1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

No stars awarded.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Killer Tugboat, 3 Sep 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killer Tugboat

Killer Tugboat New Member

Recently I've been getting no stars.
    https://replay.battlebay.net/RXBTXKPM#FSHCVKLX
    If you look at the battle in the link, you'll see I killed 2 ships and had the second highest damage yet I'm listed in last place on the dmg detail screen and was awarded no starts. Please explain.

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    0 stars for a win means that you are in the infamy tanking zone (800 infamy below your highest ever). Being in the zone gives harder matches and less rewards to discourage infamy tankers from abusing the system. Get back to normal infamy (above 800 below your highest) to receive normal rewards again.

3. Killer Tugboat

Thanks for the info.. I've never heard of this . I'm a player that plays by the rules and never floats or cheats. I don't think it's fair considering it's been weeks that my infamy has declined and not for lack of effort. I was at over 3600 a few weeks ago but didnt realize a losing streak would interrupt your rewards. Not fair to players like me that always play by the rules and even report those who don't.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Yeah, a lot of people have been unfairly punished by it :( Good luck getting back up!

6. Killer Tugboat

Thanks for the support... this sucks.. not fair to honest players ... I've been VIP for months and months and I've spent some money hear over the past year or 2. You know I'll be cancelling my subscription and stop spending money to support this app if this is what they're doing. All they've done is lost a customer because they've made it extremely difficult to win a battle at this point. Please stand up to this corruption.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

For those who aren’t aware: once you are in the “infamy tanking” area, you are not stuck forever.
    The system itself is vital to prevent seal clubbing from being more prevalent.
    We made already changes in the not so distant past that a) you aren’t stuck forever, in time you can get out without having to go back to your original score ( we won’t share details to prevent abuse ) and b) if you come back to game after a while of absence ( different times have different effects ) your infamy is automatically lowered so that you can get back into the game without getting punished right away.

8. Peasant ignore me

Peasant ignore me New Member

people who are below the average infamy should be punished and i am happy these losers will not be getting any rewards.

9. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

These rules needs to be posted in game. There are many out there who don't know the tanking rules.

10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Why wasn't it made so that this lowering happens automatically over time, instead of requiring a login? That would have fixed the issue of inactive people taking high spots in the local and global rankings, which has been a problem for a long time...

Shadow Moon! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Wow, a drop from 3600 to 2700 is a steep drop. It can’t have been much fun to lose all those games.
    However, if you have been at over 3600 before you should be able to get the couple of hundred infamy you need to get out of the anti-tanking zone if you play enough matches. (Theoretically, with the skills to reach 3600, you should be the strongest player in your games until you reach about 3100 infamy at the very least, probably until the 3300 level).
    I would advise that you think about your loadout. Not many ships in the mid 3000 range run two mortars. Ballpark is not great but ok, but big Berta is generally too slow to hit the faster Mk5/Mk6 ships.

12. Killer Tugboat

I
    appreciate your reply. The drop in infamy happened over 3 or 4 weeks at least. I wish it was the case that I'd be strong with the infamy I fell to but I guess being in the tanking area matches me with higher infamy players anyhow.

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Hi, i can assure you it isn't the case that you’re matched with higher infamy players. Ranked matchmaking is done by current infamy, not any kind of previous high.

As was previously have been the case, there are matches when you will have the highest infamy in the battle, and other times when you will have the lowest, but you should encounter the same distribution of these matches as you did before you were penalised.

One tip I would give is to try to be more patient in battle. Sometimes when we feel we are the strongest, we can be overly aggressive, but this can backfire and result in all opposition targeting you. The key (when you’re the strongest in battle) is to try to ensure you’re alive when the battle enters its final stages as that’s when individual skill has its biggest impact.

14. Killer Tugboat

Thanks for the advice. There are times that we all rush in instead of being more cautious, patient, but I agree with you about how it can backfire. What I was saying about being matched higher lately is that it seems in always the lowest infamy on the team and by a minimum of 200 or 300 difference in infamy from the next player.. maybe it's just seemed that way lately but regardless I should be able to play at that level if I've been steady at 3500 at times.
    Maybe I'm just getting old, 48, and my thumbs dont work like they used too. Maybe. Lol.

15. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

We don't post rules in game anywhere - that's what the forums are for - and our lovely players who read them frequently - so it can be spread :D
    What I can do is add the information in a more central place in the forums tho :)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.