1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 3.2 "Hitting the rapid!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 4 Sep 2018.

1. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

After trying many battles with the new Ggun, i think it never registered my shots. The achievement also always shows 0.

With the new maximum agility, it makes handling a nightmare. I dont need to learn new handling like this. This is very bad user experience. Where in the world that you can turn the ship 360 deg in 2 seconds. Why people gave so much praise? Are you paid by Rovio?

Someone has to lose his/her job in Rovio for such broken updates. I bet you will lose players and ratings if you never fix this mess soon. I will drop your rating to 1 star.

VantaBlack and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Looks to be a cracking update. I'm looking forward to the survivability provided by the agility boon.

I do think an equivalent resource reimbursement for the loss of rudder / lube would have been a nice alternative instead of just the transmute. I.e. If you had a level 10 epic rudder, you should be given 10 pieces and resource investments paid into it.

Edit: Just noticed it's free removal and the perks are selling for 1.5m. Niiiiice!

Last edited: 4 Sep 2018
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Exactly, why didn't they make a slider right away. Because everybody is different. For me the game is even unplayable like this.

ZeroNegativo, Smag and PallabKumarS like this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm playing as enforcer which I believe now has the highest agility. It's not that difficult for me but I'm sure there is a learning curve. The agility adjustments help to balance all ships. Now when there is a 1v1 between a shooter and speeder the shooter actually has a chance to win instead of just watching the speeder run circles around it.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

To everyone saying we need a slider or agility settings:

The problem is that this is a competitive game. If you are content with a slider, and put yourself at lower speeds, you put yourself at a disadvantage. You will never be able to compete with the people who play with max speeds and get good at it. This means you'll lose infamy and win fewer battles in events.

7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

The acheivement isn't working yet but no ne has been able to upgrade the gatling enough to do any real damage yet so it isnt a big issue at the moment. I' SURE a fix is coming soon.

8. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

FYI: Gatling Gun Damage achievement should now be properly working for everyone :)

JoshW likes this.
  9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Agreed, why not practice a little and you will see the benefits of the new agility stats rather than automatically hating them.

10. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I'm responding solely to correct the misinformation you're intentionally spreading. I'm "ignoring" you after this .. and would suggest anyone else that cares about real information do the same.

1) I never said it will pop "your" bubble .. you could post a screenshot of a L1 common bubble or choose duration or rail gun talents over HP talents.

2) The screenshot of the EC you posted had an additional 3% damage from perks on another equipped weapon.

People used to use the 1.5% epic perks on missiles until they came out with missile specific perks (8% per perk rather than 1.5% for all weapons). The 1.5s are obsolete ..

Why? 1.5% × 4 perk slots × 5 weapons = 30% for each weapon, whereas 8% × 4 = 32% per weapon.

3) Post-update: A max epic TS with all HP talents selected, 2 epic HP perks, 1 Legendary perk (+75 HP, +0.8 duration), and 1 epic duration perk gives you 1931.4 HPs with a 7.9 duration ... and it's still absorbing the overinflated EC you posted.

4) Here are the stats on a max epic EC (without other item perks inflating it):

Screenshot_20180822-152623.png

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  11. Bronkel

Bronkel New Member

the new weapon is a good idea, but the ability is toooooo much. Gameplay is too stressful and fun is downsizing! Auto button is also unnecessary. Sorry, but I start hating this lovely game. I played it for having fun, not for getting stressed! Over and out. :(

Sry for my English expression

VantaBlack, Coronel haty and Anzio like this.
  12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I already have, and I also played the high agility event. I hate it because I experienced it, not "automatically".

kyozen, GGodHand, Smag and 1 other person like this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Why not have more interaction with players before making such a big change. Most people don't wanted this and most don't like. Only a handful likes this new agility.

I have seen several people in this thread who quit the game or are planning to after this update. So, Devs talk to the players more. In the year that I play this game, I have only seen a handful of replies from you in the forum. This problem could have been avoided so easily!

VantaBlack, Ultrah, GGodHand and 7 others like this.
  14. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Like sensitivity settings in other shooting games, not everyone is comfortable with it maxed out. Some, like me, have nausea issues with it being too high. And, even the best players started with a normal setting and worked themselves up.

If you're starting out as a boxer, they don't just toss you in the ring with Mike Tyson to get your ear bit off .. you slowly work up to that privilege ..

Flint likes this.
  15. Pleocoma

Pleocoma New Member

Update is not available for me still. I am an ipad user and we've had this issue before. I think it took like a day or two last time before it was up? Not a big deal, just letting you know. Also was nice last time that you gave me and a few others some free crates for lost time. :)

If someone could let BumRusher or Imspicylatina from the guild Virii know I am not able to help out on quests until the update is available to me, that would be great. Thanks!

16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That has been the case since Tesla Resistance was introduced. And Speeder has been nerfed about 6 more times since then.

Speeder is completely dependedant on outmanoeuvring because it has fewer weapons and hp. That’s what makes it fair, but it has been a dead strategy for months now.

Shooter doesn’t just have ‘a chance’ now, it’s almost completely unbeatable. Double the weapons, 50% more health, lightning fast turret that can reacquire a Nitroing Speeder before his GCD has even recovered.

How the hell is Speeder ever supposed to win?

17. Smag

Smag Member

Ok I just played a bunch of battles and my thoughts on it.. higher level ships are crazy powerful now.. agility is way way too high just feels ridiculous and actually makes it harder to aim (leading shots), mortars should have increased dmg radius to make up for the HUGE agility boost, Gatling gun is nearly useless at higher ship levels because defense blocks most of the dmg.. which is a shame because it’s a fun weapon.

Also people have even less of a reason to use ships other than shooter because agility is just nuts.. Defender ship probably gets the biggest boost from this update. Auto pilot steers seemingly at random kind of hard to deal with especially with the agility just swings around the place.

VantaBlack likes this.
  18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This update is actually laughable

19. Smag

Smag Member

Scrapped all of mine had no idea this update was in the works. Fml

20. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Sorta disagree with this. I ran a rudder because it gave me an advantage over lesser agile ships. They should have combined the rudder and gear lube items for those of us that used this stuff. The bay is becoming more homogenized.

Shadow Moon! likes this.