1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Voice Event Discussion and Feedback - Fiery!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 31 Aug 2018.

1. Cezo

Cezo New Member

They explain -13 thing. its reduce air time on mortar typed fire weopon ;)

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to play a battle yet, but somebody in my guild said the same thing just now. 5 matches. ALL FIGHTHOUSE.

●H€ll-Blad€● likes this.
  3. Samwise

Samwise Active Member

This was resolved an hour ago or so (at least for me, I'm playing in North America)

4. Hamfingers

Hamfingers New Member

Okay, explain that... will this change trajectory? If not, it has to be velocity therefore a negative percent to projectile speed should lower velocity.

5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Got it. Thanks.
    Do you know if buying all flare gun boxes will give me flare guns perks of different rarities, or just a "higher chance" of getting flare gun perks.
    If I am guaranteed an epic flare gun perk on the 10th box, then maybe I will grind this event. But if they are just giving me a "higher chance" at an epic flare gun perk on the 10th box, then I will probably save coins and hope they go back to parts/pieces next week.

6. EnormousClone34

EnormousClone34 New Member

I was saving my coins for this event, but with boxes being 80 instead of 35 I will just wait until next time. Hopefully the price goes back to 35 next event.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

I haven't pushed battle since this travesty. I don't know if I can anymore... :(

Fyi. I'm a fire user that you guys think ur catering to

Last edited: 31 Aug 2018
  8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.
  9. SgtSwamp

SgtSwamp Member

I think there are a number of things going on here, but I'm glad to see you reach out to the community so promptly.

Here are my criticisms:

1) Drastic unexpected change - maybe some further (correct) information in the future would help. The description was wrong as it said we could spend coins on pieces and parts. So the hype was there leading up to the event as it was an event we've never seen before...only to not be able to spend the coins on what we had expected, thus ruining the hype for some. I didn't receive the event notice until 3 hours prior too. A little more of a heads up in the forum or in game would have prepared the community a little better with what to expect.

2) The perks themselves aren't that great - I think this is more of a balancing issue than anything as let's be honest, cool down perks aren't commonly used. If a cool down perk was more around the 12% range then I may start to entertain them, but for now it's damage/duration perks for me. I could have been handed the flare legendary perk for free and I wouldn't use it in place of one of my damage or duration epic perks.

Recommended fix:

1) I like the fact that you attempted to do something different. If I was to recommend a fix, I'd have to recommend rotating the "special" events with the normal events every other week. If a player doesn't like the special event perks then they can hold on to their coins until next week when the normal rewards would appear. As far as the special event reward system, everyone is really targeting the legendary perks, so I'd even shrink the legendary pool down to just the special event perks. If you're going to spend your coins at 80 per box, you're GOING after one of the three perks. To get the legendary chest where you now have 8 perks to compete with really hurts your chances, so why play and take the risk? You can wait until a normal event where you can get more for you coins and still have the same odds at the legendary perk (if still in the pool).

2) My other idea, if we are looking for a "standard" system, would be to get rid of the parts box and add a special event box in it's place. You can get parts rather easily in the shop so I find it hard to believe many players spend coins on parts, unless legendary parts were guaranteed every 10th box. You can keep the same system for the pieces and normal perk box, but the event box would just have the special event perks. If this change was to be made, I don't see a 5% epic chance worth the risk when now competing with other perks. The percent chance would have to be increased to make it worthwhile.

Overall, I don't think this event was a bad idea. I think it was more so an unexpected change for some unattractive perks. Also, with the new weapon announcement, i know a lot of players were going after pieces to save them for the release. Or hurry to try and get their 10th legendary piece before a new weapon was put into the pool decreasing chances ever so slightly for a desired weapon, like myself.

You aren't going to hit a home run every time, but I appreciate the effort. Thanks for the hard work and a great game.

- SgtSwamp

PastelPiku, Ash KOT, Earel and 9 others like this.
  10. KenZer

KenZer Member

In my opinion, the event should have the option to buy either perks or parts or pieces since it gets the option for every player to buy whatever they want to. Having only perk to buy limits the chances for people according to their needs. There are many p2p players and f2p players, the only way p2p can get hands on those legendaries are from achievements and pieces. Piece progress is very slow from raffling anf the only way to have a decent supply of them is via events. I think every player should have his choice to open perk boxes or piece boxes.
    I also think that the price of the crates should be 35 coins since we can earn a max of 10 in each battle and getting enough for crates is possible. 80 coins for a crate is just too much and if this will be the standard price of the crates, we should earn more than 10 coins in each battle. I play every event and I'm satisfied with each but this, this is something that isn't right. I know you guys are testing and working with different things and I'm sure what you'll have to do based on the feedback you're getting. The event system is fine, its the rewarding system that has to be changed and worked on.
    So:
    • Please don't do: Don't make the events limited. Players need to be rewarded properly based on their needs by opening which ever boxes they want to.
    • Why: This game has a mix of both p2p and f2p, f2p users must have some access to obtaining legendaries or epics by opening piece crates.
    • Please do more of: Make it fair for everyone by opening the options of rewards. A lot of people grind the event, just playing it and not getting anything in return is kinda hopeless, just bring back the old system and everyone or most of us will be happy.

