1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

To those who are in line with the updates, here’s my rebuttal

1) The reason why Battle bay has piqued the interest of many players
    a) Physics of waves (that is hardly seen in other type of shooting game)
    b) Near realism of actual boat scenario
    c) Tactics, skills, maneuverability & positioning
    With this update, you have essentially destroyed item B & C, which can be perceived as destroying the foundation of BB itself

2) In-direct nerf of multiple items
    a) Mortar-ish item
    b) Torps
    c) Mines (Subject to opinions)

3) In-direct nerf to Speeders , and a direct buff to Enforcers & Defenders
    Not that buffing is not good, but the consequences has not been thoroughly or meticulously thought through

Criticism
    1) Massive change in short period

Bear in mind, it isn’t that we aren’t receptive to changes; Changes are good when introduce in small dosage over a period of time.
    What the Devs have done is akin to ask Humans to walk with their hands and carry stuffs with their legs. Can such changes be effectively transition across such a short period?
    Can the Devs suggest or estimate a minimum threshold of games needed so that players can adapt to the new changes?
    Those who can adapt will play on. Those who can’t adapt will perish and be showcased in future museums as fossil specimens.

2) Lack of communication & selling skills
    I reckon the Devs and the rest of the team has to buck up on this issue.
    Feedback has been given across the forums when the Max Agi event came up to place.
    To my understanding, majority was negative.
    As customers and stakeholders, the most important aspect is to always listen instead of shoving your ideas down our throats while ignoring feedback.
    Key to selling is always listen listen and listen, instead of shoving info/products down the throats of your customer.

2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Translation: Many of my guild, including me, are thinking of leaving the game if this isn't fixed. Max agility is horrible

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Maybe ship/turret agility should be changed to +30% of original instead of max, and then you can work your way to max with talents that make you pick either ship/turret agility, hp, or defense. These could be for a new crew member.

The items were considered useless because the trade-off was not worth it to most players, especially below Mk5/Mk6 depending on the ship class, so removing them was a good move in my opinion, but there should still be a dynamic between agile ships vs beefy ships.

Regarding the gatling gun, I think armor penetration talents would be handy—maybe like 3 talents spread out from each other, each giving +15% armor penetration. It also needs a damage boost. Something I feel would also really help it would be to decrease global cooldown after firing it to the same time as its firing rate, so you can use it to chain into other weapons or cancel its burst with a nitro. As for the reload, I think we should add an option to reload manually by double-tapping its icon. Reloading this way should not affect global cooldown whatsoever.

5. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Devs, the enfo’s steering is too sensitive, it makes that much agi a disadvantage, we are like driving drunk.

6. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

So you mean to say if i hadnt scrap those useless lubes and rudder, I couldve gotten to chose the item I really like?

7. BishopGT

BishopGT New Member

After playing and thinking about everything some more:

1) I really like the Gatling concept. It needs some tuning, but cool weapon/idea!

2) Please get rid of or adjust that splash screen audio, or make it optional. It comes through REALLY loud and jarring and adds nothing to the experience in my opinion.

3) I actually can’t believe the Agility ‘upgrade’ made it into a live patch. Defenders now have more than double the old Agility of Enforcers, so they essentially have no weakness now other than Speed, which the crazy Agility buffs made way less relevant. Yes, Enforcers (the only ship I’ve played - loved it from the start) have insane Agility now, but it is FAR too much. Your elite players may be able to take better advantage of it, but a VAST majority of your casual players won’t be able to. It is simply too sensitive. One false twitch or jerk motion can literally spin you around 180* degrees. You have to act with so much restraint most of the time that no one will even approach taking advantage of the ‘full capabilities’ in most situations. In fact, you will be having to constantly hold back and not go too fast, so is it really even an upgrade at all? I would call it a downgrade in most situations.

I understand the thought that faster gameplay is fun, but this shot well past ‘faster’ to spastic and chaotic. Please roll back this change and replace it with something more reasonable, like a 20% upgrade instead. This wasn’t even a real problem that needed a fix. I don’t think I’ll be sticking around otherwise - it just isn’t fun as-is.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
    kyozen, Epicular, bramantys and 7 others like this.
  8. :Beardman:

:Beardman: Active Member

Unfortunately I believe that enforcer is almost unplayable with the extreme turret and ship agility.
    I have been caught up on a wall too many times spinning.....

I will be waiting patiently for an update in the morning.

9. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    no respond from devs until now ? so what's the purpose of this forum then :eek:

10. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Thats why i am not saying anything....i highly suspect they will do something

LEONARDO' THE VINCI' likes this.
  11. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

There was a response about 8 hours ago, it' s just burried.

