1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just my "luck" or... ?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by AAZ7, 29 Aug 2018.

1. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

For a few days in a row I'm loosing almost 90% of all battles. It seems like rovio just laughing at me, giving me moronic teams time after time... Ridiculous...

Screenshot_2018-08-29-10-10-36-591_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-29-07-39-56-914_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-29-16-16-54-567_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-29-16-23-21-033_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-29-16-17-09-308_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-28-17-01-48-962_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-28-16-55-25-186_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-28-17-43-45-569_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2018-08-28-17-36-54-423_com.rovio.battlebay.png

Aether_Zero likes this.
  2. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think it may be linked to the NM season reset... First few days after it, I think a fair few people have long loss streaks - I know a few weeks ago after reset, I dropped from 2400 to about 1900 in a few hours, nothing I could do except take some time out, and try again later.
    Gained it back within a day or 2 though, so it's not impossible

3. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

I don't worry about gaining it back =)
    The main problem is that it doesn't look random at all. It's like winning streak / losing streak... And never something like 50/50 in 10 or 20 battles =)
    And maybe they just want me to "celebrate" my first mk7 ship that way, lol =)))

Aether_Zero likes this.
  4. Aether_Zero

Ahhh, when did you hit mk7? If it was before the loss streak, then it may make sense lol. It's strange either way lol

5. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Exactly. That all started right after upgrading my shooter =)

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Same thing happened to me last week, was doing 20k plus damage every game but losing over and over, went from 2300 down to 1800.
    This week, I have the same ship, and same gear, and climbed all the way back to 2300, I cant stop winning.
    Was it my gear improved? My skill? Nope it was all down to luck and better team mates.
    Thats the funny part about players that mock me saying they would climb straight to NML with my gear, when luck is against you, its impossible to beat 5 boats single handedly repeatedly.

Nam_Nam and Aether_Zero like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Matchmaking is very streaky. Yesterday I won 2 out of 13 matches, most of my teams were not staying together, dying in the first 30 seconds, it was mind boggling. Then after 8 straight losses, Matchmaker(tm) decided to put me on the good team and I couldn't even make it to the skirmish before my teammates decimated everyone.. which was unfortunate because I was trying to complete a kill quest. Then it was right back to teammates being out of position, rushing too fast, and dying out the gate match after match.

When you were an MK6 it would balance MK7's between both sides. Now that you are an MK7 it will counterbalance you with an MK7 on the other side... so the composition of your matches has changed. Fortunately you are a fairly strong MK7... if I were to upgrade to MK7 (which I'm eligible for), I'd be fairly weak and would have a more prolonged loss streak as I don't have a single T5E weapon. Looks like you are in good shape.

Nam_Nam likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sorry for the off topic post but you dont have a T5 epic?
    Unfortunate with dupes or what is the reason for that?

9. Aether_Zero

Sorry to butt in lmao, but I'm in a similar situation with dupes.
    Highest I've got is a T4 epic blast... Everything else is t3/4 mix of epics and rares. Only T5 I have is a swift torp lol, and it's a rare

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Maybe I am spoiled haha.
    Level 50 epic blast cannon
    Level 50 epic sniper cannon
    Level 40 epic firebomb plus 2 epic dupes (waiting on training to unlock T5)
    6 x epic flare guns waiting to level up
    5 x epic swift torps plus one to gain from challenges

Nam_Nam likes this.
  11. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

"Dude, I'd climb straight to Nightmare with that gear, git gud scrub"

;)

Wins and losses tend to come in streaks for a reason similar to inertia - sometimes you get in your groove, you're on top of your game, and are seemingly unstoppable. But if you lose, you might get salty and vow to "play harder next game" to "make up for it" - but this means you might be too aggressive, you lose your strategic edge, and die again. Which makes you angrier. Congratulations, you're now on tilt and more likely to continue losing.

12. Aether_Zero

You lucky son of a gun! I'd love any or all of those haha

Ash KOT likes this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Just to add I am completely F2P also, never purchased any items in game!

14. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

The only t4 epics I got were nitro, bandage, and turbo

Doesn’t save me from railguns that do 2790+

(Chris, I’m looking at you)

15. envylife

Correct... 16 months into this game, no T5E weapon yet. Two weeks ago I received a 6th copy of a Standard Canon, the first T5E possibility to date, but I'm not sure it's worth evolving (all 6 copies in my inventory). I just got a 4th BC copy and a 4th Missile copy last week....each the first of 2018 a miracle week, even though I earned Legendaries of both many months ago! But then again I need *two* more of each... how long is that going to take, sometime in 2019? That's how this game has gone for me even though I haven't missed a box, crate, calendar event, rivalry, event, etc to date.

BattleRascal and Darth Reaper like this.
  16. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I deleted a post about this after seeing people hit 5k infamy ...

But, after the reset, I lost 35/45 games and went from ~4450 infamy to ~3850 infamy .. my first time under 4k in forever. I've never had a streak that bad where I'm constantly dealing more damage than my entire team.

I thought it was just me .. But my global ranking was still in the mid-50s until today, so I thought it might be more widespread.

Anywho, whatever it was - bad luck or some MM tweak - it seems to be fixed ...

17. envylife

I played 40 matches last night and had the same experience, just 1k lower. I had a guild mate fleet with me this morning and he got to experience that first hand, and bailed after a few games. I don't know when it will end yet, was hoping an Event would allow me to do something different.

18. Joesy Whales

Joesy Whales New Member

Upgraded to MK7 Shooter. Been getting Ace handed to me 90% of the time. My teams are weak and I swear my boat is slower with epic turbo and maxed perks! Thanks Rovio just made the game not fun. Im a vip and have spent more $ than I care to admit. Super disappointing after earning Capt. 48 and getting this in return.

19. Aether_Zero

I'm sorry bud, but if you're running a mk7 at captain level 48, you should be in Ace 1 or NM at least I reckon... Make a new topic and post some replays and I'm sure a few folks will have some constructive feedback for you.
    Then again, I'm captain level 42 and running a Mk6 in Ace3, and been stuck here for a while now... Can't quite seem to break 2500 consistently lol

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm still spinning my wheels around 4.2k when I'm normally above 46-4700 after this many matches .. I've tried fleeting with several different people with the same result.

It wasn't because of an event, because I was winning at my normal rate after the last one. And, people are hitting 5k still, so it's not affecting every one ... although I've noticed more top players fleeting at max range (8-900 infamy difference b/w fleetmates), so maybe that's partially how ....?

Anyways, either I'm losing my touch or something was changed ..

I'm probably playing more frustrated - trying to sink as many unfriends as fast as possible before I'm left facing another 1v5 - so I'm not discounting that it could be me .. it's just odd that my win rate would drop that suddenly.