1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Newcomer Setups, Tips, and Tricks

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by HuskyZero, 5 May 2017.

1. HuskyZero

HuskyZero New Member

Come on! Help the new aspiring Cap'n(s) with their setups and boats! Post your Mk1 setups, tips and tricks. Personally, I don't have enough time with the game as I'm still learning all the weapons and strategies. I would love for some of the veterans to post their learnings from the beginning!

2. LoomT

LoomT New Member

I'm lvl 6 and I'm using shooter with 2 uncommon cannons and rare standard shield. I also use enforcer with the same cannon, uncommon overboost and the same shield. Hope this will help :)

Radar23 and 13moltres like this.
  3. HuskyZero

HuskyZero New Member

Nice! I'm level 9 at the moment. Aspiring Fixer. Mk1 presently. Uncommon level 8 Cannon, Uncommon Level 7 Repair Pulse, and Uncommon Level 6 Turbo. Thinking of possibly making the switch to a Carronade?

4. Emilia

Emilia Member

From the veterans point of view. The game is so much different from when we started that most of our mk1 or even mk3 setups would be totally different now. Alot of weapons you couldnt unlock until you were certain captain levels. For instance the Railgun you couldnt access until you were at least around captain level 25 to 28

ilessbear and Radar23 like this.
  5. LoomT

LoomT New Member

I'm level 10 and i had 2 railguns.

6. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I don't know the carronade is a good choice. It's great once it's levelled and you have the crew perks for it, but it's extreme short range makes it fairly useless to a young fixer that needs to hang back. Stick with the Cannon. It has a nice quick reload time and decent range for the lower levels. :) Happy to help new fixers work their way up

7. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Im running defender. Rare cannon, blast cannon. Rare big shield and small shield. 2k health, 1100 infamy.
    Bought 1500 pearls.

Loving it!

8. LoomT

LoomT New Member

Maybe this will help. I also use railgun instead of big berta. I'd love some suggestions to what I should do. Thanks! Screenshot_20170509-140725.png BTW I'm thinking of level-uping rare cannon and when dmg matches the 15 lvl cannon I'd swap it.

9. Radar23

Radar23 New Member

I now have a shooter with lv 8 sniper, lv 9 mortar, and lv 6 shield. Should I change to a new bot or stay the same

10. Łāčhłāń_Płāÿš

Łāčhłāń_Płāÿš New Member

I think you are good, but make sure to evolve that sniper like I did at level 10!

11. Silent

Silent New Member

12. Łāčhłāń_Płāÿš

Łāčhłāń_Płāÿš New Member

I agree also if you are a fixer and like hanging back you might consider using the sniper if you are mk1 and railgun if u are mk2 :)

13. Silent

Silent New Member

IMG_5392.PNG
    This is my setup and I'm pretty effective. Each weapon is recharge and I can send a barrage constantly at enemies.

14. Radar23

Radar23 New Member

So is it best if I should something else other than shooter like fixer or speeder because I'm having second thoughts

cgr3asy likes this.
  15. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Try them all..

I started with defender, then shooter, then back to defender, now speeder.. all are fun and all have different styles

Dont limit yourself to one ship or pLaystyle, gotta play em all!

16. Radar23

Radar23 New Member

Thanks I really appreciate it