1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game Direction Communication

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Oggog, 31 Aug 2018.

1. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

Can we get some communication on the direction of the game in terms of events?

Are we done with being able to buy pieces?

Are the prices now permanently 80 instead of 35?

Can we get heads up on this type of change BEFORE the change is made so people saving coins aren't blindsided by this if it is permanent?

Please let us know what is happening with the game we love. Frustrated people everywhere I turn.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
    Joey who, Rhummy, VantaBlack and 15 others like this.
  2. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

couldn't agree more

3. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Not worth playing that many hours.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

This events is no sense.

You can put only 1 perk whit the same name on your weapon, so why someone spend 900 coins?

5. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Exactly.
    Event delayed by 5 hours.
    Prices of goods went up 230%

Even in the event a next world war is coming up,countries around the world still gets a heads-up.

It's like Rovio is playing as God.

Here, have a free earthquake.
    There, have a tornado.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  6. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Uuuhhhh??? Wut?

7. Oggog

Oggog Active Member

80 / 35 = 2.285 * 100 = 228.5% increase.

8. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

i m holding 6k coins. haha. dev is doing a good job pis people off

Dilligaf likes this.
  9. Exploxion

Exploxion Member

80 coins exchange is stealing, plus the rate of getting epic perk is extremely low (5%), so i wont buy anything from this event

Dilligaf likes this.
  10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

To the OP in a nutshell:

- it’s not permanent
    - we are trying different things and will change according to what we see works or doesn’t work

11. Jayden Kim

Jayden Kim New Member

Can't agree more with you.. I could have even stood the worst fire event, had it communicated properly in advance.

12. Rhummy

Rhummy Member

Yes, i sense a lack of communication on the part of developers in general in this game. Perhaps their strategy is to make the game more of a mystery...I mean, how exciting is that! Nobody knows what direction this game is really going. It could become a true great....it could justbfade away after a short while...

I assume this lack of communication by development administration is probably a result of the lack of interest shown by the overall gamers community in general for battle bay.
    this game i thought had potential to be one of the best mobile games out there....but since people in general seem just mad at rovio on this forum it indicates to me that the fan base is slowly dying...where is the ecitement zbout new events...new weapons......new....developments. so why less communication, probabky the lack of people rovio can dedicate to a game they don't see as having any long term future....sound reasonable?

13. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Hope you guys see that 35 boxes worked and the new 80 boxes don't :D

14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Battle bay has been around for only 2 1/2 years so it is still new relatively speaking. Not to mention it's the first game Rovio has made of this magnitude outside of their angry birds franchise. I understand the need for trial and error and don't get upset over the occasional misstep because of these facts. They have also made progress with communication by creating MVPs as a sounding board for the community. Today's society expects everything to be done fast and perfectly but in reality these two things just dont happen together.

15. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

How is asking players to buy the same perk over and over works for them? They can only put one perk of the same name on the item.

Of the few games I played, Rovio got the worst support of them all. They support team contradicting each other only to avoid compensation. My thread about Rovio support team got deleted right away. Rovio is practicing Communism?

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know that if you don't like the perks, you can simply not buy them, right? You can just wait for the next time the event occurs, and Rovio will probably have understood that the 80 boxes simply don't work, because people will obviously spend less on them. So you can simply hoard up on your coins and when the next event comes, spend them!
    There's no cap, and I don't really see a problem?

17. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

lmao so true

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

It was a simple logic that should be easily thought of. I am just stating that Grim said this is a trying a different thing. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Do you want to get to the second part of my comment?

19. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Lol I don't mean to pile on, but ....

The price of "goods" didn't go up .. They stopped selling "goods."

For me, 12/12 perks (to get to 960) would be instant scrap. Then, it's an 87.5% chance that the leggy perk would be scrapped too. Sooo, yeaaa .. no good(s) :confused:

20. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Nothing was communicated beforehand. With forums being active, couldn't a poll be setup for our input?

Whether 80 coins per box is going to be permanent, nothing has been communicated beforehand. This would have screwed over many players who were saving to spend it.