1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Max agility Poll

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nikeej, 4 Sep 2018.

?

Do you like it?

1. Yes

19.0%
  2. No

71.9%
  3. Doesn't bother me

9.1%
  1. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

So with the introduction of max agility in the newest update, kindly take a vote and do give constructive comments on your answer

ShipCrusherCz and Epicular like this.
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    While some boosted agility to account for the removal of lube and rudder is nice, max agility is way too much.

3. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

A little increase would have been well received. I think what we have now is a little too much. As primarily a yellow boat user, I’m having a REALLY hard time keeping my ship under control. Half the time mid battle my ship will turn 180 degrees without me meaning to.

4. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Surprisingly,I could adopt into the new controls quite easily,it actually helped me to dodge 90% of the incoming shots too

5. Holly

Holly New Member

This is horrible I will be quitting game if not fixed makes you way too sea sick!

VantaBlack and JJ7jj like this.
  6. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

It’s atrocious indeed! They need to lower the cap to a reasonably maneuverable threshold as this is overdoing it- making controlling a huge mess!!!

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  7. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

heres some reason this poll shouldnt count.
    1. majority player in the forum are old players and they played 20-30k games. they worried they lose infamy because they eigther play yellow boat or have maxed weapons will effect by the max lub and turn.

2. they get used to old style and having trouble experience th new one, but time will fix this.

3. new players will like the new mode because more actions and fun. old school old man style is boring sometines, and that is why so many high infamy players use yellow boat. slow is boring.

8. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

1. Agree on that but with a caveat.
    You don't change something dramatically at one go and expect a positive reaction to it.

This round of update is specifically changing the core of the game, which is positioning your boat. With Max agility, there is a redundancy of positioning which makes BattleBay an arcade game .

The reason dinosaurs went extinct was the inability to adapt to drastic changes.
    And this may be the future of BattleBay.

2. Some of us fell in love with BB BECAUSE of the "physics" involved while manoeuvring the boat.

3. There are plenty of arcade style games out there but none as unique as BB

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I voted No because I never got used to the squirrely controls in the Max Agility Event.

One of the primary causes for me is due to erratic auto-aim behavior, which I've opened suggestion threads on in the past. Trying to compensate for auto-aim behavior by moving boat view with max rudder makes my boat feel like it is all tangled up. I noticed that Sticky Targets was removed as an option to auto-aim... maybe it is now default? I doubt fully because I have noticed auto-aim has been jumping more than I'd like. Maybe the new auto-drive is the solution to compensate for the rudder.

All I know is this will take a while to get used to, and will cost Infamy in the mean time. I will report back later.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  10. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Making agaility and turret speed full is the worst idea i have ever seen in this forum. Who thought this foolish idea? Speeders are literally garbage now and my double carronade setup is even unplayable. If this won't change, that will be the end for me. Devs, bring us old battle bay.

11. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

Can’t drive and look around anymore this sucks.

12. XQT

XQT Member

As a defender, the max agility and turret is sufficient for us. Maybe for all other ships, the agility and turret is too much. If ever they will balance out the agility and turret please don't decrease the defender's agility and turret

AyasNade likes this.
  13. No Time 2 Battle

No Time 2 Battle Active Member

I have vertigo issues and I find the movement of my ship to literally make me feel unwell. Working on the options to see if I can lessen the effect. But visually, it is not fun to play when the game literally makes me sick.

14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm voting yes. This is the defender buff we always needed, haven't noticed anything on Shooter because they're more about staying back and shoot from distance and I always played my speeder with legendary rudder and now max agility allows me to add another blue item in its place which is another buff for my speeder.

XQT likes this.
  15. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Defender buff is very much needed. This could have been achieved by combining GL AND RUDDER into one item and not shoving it into all our throats.

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me personally. But as the logical human being that I am, seeing how many people hated the max agility event I would have never added it to ranked mode

Last edited: 5 Sep 2018
  17. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Would or wouldn't ?

18. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I don't have any issues with motion sickness or balance and the skittishness definitely makes it feel like a different game

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Would have never* whoops lemme fix lol

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. TheFixerGoddess

TheFixerGoddess New Member

Update is hot garbage.