1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. Stig

Stig Member

Gatling gun achievement doesn't work still. I have a level 10 epic Gatling gun, shot tons of boats, and the achievement hasn't moved.

Oh yeah.... It's because somehow the devs completely forgot about defence and the Gatling gun is completely useless. I wonder if they actually tested it or just used it once for the preview video. How did tons of people here immediately find the major flaw but no one on the devs team did. Or maybe the shy guy in the corner said something but was ignored. Listen to that guy. Or your players. Or common sense. Any of those would have helped.

Same with the agility.... It was a good laugh for the event, but a permanent thing? If we had known that event was a test for the main game, we would screamed at you like we are now. I even told people it's just an event, have fun with it because it's only a few days. Seriously.. Did anyone on the dev team actually try driving the boats or were you too busy figuring out how to make autopilot crash into rocks? (Yes, I know you said there was a lot of testing but its hard to see how this was ever the solution). as just about everyone else here said, increased agility is a good idea but you went way too far. Yeah I get the whole demographics and catering to newer players because that's where the money us. Makes sense and goes right along with us saying that increasin agility is good ...... but then not this. New players are going to have trouble with it too. And like miathan Said, the slider won't work because then you give away competitive advantage. You just need to turn it way down.

Now how come we players know this but it seems like the devs have never actually played this game? I know they do... So what happened? You really need to review your decision making process because this is just stupid. This update had two genuinely good ideas. Both were executed very poorly.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
    Smag, Epicular, ShipCrusherCz and 4 others like this.
  2. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    what number ?

3. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

Agreed. At the most it should have just been a raffle like system where RNG was still involved. I feel like I’m being punished a bit by getting rid of a useless items to save inventory space...as those are way over priced. Keep rudder or pay 720 pearls for three more inventory slots? Hmmmm.... Hopefully, with less items in the blue pool now, we’ll get what we’ve been waiting for soon. Wishful thinking.

Elothean and Lendren like this.
  4. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Sorry but it never gets old hearing whinning bananas. I've endured your op unbalanced yellow tails for a long time. Now maybe a taste of others frustrations will suffice. I imagine it won't take long for SKILLED bananas to adjust and still remain as op as ever!

Turkett

xArrogance and Dobson like this.
  5. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    lower battle matchmaking and lower online player for sure

AyasNade likes this.
  6. I am playing this game for a year now and had no major issues before, but for the first time I am forced to create a account and write how bad I'm feeling about this game and update!

I really appreciate Devs for the work and time they put on to this new update but this actually is not working for so many of the players including me! I am really missing the Realistic movement of Ships!
    I am a Mk5 Shooter guy and I actually don't like the massive agility increase!
    Many people are asking for agility adjustment by themselves but I think that will make no difference with the new update, as we all love advantages in game so none will reduce it when a speeder/enforcer with max agility(adjusted by himself/herself) and a shooter or any other ship with customized agility(adjusted by himself/herself) will face each other, now we all know what's gonna happen next!

SO I REQUEST TO BATTLE BAY TEAM TO DECREASE THE AGILITY BY 30-40 % BY YOURSELF IN THE NEXT UPDATE!
    I BET MOST OF THE PEOPLE WILL LIKE IT!

*Sorry For My Bad English*

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Sep 2018
    ShipCrusherCz, NadaWaK, #CK and 3 others like this.
  7. Jackowy

Jackowy New Member

Update killed speeders badly no one playing this boat anymore ... On my last 15 games I had maybe 2-3 speeders ...

8. Terry Morgan

I have no issue with improved agity and turret. I used rudder and GL anyways so it is just a free T5 legendary upgrade for me. Ty Rovio!

Turkett

9. Dhruvx

Dhruvx New Member

New update sucks .....max agility is not encouraged in any means ....uncontr uncontrollable ship
    Leaving this game if isn't solved fed up playing with new update

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree 100%, I'd love to be in control of my own agility, yes please!

DJGIBSON likes this.
  11. DJGIBSON

DJGIBSON New Member

New update sucks , The balance of all ships is shaken . This agility is not good at all , max agility is not encouraged in any means ... uncontrol uncontrollable ship , PLZZZZZZ Fix It . Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . We can not have a good game at all.

12. Terry Morgan

Lol some speeders adapt faster than others. There are more now that are a super PIA to deal with than before. Skill is required for speeder now rather than just tesla shield here and spam nitro there. The skilled ones can still demolish entire team.. Just the mediocre players exploiting the op items and ships whinning because now their skill level, or lack thereof has been exposed!

Turkett

13. TheAntiSnipe

Okay, then I am a speeder noob.
    Edit:
    Context: I've been to 3.4k infamy in a mk5 speeder, and have 208 hours at least into playing it. I've been a speeder main for a year now. Now I'm an ex-speeder main, because of the enforcer. So yeah. By your logic, I'm a low skill PoS who cannot drive a speeder at all, who relies on OP weapons to win.
    (Except I got to Ace 2 with mostly rare t3 gear in October 2017, I believe)

14. Terry Morgan

Balance is such a wonderful thing! Finally

Turkett

15. TheAntiSnipe

Read the edit:)

VantaBlack likes this.
  16. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

You're not, his aim is just trash. I never had a problem with speeders as a defender, it was a fair matchup. Enforcers were more trouble

17. TheAntiSnipe

I was being sarcastic;) I may be no pro, but I'm definitely not a noob:D

ShipCrusherCz and Reorge like this.
  18. Stig

Stig Member

Hey devs, while you're busy fixing this mess, can we also get the boats to act like boats. You might be surprised to know that V bottom boats like a shooter and speeder (sort of) lean to the Inside in a turn.

As for the other three boats, I can't say I've ever studied the hydrodynamics of a riding lawn mower on an inner tube, a blue blob on a tire, or a tall and flat boat with a pink opening in the center. I'm thinking they will all flip forwards if they tried to move quickly. This would be funny but probably not good. People will be complaining endlessly about boat balance if their boats faceplant every time they start to build up speed. But can we still have the shooter and Speeder act like boats?

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

I am a defender now my ship moving like a drunken snake. I am pissed as well.

ShipCrusherCz, #CK and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

Username checks out:D though I'll have to ask you to change it:)

ShipCrusherCz and YerJokinArnYer like this.