1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion to lessen draw battles

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Elothean, 26 Aug 2018.

Tags:
  1. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

The suggestion is simple. The ship with the better % of his life left wins.

For example, ship A has a max full health of 8k and ship B’s full health is 4k. Towards the end of the battle, ship A has 4K left while ship B has 3K left. Then ship B wins because he still has 75% of his life compared to ship A’s 50% even though ship A has more hit points left.

Last edited: 26 Aug 2018
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This will be biased to defenders and campers. It will encourage saving HP more than what the situation is now, imho. I don't think that this is a style of play that needs to be encouraged.

3. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Slightly unrelated but I would like to see changes to capturing when the timer ends. Currently if a ship has lets say 50% capture and the timer ends its a draw. There should be overtime.

Elothean and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  4. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

Good points.

However I don’t think the game play will change, it will just set a winner for more matches. Consider the defender vs speeder. If the defender has a better health, it is not that difficult catch a defender that is hiding or running away, at the same time speeders have better chance of dodging. If the speeder has a better health, he can’t just run away and wait for the defender to heal back hit points (as most have bandages). My prediction is that it will encourage more clashes at the end game if it is 1 v 1.

Healers will have a fighting chance of winning a match in 1 v 1

We could always try it out with the events to see how player behaves.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I feel myself coming back again and again to the idea that we need a test server for these sorts of changes. Sure the devs play their game a lot, but nothing beats good player testing.

PastelPiku and Elothean like this.
  6. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    then everyone will take bandage,and big torpedo will one shot low hp ships;)

7. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I still don't think everyone will alter their setup just for a possible endgame scenario