ShipCrusherCz and #CK like this.
  12. Volki70

Volki70 New Member

give us the Chance to Reduce the agility. it's to hard for most players

Boeggla likes this.
  13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

14. fccminotor

fccminotor New Member

they have to react quickly because that will really happen. in my team, many think to leave too.

LEONARDO' THE VINCI' likes this.
  15. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I’ve been seeing a lot of the same. Guys with 20k plus battles area not happy. These are not guys who even read the forums. Just friends in game who I asked about their impressions.
    Those of us who play a lot of battles are probably going to try and make this update work, but I’m getting a sense that a lot of long time casual players who might play 5 or 10 battles a day are the ones who will quit faster. They don’t play enough to try and get used to the new mechanics and it will frustrate them.

Volki70 likes this.
  16. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

It's really funny that u think ur going back, but in reality ur just spinning in circles :D And sometimes I just reverse back move forward in reverse. Lmao. :DThis agility and turret speed increase is just crazy. I feel like I'm playing the game for the first time:confused:

AyasNade likes this.
  17. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

Honestly, who cares about Gatling Gun at this point? For most, collecting the weapon will be a grind in itself. You have time to fix it... However, thanks for the update.

This agility update though. I don’t want to sound condescending, but I wish I knew how this was determined to be a good idea. I’ve been a huge fan of the game. I’ve gone with the ups and downs, but this is imo the worst change I’ve seen in the game yet. The way the ships are controlled was a steep learning curve?? After playing more than 20 games I’m sure you can figure it out like everyone else has. Personally I thought it was natural. Then you mention that progressing through marks was difficult as the turret/agility changed.... I never actually even noticed at all as I progressed. The change was so minuscule that if you had even noticed, it’d take just a few games to get the hang of it. Almost like how this agility update should have been, but instead of a small tweak [to see how it was recieved], now we have maxed super hero intoxicated ships. “Weeks of testing on OUR side”... Then you used the event as a final test?? And did you not monitor how the community responded? If after your own testing you still thought it was a good idea, I don’t know how it got approved past the event. As far as my observation into the community is concerned, I’d go on a limb and say it was the least played event overall. Or at least the most polarizing one aside from this weeks reward system.

Recommendations:
    Increase agility to 20% the original value. A tiny increase to make the game feel faster, but still controllable. I’ve seen posts about a slider to adjust the sensitivity, but I think it should be standard across ships. There was a tactical reason to go with one ship or another. Now all ships can turn on a dime. It completely took skill out of the game...well, sorta. Now you need skill to compensate for the steep learning curve that was created. But by decreasing your agility with a slider, you’d technically be nerfing yourself. I’d absolutely decrease mine and I’d play better, but it’d still be a nerf.

Then, as I pointed out above, I’d really like to know what your sample group was and how your team came to your conclusion. As a whole, I think it’s safe to say that this isn’t what the community wanted. I’ve monitored chat, VIP chat, The Toobers GG launch stream, my own guild, a forum poll, and this thread. Unless all the people that like the change are hiding, majority don’t like this at all. Idk the fix here, but you have this forum, Facebook, guild leaders, VIP members, players that have spent a TON of money into this game (which I assume you want more of). Tap into those resources. I’d even be more than willing to help. Shoot me a PM. I’d just charge a legendary grenade :)

I know I sound critical in this post, but please take it as constructive criticism. My “tone” comes from my love for the game. Also note, I have played numerous games today to give it a chance. I have gotten to a point where I feel slightly in control of my ship (still far from desired), but using torps and mortars has become ridiculously hard. My grenade has become a “launch and pray” weapon.

(Please ignore any typos as this was posted from my iPhone)

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
  18. LEONARDO' THE VINCI'

LEONARDO' THE VINCI' New Member

I am playing around 100 battles per day, and thinking to leave.......
    LEONARDO_D_VINCI

VantaBlack and PallabKumarS like this.
  19. Lendren

Lendren New Member

I agrre with what most people say here: Baaad update

One thing that had gotten me a bit annoyed to be honest is how unfair it really is that people hwho have kept rudders/lubes in their stash can get precisely what they want.

Lets say you got 3 epic rudders, then you can just choose 3 other blue items you want/need instead. And if one had scrapped those 3 before this update, one would get some parts and about 3 epic pieces...

I love(d) the game, thats why this has gotten me annoyed.

20. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

I'm just hoping this Uber agility & turret speed is temporary, since it's showing in green letters instead of yellow. I've heard so many complaints about this update. I'm pretty sure Rovio will realize soon enough by number of players who cancelled vip subscription after this update.

PallabKumarS and #CK like this.