1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

BB would be much better off if one or two of them, in particular, quit. :D

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Show us your scrapped inventory!

3. ScrapKing

ScrapKing Active Member

Now it would be hilarious to see no aiming shooters shooting gatlings at speeders:D

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. bramantys

bramantys New Member

Wait wait,
    How could any of you change the control setting into the good old setting? Like 100% like the old setting.
    I found this new control confusing

Aether_Zero likes this.
  5. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It's personal, there is no one "old setting". However, whichever settings you used, you can put back. Just go to settings and play with the options. There aren't many so it can't be hard to figure out. I had my old settings back first try.

bramantys and Aether_Zero like this.
  6. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Changing the sensitivity for the movement and aiming joysticks can help dial some of the intensity of motion back a bit, not great but a few folks I know have tried it and it's worked for them.
    Personally, I like the challenge haha

TheAntiSnipe and bramantys like this.
  7. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

basically, this update sped up the game somewhat, but they overdid it to the point where the average human reaction time can no longer keep up with the pace of the game... torpedoes and mortars are now, more than ever, luck/chaos dependent to be effective, it has become insanely difficult to hit an enemy with a torpedo in a 1v1 scenario even with a swift torp (so how is that suppose to be a boon for newbies?) i personally am experiencing slight symptoms of motion sickness for extended play hahaha. i think players will adjust eventually, like what happened with the missile nerf but you guys have to really just look into toning down the agility upgrade. for shooters for example, mk7s have an average agility of around 24-28 pts (pre update) now it's at 80? i was expecting somewhare like around 35-40 only.

previous meta placed a premium on proper map positions and overall teamwork, each boat has well defined strengths and weaknesses (though more balancing tweaks were needed but the roles were quite well defined) the current update negated all of that... i don't know how newbies will appreciate the current meta as well where even the veterans have a difficult time adjusting to the changes... how do you expect newbies to accept the crazy camera movement? how many will stay if they can't hit anything? many already couldn't shoot properly in the old meta, can you really expect better marksmanship in this new one?

personally, my main gripe is on the apparent lost of ship class distinctions in terms of maneuverability. defenders, without rudders/lubes, are supposed to be lumbering HP beasts, shooters are supposed to be less clunky mobile shooting platforms. speeders are supposed to run circles around their foes and enforcers are supposed to be tricky. But if you devs really see this as the way to move forward, i hope you guys are right... i really do.

crossing my fingers...

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

14, SirCornedBeef at 15:10

#CK likes this.
  9. yellowocean

what if...

just remove all blue items... blue items affect - HP, turret speed (agility), ship turn speed (agility), regeneration, and defense rating... you revamp this into an RPGish upgrade system. where players distribute points (earned via levelling up their captain leve) for HP, speed, agility, defense, regeneration... this, in theory, will balance itself out because players who prefer more HP will have to sacrifice other attributes and so on... what do u guys think?

plus removing blue items should increase drop rates for red, yellow and green items...

but i guess devs don't wanna go in this direction...

cheers!

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  10. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Unfortunately I have tried every boat. As my main is Enforcer, this update destroyed the game for me. I tried the new style controls.... not good, Disabled “Camera Relative to Steering” slowed down the camera, enabled directional arrows and still can’t pilot a boat.Went from 3900 to under 3500 infamy from yesterday. Very disappointed in the update and the max agility of the ships.
    Did not think that an event that the masses disliked would influence the game this much.

11. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Actually Defender's agility seems to be pretty great. I'm thinking those stats for Shooter will be close to the sweet spot. Which tells me again that we need sliders for each agility. I would take it one step further and say i would like to be able to establish presents for each ship. If you don't adjust then it defaults to what it is. But if you change your Shooter and Defender's agility stats, then it remembers. That would be the best user experience. I wouldn't want to have to keep adjusting depending on the ship. Different ships will have different sweet spots. Remember "less is more". The less time spent adjusting, the better.

@Zeus @KilledWhale @SirCornedBeef

ShipCrusherCz and Aether_Zero like this.
  12. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

This could also be a valid solution, but we would end in a game with a dozen or few items who drop from mounting pieces.

If you think, this way of giving the players a choice could have been done also with the crew's talents, whether you have to choose between more HP or better agility for you ship.

The point is, why rolling out an update so drastic on ship movement behaviours and saying the changes were made with all players in mind? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kneefall and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  13. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Now shooter will rule the bay.
    Since all yellow item got destroyed.
    Low agility of all other ships was a advantage for yellow ship....which got destroyed too.
    Now imagine a shooter and enforcer in a battle.
    Both can dance.
    All yellow items destroyed.
    Shooter can hit alt long range with hard hitting(railgun, sniper missile firebomb)
    Also shooter has much larger hitpoints defence.
    All good of yellow boats destroyed.
    Clearly shooter wins.
    Spending years collecting duplicate in a hope that some day it will be fruitfull.. ..then in between it got nerfed(ex cannon frost torp bubble)....nobody can understand the pain how it feels.
    My bubble was epic level 40...it broke everything... Still bubble nerf?????
    Well time to move ahead!!!!!!

Can anyone tell me any Other good game
    Now players wiwith highest level weapons wins regardless of what ship or item he uses

kneefall and VantaBlack like this.
  14. yellowocean

what puzzles me though is that agility was not really a major concern in the community, (or maybe i have missed some recent discussions)...

15. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

You can't put "sliders" for setting the agility because the Speeders will anyway always be a pray to Shooters with turret rotation set at max.

There's no more tactic, just a new FPS where who wins is the guy with maxed weapons. Halleluja.

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. yellowocean

one obvious tactical change for shooter now is to shoot with your bow facing at or away from the enemy instead of sideways (best way to dodge in the old meta was to have ur shooter perpendicular to your target), with the new meta, it's the other way around since it's faster to move aside than move forward/backward... just my opinion

17. TOBBOM

TOBBOM Member

In fact it wasn't, it has never been.

Rudder and gear lube items even became some sort of funny divine punishment for coming out too often while mounting blue pieces.
    As other players mentioned, if you really wanted more agility for your ship, you had to sacrifice a blue item (such as a shield) to mount a rudder or the gear lube - and it made perfect sense.

18. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

If I have toggled autopilot off from the settings why do I still have the autopilot button on my battle screen? There is already two buttons I don't use now - the shot cancellation button and the autopilot button. It's getting annoying to have extra stuff on my screen that I don't need or use..

Or is there actually a way to completely remove these buttons from battle screen?

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  19. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

I agree, Then was absolutely over done.

BattleRascal and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. Jarex

Jarex New Member

60-70% of players played this game for years with old controls. Now it's disaster for us. Your boat uncontrollable, most of tactics is dead, most of weapons useless. If I don't see fix for this update, this game is RIP for me...