For sure your team is allowed to test and work on new things, maybe you can make a poll or something before testing it if we will enjoy it or no, or at least make it less frustrating for the players when you test something new even tho you don't intend to.
      I think I've covered almost everything, hope you guys understand and make it right for us. You guys are doing a good job anyway, keep up the good work! :)

11. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Maybe - not sure yet. But will communicate before a next event goes live. So warning in advance :)

PastelPiku, xBonk and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  12. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Thank you for all your great comments so far!

13. chat police

chat police Member

I’ll keep it simple . I like the event . It’s fun . Reminds me of one of those warnet streams where everyone in customs uses all fire . But taking away pieces has come very close to giving me a heart attack .

PastelPiku likes this.
  14. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

It's good to have an active dev on forum. CHEERS.

PastelPiku and Kurd1stan. like this.
  15. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Please do:
    Allow us to choose the leg perk we want for additional cost of coins (only for 2 special perks each event), but keep the option to open a 900coins leg perk chest for a random one in a pool of 6-8.
    Keep the option to get epic and legendary pieces in the road to the cumulative 900 coins for the legendary perk.
    Classify Grenade as an incendiary weapon. The over 50% fire chance worths it. Not only for the event but also for guild quests...

Kinda offtopic but please do:

(new) special perks for: Carronade (+5% crit chance), Overboost (OB effect +Increasing agility or turret agility), and for Nitro (reduce active FG and FB Fire duration for 1 or 2 seconds when used), Cannon and Standard Mortar (need a buff that could be given trough a leg perk, just as Triple Torpedo).

Absolutely offtopic but please do:
    Give us more sneak peeks or release the patch notes for the update soon.
    Please include in the next update - or work in it for future updates- : New Boat and new crew member :rolleyes::rolleyes:

16. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

1) My question for this event especially and all events, in general, is how much consideration do the Dev's give to the mechanics of each ship and their utilities in relation to the event they create? I've not yet participated in this event and as a fixer, it seems borderline pointless. I can't help but get the impression that they were clearly overlooked in the interest of pushing something out of the door.

Why: This event is a significant nerf to fixer in these ways:
    • 30% more fire damage to heal through.
    • 30% to the duration of the healing debuff.
    • 30% to the duration of the cannon damage buff.
    Points 2 & 3 you may as well consider near permanent applications for this event.
    Solution: Just more careful consideration when devising the next events or even poll suggestions for the player base to perhaps decide. The events can very much alienate a class entirely and there has yet to be an event that actually buffs the healing output specifically.

2) My second comment is to round the cost per crate to be divisible by the legendary crate cost. This isn't a new idea but still worthwhile repeating.
    Why: To get a legendary in this event, you have to spend 960 coins. That's a wastage of 60 coins and has been the consistent trend. The difference of coins lost equates to several good wins.
    Solution: Price them so it appropriately meets the legendary crate requirement without wasted coins.

17. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

We will likely see a new crew member with the intro of the new weapon. Skill trees are packed as it is and it would be significantly easier for them to add a new crew member rather than try to find a "balanced" spot to add into the existing trees.

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Please don't:
    • Continue to match my mk5 vs mk6. It's not fair. Base gs on dps for weapons, hp and steel etc. The same level shield with same perks on a mk6 gives more hp than on a mk5. Stop assigning gs to items, but attributes and stats.
    • Do the rewards like this event. The events are what had kept me and many people playing, y2k of this change is permanent, then me and a lot of others will quit.
    • Quirky events like the agility one. That one made me feel sick.
    Please do
    • Rewards like the previous event.

20. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you and i had to change my mindset in order to keep playing. Dont worry so much about win/loss and infamy, just worry about improving your skills and your gear. Think of it this way they have more hp which means you have a higher potential for damage. This means that as you improve your skill your weapons will improve exponentially faster because of the damage achievements. Then in time your weapons will match these bigger boats and you will be able to win much more frequently. Once I started playing this way my "base" infamy jumped 300 points in two weeks. I am still way underpowered compared to the people I'm matched with but I'm improving my gear at a much faster rate than I was previously.