1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Need for Patch for the Update 3.2

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HAPPY SITHSHA, 5 Sep 2018.

1. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Hi guys. Well,everyone is so so so so disappointed about the latest update 3.2,especially about the max agility for all boats.And Gatling gun's damage must be greatly increased or it should have armor penetration ability.So,to fix these two,we need a better patch now,isn't it guys?

My idea:
    Either slightly increase the ship and turret agility for all boats(maybe 15% and 25%)
    or just make this one with max agility for all ships as a new game mode.What do u think guys?

Come join me in this thread and raise your voice against this update and let's demand a decent patch from the devs to fix this big big mistake as soon as possible!!;);)

Note:Share your feelings and thoughts as well here.
    My current feeling::(:(:(:(:mad::mad:

Weeze, What's Up Player and Nicolas like this.
  2. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Going back to the original and increasing agility by 20%-30% would be good enough to feel fast paced.....
    My feeling: :( :( :( -_- -_- grrrrrrrrr

3. HAPPY SITHSHA

Hey how about this idea? Make this new one (that is battle with max agility for all ships) as a new game mode. That will be nice!!!

@TheAntiSnipe ,@Ash KOT ,@CaffeinatedChris ,@Help I Cant Swim ,@YerJokinArnYer ,what do u think?:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

4. PallabKumarS

Student
    Then ranked matches might get more horrified(less player might cause a lot difference in gs) cause some people will choose that mode while other people will choose other one...
    But,its still will be better than this tho....a lot of people don't want to play with this freaky agility including me...

BasedCarpen likes this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Personally I’d launch a reduced agility event (perhaps somewhere in the middle of the old agility and the new agility) ASAP to give the Devs the 3 days to properly review the reaction and consider their own response. Perhaps I’d also give enhanced rewards during the event as a matter of goodwill.

6. PallabKumarS

Student
    Seems great...

7. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

I sent this feedback to devs:
    My feedback about this update:
    • The game is currently unplayable. We can't hit anything unless we're in a very close combat (not to mention lagging ppl...)
    • Ships movements are too unpredictable, so one of the main aspects of the game is dead: Leading Shots.
    • Now, it so easy to dodge slow projectile weapons, so torps/explosive cannon/mortars/... users won't be much happy.
    • I would preferred 50% more agility instead of maxed maxed agility. Reason: too much agility isn't appealing, and some ships are affected more than other ships: shooter/defender are more benefitted than speeder/enforcer.
    (Now, 1v1 shooter vs speeder is more balanced.
    As Cpt Obvious said: "I don't even play speeder, but a speeder on a properly planned attack vector should have the upper hand (for a short while), now the enemy can simply hit lock and his turret rotates around in 0.1 sec."

Most of speeders are hit and run speeders.
    Now, speeder can't take advantage of 0.5 seconds where he can attack you from behind.
    Not to mention the Auto button which is capable of leading you towards enemy speeder hiding behind a rock in the other side of the map.
    Speeder should have 2.5x more agility than a shooter since a shooter has 2.5x more weapons than a speeder.)
    • Everything else is so good
    From my perspective: the problem with current agility is that both turret and ship agility are maxed out which isn't good. ppl liked to use one gear lube or one rudder alone. They didn't use both weapons at the same time.
    If u want to improve agility of the ship, then you should combine both weapons together. In other words, u should improve agility as if ur improving two weapons, so +200% more agility isn't appealing in ranked matches.
    Note: Long range weapons are affected too. It's so hard to aim railgun/ sniper because with the current agility enemy movements aren't predictable (im talking about a far enemy)
    Players tend to get closer to opponents now because aiming will be easier in medium/short range
    soon, railgun /sniper /bandage will be less appealing (+ slow projectile weapons torps/mortars /x-cannon...)
    Reason: battles end up in a medium to close range quickly
    I asked in VIP and in Chill Zone this question: What do u prefer 1) +200% more agility (the current agility) / 2) +100% more agility / 3) 50% more agility?
    The majority of players choose the third option.
    Help me with this survey:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/posts/172595/

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
    envylife, *JAWS*, Weeze and 1 other person like this.
  8. PallabKumarS

Student
    I would choose 50% too

9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

The game originally felt like you were actually captaining a boat, you had to be calculated, now it's just cartoonish. Some people might like cartoonish, but that's a drastic departure from the game so many people invested money, time and sweat into.

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I would say reduce it even more if not back to original and add a rudder/lube one slot item back so we can have varying agility in place of defense.

11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Agree with everything but ..

How is it more balanced? There used to be one thing Speeder excelled at, and it's ruined. There's no way speeder can now 1v1 a shooter with the same amount of skill.

Nicolas likes this.
  12. Nicolas

I mean: 1v1 shooter vs speeder is more balanced now which is wrong. Speeder should have an advantage over shooter.

What's Up Player likes this.
  13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Oops, my bad, must have misunderstood somehow :confused::D

Nicolas likes this.
  14. HAPPY SITHSHA

Oh ok. We are waiting.Also,we are waiting for a reply from any dev or from @The Grim Repair .:):):oops::oops:

15. Nicolas

16. NadaWaK

NadaWaK New Member

Nicolas likes this.
  17. HAPPY SITHSHA

Nicolas likes this.
  18. Nicolas

I will share some data from my survey when I receive enough responses (200+)

19. HAPPY SITHSHA

As Grim said,we can wait for the hotfix(patch) for the Update 3.2.
    What are the things going to change after the hotfix?Any thoughts?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

20. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Funny thing @Miika when u smacked down my suggestion 2 months ago for scrapping lube and rudder from the game.

Doke. As Bart Simpson says. Lol.

Now to real fix. 25 percent rudder boost. 50 percent turret boost.
    These are real game play suggestions of using boat and rudder and gear lube. And they are about the point where u have great agility. But the game isn't unplayable.

Just this sharks 2 cents. But friendly reminder to our developer team. Ur update is going the right direction. Just a bit of an overshoot. Also for months top players have offered to be the test tube mice to run these update ideas thru. And to be a first class sounding board. Cough...fix defender?

Never heard back from any developer to seriously take up this suggestion and do a discord group page.

Silence and then action is what creates players going....hmmm? Whereas more balancing hot fixes done weekly would end the majority of outburst regarding any ship or weapon becoming the "by the power of grayskull"

Best of luck fixing this quickly ...and keep bring hotfixes. This is also the proper way forward.

@The Grim Repair

@Pinecone