1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Notes] v. 2.4 "We're gonna need a bigger boat"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 22 Jun 2017.

1. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

Guys...don't look at changes as "NERF'S"...
    Look at them as META CHANGES...
    Change sucks at first BUT it teaches us players to stop being content with something and learn to change things up...
    Every game goes through these changes and we'll be better off for it...
    Just give it a minute...

TheAntiSnipe, Gallo_Rex and Satanas like this.
  2. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Lol. They are nerfs. No need to spin it. You are right that you need to wait to see if they are good or not for the game. The question is whether the ranged healing compensates.

I am still surprised they didn't do even more to deal with speeders and instead focused so aggressively on the less pervasive fixer. Most complaints in forum focus on too many speeders and OP speeders.

3. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

Please explain why the need for nerfing fixers was necessary ?

I honestly cant see how this is a good thing or needed. Half heals versing t4 legendary items how can we compete.

4. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Why restart the game?server update?

5. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

With extra bandages too.
    Boxes vanishing after 60 secs so no building of a little stash and a long range healing weapon that I am assuming you can't target yourself with means it's probably going to be the new duct tape. The lone rangers can die.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  6. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Dammit... Should've listened, lol.

7. "har"Smash until the end

I currently support your opinion.especially when we are frosted what shall we do?+5 per second?

Bergster and FataMorgana88 like this.
  8. Amur

Amur New Member

Oh no!

9. "har"Smash until the end

Later nobody uses fixer and the devs will understand our disappointment.

10. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon New Member

And yet gay combo frost + tor still untouched. How about carronade with so much nerfted and abandoned ?

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

No speeder hp cap? Just a weaker sniper to try and chip away at their 8000hp while they do me away in two blast cannon hits..
    Frost launcher is still pretty useless, but it might be a better idea than using my own one hit tesla shield to stun myself.

12. rlxgenerate

rlxgenerate Active Member

What else is there to nerf or balance? Honestly...
    Weapons? Big Torp...RG...I mean...Shield...Turbo...Nitro...Mortars...

Think about it...if anything was balanced, we'd be complaining about that too...
    Fixers get crapped on because they are support and turn the tide. Speeders are pesky...but fixers are frustrating...

I don't know...I'm trying to see both sides of the picture

13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Suppose the game being updated is a positive -- Some surprising nerfs (atleast for me) included.
    The battle stat changes should amazing, so thank you for that!
    ---
    MK7 Boats already scares me -- Given that you start facing off against top 10 players already at mk4 & the huge gap in power between mk4 & 6... Gonna be fun looking at Blacktail with 10k+ hp.
    Nothing to adress item acquisiton rates is not really suprising, but I am concerned that you guys are content with a gearing pace of around 4years from start till lvl 50 epic. Usually freemiums lets the chaff sorta catch up to the whales before moving the goalposts again.
    ---
    Being a Fixer reading through these notes was quite an emotional rollercoaster --- Repair Bolt!, exciting!
    But then you read on & see the Repair Pulse change, auch.
    ---
    Balancing
    Sniper Cannon nerf = Surprised to see this hit before Blast Cannon (which is the main zerg people from full to zero weapon these days). Being a Fixer I'm obviously a fan of nerfs to burst potential though! Also surprised to see Big Torpedo left unchanged.
    Ballpark = Good change, that changes nothing :)

Overboost = Combined nerf to Fixers, Speeders and Enforcers -- The nerf cuts effective uptime by quite abit, but it does make sense to turn it into a tool you need to think about rather than something you just press and always have on.
    Tesla Shield = In your face Enforcers, good riddance. If it was 4sec stun when broken by Tesla Stun then sure.. This seems like a crazy & unneeded nerf to the poor Enforcers out there.

Repair Pulse = Auch.
    Repair Box = No big deal.
    ---
    Suprised to learn that you felt Fixers & Enforcers was the two classes that deserved a slap with the nerf bat -- Speeder changes would have been less surprising, now we'll just see more Speeders instead as their main counter was nerfed much harder.

Oh well, your stats must have shown that Fixers & Enforcers needed the most nerfing.

14. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

i dont mind the balancing. I'll still play with my favorite ship. hopefully you didnt break it much.

what i dislike is the limited inventory for f2p. its a punch in the face, when you have to keep what you need and scrap rest, and then new update tells you it was a mistake to scrap that item, because it got either exponentially buffed, or the one you're using got nerfed.

also i hope you will address the unstoppable pile of common/uncommon power cells. either converting them or selling for gold. the game is such a crawl, that by the time i get my rare or epic for evolve, I'll have enough power cells of high quality to do so. evolving uncommon to lvl 21, i neither have the necessary spare parts, nor gold, nor sugar. anyway, certainly not gonna use over 1000 common/uncommon power cells.

question about the targeting system: will it switch target left/right depending who is currently in your line of vision, or previous/next according to the top enemy line up?

could you please elaborate on the seal clubbing changes?

TheAntiSnipe and Mr squiqqle like this.
  15. "har"Smash until the end

Actually when do the update will be out.after cool down I could found a way to save my fixer,but how many slot Points do a healing bolt takes?

16. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Not sure how I feel about the fixer nerfs, though I guess at my infamy people rarely check back at boxes I placed around near the start. Depending on the healing capabilities of the new repair bolt, might consider switching that in for the repair box.

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

If you go for an epic one you'll have it at max level around summer 2021 ;)

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  18. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I have a thought. Maybe you can give a healing button for fixers?
    Since, there is a new heal item (repair bolt) and sometime it's tricky to launch a repair box to an ally (right to the boat or right in front of the boat).

Maybe, i was too late:( And either in the wrong threado_O:confused:

19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

initial thoughts... why nerf something when it will just piss the players who have invested so much in them? why not just buff everything else to counter the advantages of the nerfed items? Career fixers and enforcers are crying right now (nerfed overboost, mega nerf on shield)... but i'm a very happy shooter right now :)

20. "har"Smash until the end

Should be speeder enforcer and fixer are crying about the update and I use these 3 ships...

TheRedSpeeder likes this.