1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

I though u know who am I XD

2. ...darktail...

...darktail... New Member

The new update is ok...this is a great ideaa to change something from the fixer ship, fixer ship was really OP...and also there is a new weapon for this ship!
    Thaks battle bay!

3. Subject89P13

Subject89P13 Member

When the Date will be Announced for this Update ?

4. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

Lol, can't use my half ass shield anymore unless I put some serious upgrade into it.

5. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

This is jusy making more players want to play shooter omg whyyy 75% of players use stupid shoter its annoying af

The Otherguy and FataMorgana88 like this.
  6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

MK7 came sooner than i expected! Definitely will impact the progression and more disparity of P2W and the top players between the regular players. Will see how this plays out.

Would be interested to see what changes they made dealing with infamy manipulation.

7. MrAVE

MrAVE New Member

I just scrapped a rare duck tape to, dang it lol

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

No update to the current shop whatsoever or the parts or to what was actually needed to be changed!!
    I don't use a fixer but never did I feel it was overpowered compared to other ships. Well congrats rovio you just disappointed another group of players.

Not sure if all this nerfing solves any purpose as per progression to me.
    Increase in Gold & Sugar capacity- GOOD but where are we going to get the gold from in the first place???
    least you could do was to allow us to sell weapons for gold, damn Im disappointed yet again!

TheFixer27, JDAR, Rationalize and 3 others like this.
  9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Agreed, gold is such a grind and I thought it was bad in Clash Royale...probably going to wait for a long time again before another update sigh

10. D E P R E D A T H O R

D E P R E D A T H O R New Member

What they should nerf is the flare combo like with blast cannon is over flare damage 65 X 21s + blast 2000 dmg (in just 10 seconds) no sniper

Kenneth_wkl and U R Too Slow Old like this.
  11. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Speeder took some pain too from over boost nerf.
    Note Mk 7 is totally useless for most people also could you post the stats for each mk 7 ship.

12. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Not to forget bringing in another new weapon DECREASES THE PROBABILITY of finding an epic duplicate you always wanted! I don't see a point of introducing something new when the old stuff still needs fixing. A better nerf for fixers would be increasing the cool down or decreasing the hitpoints from repair pulses.

What also could be done with introducing MK7 was to decrease the level at which you unlock other MK's say now you can get MK5 at 28, MK6 at 36 and MK7 at 42.
    This update proposal is a major disappointment atleast for me.

Congrats you save 3900!! Guess what you get the new repair bolt something you will never use if you aren't a fixer.......
    Good job with decreasing the probability of getting something worthwhile, Ill just stick to F2P cuz spending money aint worth it with so much RNG in play.

JDAR and FataMorgana88 like this.
  13. KilleWh4le

KilleWh4le Member

I invested so much resources on my enforcer set up ....... imagine how i feel now :(

Renier Fourie likes this.
  14. Kronimo

Kronimo New Member

Me too. The items I've invested most resources in, now to be nerfed... thanks. a. lot.

Totoro likes this.
  15. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Why the overboost? Now if you want to have a nonstop overboost (without epic perks) you need to have an epic t4 and 4 rare perks to make the duration 10 seconds. You can't even do it with just rares, you need epics. Isn't that enough challenge?
    But still like the changes, sniper nerf (YESSS) hate those things.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2017
    FataMorgana88 likes this.
  16. NaveFantasma

NaveFantasma Member

NERFED SPEEDERS AND FIXER UPDATE...

17. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

Curious as to where the Dev's came up with their figures? 50% cut for fixers!? Seems a little steep, why not start lower and tweak as needed?
    Health bolt - now idiots will think they can go lone wolf and cry for help from a distance.
    Box fix - this I can deal with, mines time out so it makes sense for boxes too.
    Weapon nerfs - I don't use any of them, so I can't say.
    Overboost - thanks for crippling my Fixer!

Guess I'll have to see how it all plays out....

Oh yea, one last thing.
    MK7 ships - You're welcome, pay to win players.

18. Johnnieday

Johnnieday Member

After spending so much $$ into this game, I'm so disappointed...

Overboost didn't need a nerf.
    Sniper definitely didn't need one.
    Tesla shield, the same.
    Fixer ? Guess what ? The same !

All we wanted was for some more contents (guild wars, practice mode, more ships, more green items, etc...).

All we got is a nerfed game and to be perfectly honest, I won't be pouring anymore money.
    I think a lot of you will do the same.

Such a disappointment... thank you Rovio and your devs for ruining this perfectly enjoyable game.

Time to find a new game now.

19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

See Rovio? please stop the nerfing and just go with buffing to improve the balance... positive reinforcement is always better for everybody :) but ofcourse, we'll have to wait and see how this update will go... hope we don't lose more players after this update (but from what i've read so far, frustration is already brewing... again). These nerfs could have been better received if you allowed players the flexibility to switch to other boats efficiently (e.g. instant retraining of crew skills without needing to spend pearls and having to wait for regular training intervals to do so)....

Xing my fingers on the next update... hope i'm wrong and that you guys did the right move... i wanna see battlebay get bigger

Cheers!

20. mprovie

mprovie New Member

Overboost def needed a nerf, I'm not sure they went far enough. When an item is literally the first item every single ship who can equips, its probably OP. Nitro vs overboost was never a real question, I am not sure it is even now. My guess is players will still use overboost as much as they are now, but just not be as happy about it.
    Not sure sniper needed a nerf.
    Tesla shield def didn't need a nerf. I am shocked that tesla bolt has remained the same. They also should have buffed the frost launcher, no one uses that.
    Ballpark probably needed the buff, it might need more.
    Fixer nerfs might be overblown if the new healing item is any good.
    The rest of the items in the notes can't really be evaluated until we see mk 7 ships to see their new slots. What if enforcer gets a green slot? What if fixer gets another red slot? Lots of things can change on that front.