1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

fixers getting unfair stars.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by andrew tanswell, 28 Aug 2018.

1. andrew tanswell

andrew tanswell New Member

i believe both those efforts deserve more than 1 star thoughts ? Screenshot_20180827-165404_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180828-020259_Battle Bay.jpg

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’d agree.
    The system seem so to be pushing fixers to (if they want more stars) use fire weapons, and deal more damage themselves.
    Miika has said that there is room for improvement in the star system for fixers, and has asked for players to make their suggestions for a better way of doing things - so far I haven’t seen many players giving alternative solutions.

The only thing I would say is that the rewards for ‘cashing in’ stars are very poor so you’re not missing out too much in ‘ranked’ though this does have a bigger impact in events.

Reorge and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. andrew tanswell

andrew tanswell New Member

i agree rewards are poor but yes pushing fixers to be selfish isnt what we want.

Reorge likes this.
  4. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Screenshot_20180828-023303.png
    Why 1 star can anyone explain??????

5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Ok, here’s how the fixer contribution system works as I understand it. (This may not be a perfect understanding, but it is my understanding)

Obviously damage you deal gets dealt with the same as anyone else’s damage.
    The contribution of healing that you do varies from person to person. Healing that you do to the person that deals the most damage carries the most weight, and if you heal someone who does no damage, that will get no weight. In effect, you get a part of the contribution rate of the player you heal.

That’s roughly what we currently have. Over to you guys to devise a better system.

6. Baronair

Baronair New Member

Would having a star score from 0-10 rather than 0-3 make any difference? I found the last event quite good for fixers (from 0-10) and i wonder if it's an accuracy thing. I don't know. Did the last event work on different stats?

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  7. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I can confirm with the coins in the last event. I received 10 coins often as being a fixer. They should just apply the same algorithm for the stars.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

OK, so here's a (rather obvious) solution:

Miika said that the reason fixers get less stars on average is that the balancing parameter is contribution, rather than stars, because contribution matters for gold and sugar rewards, and making sure every ship type gets the same average gold and sugar rewards is more important than stars. So the solution is: balance both, rather than one. Make the star conditions ship specific, rather than general, and relax them slightly for fixers, until they have the same star gains as other ships.

This does not fix the fact that the system is very bad at determining when a fixer should get stars, there would still be perceived randomness. But the average rewards are definitely fixable.

Edit:

We have also given the devs multiple solutions for the randomness thing, they just didn't like any of them.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Maybe a small point for most people, but xp from battles is based on stars earned - so by earning less stars, fixers earn less xp and level up slower than players using other boats. This can be significant for people who play a lot of battles if they are wanting to move up in captain level.

10. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    A friendly fixer will try to heal every teammate equally.he/shecannot discriminate between teammates.how they will know who will do most damage.Every healing should weight equal.

Ash KOT likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I agree all healing should be equal.
    With shooters they don't lose stars for damaging the floaters at the enemies spawn whilst their team mates get shredded in the middle of the map.

●H€ll-Blad€● likes this.
  12. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

What if you heal another fixer back from the brink of destruction and that fixer goes on to heal the top scoring player - that should count for something too, right? :)

13. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

For me is normal...

50B4C9A4-5778-4FEF-BD1D-E60C639BE7D0.jpeg 0D8A3B39-19BE-46F0-848A-3364180AB0ED.jpeg

14. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

15. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Whats your nickname on bay?

16. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

My in-game name is SS Minnow_