1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Speeder mk4

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by -(Ranger)-, 19 Jun 2017.

1. -(Ranger)-

-(Ranger)- New Member

Right now my main is the speeder mk4 and my loadout is:
    -epic lvl 10 sniper cannon
    -rare lvl 20 swift torpedo or epic lvl 8 triple torpedo
    -rare lvl 10 tesla bolt or epic lvl 7 nitro
    -uncommon lvl 30 overboost (until I lvl up my rare overboost)
    -rare lvl 20 turbo
    -rare lvl 12 standard shield or rare lvl 10 rudder

Any suggestions on what else I should use?

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I dont like sniper on speeder... we are front line, not snipers imo..
    So suggest blast or carronade instead
    You then want synergy, flaregun is awesome with blast cannon..

I also dont rate triple.. big - yes.. triple, not so much.. combo'd with frost is another nice combo.

Rest looks ok, except im not a fan of rudder, not at mk4 anyway, much better options

The Otherguy and Cyberfisch like this.
  3. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

SPEEDer = Speed + Swift is my best Friend
    Unfortunately is there a conflict between speed and carronade talents in Swift's Tree.
    I prefer Sniper - the high speed Projectiles is easier to aim and the crit Talents from Bhurt plus Perks make this weapon deadly in combo with Tritorp or Big torpedo + Frost blaster.
    And I love my epic lvl 20 Bandage!
    So try out and you will find the best loadout dependent to your Playstyle.

Raunak and monobrow like this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you are good with torpedo this is great against enemies with fixers and overall a great mk4 setup:

Swift torpedo, Big torpedo, frost launcher, overboost, standard shield, bandage/turbo.

Another sweet setup if you like an assassin type play style is:

Blast cannon, explosive cannon, overboost, tesla bolt, standard shield, bandage/turbo.
    (Tesla bolt after shooting both your weapons gives your weapons time to cooldown while enemy is stunned giving you a great advantage)

Hope these work for you if you decide to try them.

5. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I do not main speeder

I play shooter and defender mostly but been playing speedy for a while now

I'm no expert but my speeder is kinda decent so here's what I think.

All items you use on your ship must be in synch with your specific play style

You must build your ship to fit the way you play best

How do you play your speedy?

Some people play clean up speedy, show up out of no where and kill the almost dead and dying guy

For this style, 2 powerful close range guns like explosive cannon amd blast cannon, a nitro and overboost ( you can use dual nitro and dual overboost as well, but most people refrain from using this cause they need the extra item to evolve) and dual turbo or turbo and a bandage for your blues

Wait for a guy to get low hp

You gotto go in real quick

Fire 2 shots in quick succession, kill the guy, and leave real fast. If you got hit, stay away and heal with bandage.

Downside is, you won't be able to do much unless the rest of the team manages to weaken a guy where you can kill him in 2-3 shots

Another way to play speedy is assasin speedy

This style must not be confused with clean up speedy

Assasin speedy basically wanders off alone and kills the alone guy from the other team who wandered off alone

For this style, best items are dual standard cannons or carronades, or 1 cannon and 1 carronade (Dual cannon works best but if you trained swift for carronade, carronade is better), tesla bolt and nitro or overboost (I prefer nitro) and dual turbo or turbo and bandage

Get to the lone wolf, circle around him, fire 2 shots and use tesla bolt, when tesla wears off, fire 2 more and so on

Make sure lone wolf dies before he tries to get back to teammates or abort mission

The tesla bolt kinda becomes a pointless waste of a yellow slot if the lone wolf is not alone

If you got hit, run away and hide and heal with bandage.

Downside is, again, this is a situational speedy, doesn't work unless somebody is far away from the rest of the team and is foolish enough to try and finish you off on his/her own instead of running back to team

Final basic speedy style

Distraction speedy

This speedy works better if you trained for speed perks instead of carronade

Any 2 guns with low cd, cannons or carronades

Dual turbo is kinda must

Dual overboost is best but dual nitro or nitro and overboost is cool too

Stay in front of your team and run in zig zag patterns

Shoot a shooter and draw aggro and try to keep agro on you

Harrass players and keep them shooting at you

Your low hp will fool enemies into believing you are an easy target and everybody will focus fire on you

While you be dodging, the rest of your team will be harrass free and be dishing damage

Keep a look out at where their turrets are pointed

With dual overboost, you will always be at max speed with only 2 second delays in between and with dual turbos

You can avoid getting hit much.

Downside to this style is, you will probably die before the game ends and even if you were alive all the time, you will do the least damage.

However, you can switch to assasin mode or clean up mode in between and back with this setup so it's kinda flexible

A different version of the same style is "Bait Speedy"

Basically instead of cannons, you use dual mines or maybe mines and grenades

Running around at max speed, distracting players, making them chase you and dropping mines all around them so they either can't move much or they run into a mine and lose tons of hp

Some speeders wander off alone, flank the enemy team from the opposite direction and distract them, trap them within mines or bait them into chasing them and dying which is good too

Only reason not to play bait speedy is that bait speedy isn't as flexible in playstyle as distraction speedy.

Frost blaster and tesla shields are enforcer items in my opinion so I don't touch them

These are the most basic playstyles and as far as I know, most speeders use a mix of these styles in every match.

