1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Voice Event Discussion and Feedback - Fiery!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 31 Aug 2018.

1. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

Like this one

Attached Files:

2. Bladejanex

Bladejanex New Member

Whats the point of just fire weapons? Will there be other events for us that dont use fire? Strange move from your side!

3. JerseyFi

JerseyFi New Member

At first glance, I didn't think I'd enjoy this event. It seemed too focused on a ship setup that I don't normally use, so I thought I would ignore. But for kicks I put a firebomb and a big torp with wildfire perk on a defender and took it for a spin. I actually had a lot of fun setting ships ablaze on a setup I haven't used in a long time, and it re-kindled ;) my appreciation for the defender.

Please do: keep introducing new events that showcase the capabilities of specific ships or items. The thing that makes this game fun is the variety that allows you to choose something different after the game gets too familiar and then learn new tactics. Shooter may be my daily driver, but I have a shiny 2017 turbocharged speeder mk3 w/ OB sitting in my garage that is waiting for a weekend event so I can blow the dust off of it and run circles around mk5 shooters.

4. Jarex

Jarex New Member

Totally useless new perks. 80 coins for 1 box??? Really??? 12 boxes for 1 epic useless perk and random leg. perk, no comments...
    Why doesn't exist new fire dmg perks for cannons?
    Gameplay in not really fun, only fire weapons...you don't see nothing in battle, only fire.

5. Grand_Paladin

Grand_Paladin Active Member

B
    Think of it as a bbq party ,,, lol ,, and thats exactly why its fun....lol

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The good:
    • I like the concept of boosted weapon group events, and fire is a good choice. Keep being creative.
    The bad
    • Boxes are too expensive. In normal rated matches it only takes me 2 games to get enough gold to purchase a *specific* uncommon perk from the shop. In this Event, if we average 5 coins per match, it will take 16 matches to acquire 80 coins for an box that has a 65% chance of getting a random uncommon perk, and who uses uncommon? 35 coins is still way too much to ask for a semi-random uncommon perk.
    • Perk choice has been poor for me for many Events now, and this is one of the worst because I have not a single leveled up item for any of the perks. It's ok to have Events like that, but I can only remember a couple events to date that I could use even half the perks. I don't want perks for Fixer, Mortar, Torpedo, Carronade, Frost, but Events are filled with stuff I don't use. Let's say you like 1 of 8 Legendary perks you'll need to spend over 3600+ coins to get just a 50/50 shot at it. Although 4k coins in a single event is possible in the right circumstances (no sleep, no life, and being OP), you don't design Events with that much coin take so we're almost always guaranteed to get something we don't want. My only two Legendary perks to date are identical mortar perks, neither of which I wanted. I do want Red and Blue perks (as a Shooter). Not sure where the Missile perk went. Canon perks have been rare lately. I do want Shield/Turbo perks.
    • Pulling parts and pieces from the Event options is unfortunate. The game progression is already at a snail's pace and you guys have done a good job improving that with Guild Raffles and Events... but regressing in this way is just unfortunate. I've got 12k matches over 16 months and I still haven't got a single T5E weapon to use... that's the unfortunate side-effect of RNG for some people.
    • I don't understand the perk boxes offered in this event. Why would someone want to spend 360 coins to get 4 copies of an perk that you can only equip once? Why such high odds of an uncommon perk for such an expensive box?
    • Coin take for losses is rough. I had a couple close 9-10 losses where I had 3 kills and didn't die once, and got 2 coins.
    Suggestions
    • I'd like to see events differ from regular matches a bit more, and keeping them at 4v4 or less is one good way to do it.
    • Keep trying to improve the ability to get more specific perks. Maybe offer color-specific perk group choices as standard.
    • Make RNG a little less random, at least in the respect of trying not to give duplicates of a perk that you can only equip 1 of. If you like 1 of 8 perks and you carry in enough coins to draw 4 times, how about giving 4 unique Legendaries? That would be a lot nicer than getting 4 of the same, 3 of which are normally unusable.
    • Bring back pieces and parts. I can't stress enough how important progression is, and how this game lacks it. Item duplicates are the means to progression... not perks.
    • If you are worried about too-fast newbie progression, scale guild raffles and Event boxes.
    • Kill / Death ratio should be displayed on results page. That and damage are the only two relevant stats, and one could argue the K/D ratio is the most important stat.. but it is completely ignored in the end-game ratingsl
    • Coin take should be heavily influenced by Kill / Death ratio, weighted equal to damage. If a player dies 4 times and gets 3 kills, they were more of a burden to the team than the 0 death 0 kill player (as long as that player dealt damage). The main Event goal should be primary in rewards.

7. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

And you call they "smarter"? Ok! :confused:

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

To everyone complaining about the item piece box missing, I have an idea as to why.
    With the new weapon rolling out in the next update the developers probably don't want people grinding the event to stockpile item pieces.

XQT likes this.
  9. d_p air

d_p air Member

Previous reward system with perks, item pieces, resources was much better than this one. It is not interesting for players, that don't use that particular type of perks (fire this time) to grind coins, as they cannot spend them for something useful. And nobody knows when and in what form something useful will come.

At least allow players along with type specific perks like in this event still spend coins for item pieces and resourres for 35 coins.

10. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

As one of the mk5's that probably get put on your team, I don't want to be there either. Dying from 2 shots is not fun. Alas, I've even been in games with mk7's.

Grand_Paladin likes this.
  11. envylife

If no one was excited enough about a new weapon to grind for pieces, then BB may as well close its doors. So I don't think that's it.... the Devs want players to grind for pieces. Also important to mention, one more weapon means one less chance to get another weapon, so pieces need to become a little more plentiful just to keep progression the same.

12. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I never said players don't want to grind or aren't excited, I just said the devs probably don't want people to combine tons of pieces as soon as the weapon is released. I don't know how rigorous the testing and balancing process is and it's likely the new weapon will either need a buff or nerf to balance it once it is actually in the bay. If players put in all this effort to get the weapon it doesn't live up to expectations or gets nerfed there would be tons of complaints.

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Maybe you could add a specific item piece, for example:

A box that drops item pieces that have either a very high or 100% chance to give you a fire item. Maybe make the pieces specific to the fire item ( like the perks)?

14. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I like the idea but having item specific pieces would make the already limited inventory space even smaller. In order to incorporate this into the game they would have to change the inventory layout which would piss off the people who have spent pearls to expand theirs.

15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Easy: return the pearls

16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I doubt they would want do that seeing that pearl purchases are the main purchase in the game. If everyone was refunded hundreds of pearls their income would take a huge hit.

17. envylife

Hundreds of pearls are worth a single premium chest... a few hours of training. Almost nothing.

18. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Yea he probably should’ve said thousands :p I’ve spent well over 10kpearls on inventory.

19. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Almost nothing unless you consider the are millions of players

20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Yes I should've said thousands lol, personally I haven't spent that much on inventory so I didn' want to say an outrageous number and be way off base.