There is apparently a style called "Scouting speedy"

Basically you wander off alone, scout for your team and figure out where they are, return and give your team some positional advantage

Bad style I think, most players who tried this usually die in the first 1 min without doing much damage.

Note: Don't try any of these styles on enforcers, you will get screwed

Fixers are a bad target too but acceptable

You can try any of these on other speeders too, may or may not work, depends on who's faster and got more skills

Pick your build based on what your personal playstyle is similar to

Or better, experiment with all the above items and make your own personal unique style and build

I hope I was of some help

Thanks a lot for reading

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You don't need to find a low hp guy. That's what speeders do best. Taking out a full hp guy.
    Attack and stun during your weapon cooldowns.

7. CheekyDevilGod

That's the assasin style speedy

Yes

But only works when the full hp ship is far away from the rest of the teams

It's theoretically possible to take out a ship the way you say it but I've never done it and neither have I seen anybody do it so I'm not sure how practically feasible it is

It's hard for 1 speeder to focus on 1 ship in the presence of the other ships, friends or unfriends

Besides, at my level, there are always teammates who end up shooting a stunned target and breaking the stun so the whole trick become pointless

It is possible to take out a full hp ship in the presence of allies and enemies too

But tesla bolt is probably not the best build to do that

Even frost blaster maybe considered

But the best build for team play is either dual overboost/nitro or overboost AND nitro

8. IOError

IOError New Member

I main a speeder and I do it quite a bit. Usually only for a fixer because you are running a big chance you'll end up dead. I's basically a combination of distraction and assassin. You just do the distraction from withing their own lines. Make sure just before you go in all of your team is in range and that you call to target the fixer. Three reasons, 1) you'll kill the fixer faster 2) they will be too busy healing themselves to help their teammates too much 3) since a lot of the other team will assemble around trying to kill you by focusing on the fixer they will also catch other teammates. Once inside their lines lock onto the fixer and you are just going to overboost, shoot, shoot, nitro, shoot, (Repeat). I use a cannon, and a sniper, the sniper is good for softening up the target before you go in and with it's projectile speed at close distance even a fixer with nitro is not going to be able to time their boost to make you miss more than once. You can also go 2v1 pretty easy using the pattern above and the assassin strategy if two people go off alone but it's harder and if you have a rock to run behind close by it help a lot.

I recommend Overboost and Nitro. Over boost for basic moving around the map quickly and Nitro for the moments you just can't / don't want to be where you are right now! Also is going 1v1 you can watch their cannons track you and with a bit of practice scoot away before they get a lock on you and then you're behind them again. And I either run dual turbos (Rare and Uncommon) or rare turbo and grease.

9. CheekyDevilGod

Lol

I meant that I don't believe it's practically feasible to assasinate ships at full hp WITH A TESLA BOLT in your build when the whole team is nearby

Like I said, tesla bolt is pointless in this strategy cause you and your teammates would wanna keep shooting at the target which would break the stun

I'm not saying it's not possible

Speeders can play clean up style, take out the low hp almost dead targets when they are surrounded by their allies

Or they can play assasin style, take out a full hp ship which wandered far off

They can't take out a full hp ship within their allies range alone

And even if they can, tesla bolt is a waste of a slot to play in that style

Like you said, overboost and nitro is better

But when you reach mk5

It's highly recommended to get a dual overboost and nitro set up

With dual overboost, you'll almost always be at overboost speed except for 2 seconds between each overboost

Cause overboost lasts 8 seconds and has a 10 second cd time

Meaning with 2 overboosts, you'll always be flying

And you'll have a nitro in the other slot to help in dire scenarios

10. -(Ranger)-

-(Ranger)- New Member

Man I'm a mix I stun the main dmg dealer and then shoot someone else with my sniper cannon come back and fire my torpedo at the guy who is stunned doing as much area dmg as possible after that I stay with my team dodging torbs and cannons then I repeat the process and attack except this time going all the way through and out the other side drawing out the speeder or the nearest shooter then using my equipment I take them down or they take me down it doesn't matter because they will be off trying out kill me while the rest of my team is taking down the other team which is down 1 player, normally this strategy works well for me, though I don't always draw a guy out, it depends on the situation, this strategy is also the reason I recently made my new dmg record, 11053, and my battles are normally won by me or my team because if I finish that guy I dragged out off there is usually only 1 guy left unless they have a fixer... then I usually use the "distraction speedy" style.
    (And I don't believe in dual turbos, a rudder is a must have. Speeders don't aim with their turrets they aim with their ships)

11. CheekyDevilGod

Well then, there you have it

Get a tesla bolt, nitro

Use sniper (I honestly recommend cannon more, the dps on this thing is amazing, and with the lame turret agility of speeders, sniper is risky due to the high cd, try dual cannons one game and if you don't like it, switch)

Use 1 rudder and a turbo

Or get a dual rudder and see how that changes gameplay

Experiment, mix it up and get the best build suited for you

12. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    The rudder is not a must have in my opinion if you are not an mk6 because it is preferable using something like a shield or bandage to last longer, I play speeder in two modes, the bait/assassin speeder with my big torp a nitro and oB and the sneaky ninja assassin/distract with the tesla bolt and overboost the blast cannon and flare, I have reached 2300 infamy but I can't evolve my rare blast cannon to tier III because of my bad luck