1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedo

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Eldyl, 22 Aug 2018.

?

Should Torp Splash Damage Re Removed?

1. Yes! Please Remove it!

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No! It is a key part of the torp game

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

WHY DOES THE F***Ing torpedo dmg behind the walls???!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!! Repair it....

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Because it is splash, meaning where it explodes it has an area of effect. For example, torpedoes, ex cannons, repair pulse will be effective through walls. Just how they are designed

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is not a bug, it does not need fixing.
    It is intentional and a huge part of the learning curve when you are getting to grips with using torps.

4. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

No its a bug!!! If im behind a wall and on the other side is an Explosion would i die or not? Its a bug.......

PallabKumarS likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Are you trying to bring logic into a mobile app game

6. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

No, this isn't a bug.
    The main role of torps is to use walls, blocks, shipwrecks, and other ships to attack ur enemies.
    In Other words, without splash dmg torps are useless.

You should learn how to keep a safe distance from nearby walls, blocks, or anything that can be used for torp splash dmg.

On the other hand, there are many weapons which can be useful against enemies who hide behind walls, block, and shipwrecks.
    Example: Mortars, explosive cannon, mine, grenade.
    All these weapons have splash dmg.

7. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

Oke boxes and wrecks are oke.... But throught this wall?!?!??!!! No its not oke....

Attached Files:

8. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

A tropedo needs to explode and deal damage in it's promised radius, and since a big torpedo's radius is 3.5 units and that wall looks like it's less thick than 3.5 units, it will deal damage to people on the opposite side of the wall.

9. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

Oke oke.... But i dont Understand something.... The mortars doesnt deal dmg throught walls....doesnt matter if you are in the circle........

10. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

It deals dmg through walls.
    If u don't believe me, then we can test it.

SirName and Mr. Joseph like this.
  11. Stalie

Stalie Member

Mortars also have a Crit Hit which torpedoes don't have. So it balances each other out.
    Also a EC with high crit % can do over 4k dmg which is more than most Torpedos.
    Bottom line is don't change the Torps they have their place.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wayward Pains is the map where you'll see this most often. Most of the walls in the game are too thick for this mechanic to come into play, but WayPains has these super thin walls that make you watch yourself every time you get too close to one.
    This keeps players on their toes, however, it is particularly annoying to enfos(who are used to hugging corners), and the slower shooters and defenders. Unfortunately, this is a very important mechanic otherwise, and in my opinion, as long as it's just Wayward Pains, it's okay.

13. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Perhaps the most bizarre features of the game that's not a bug. The walls are as devious as they are from Takeshi's castle but challenge it and every torpedo user will defend it like their lives depend on it.

Nam_Nam likes this.
  14. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

But their lives do depend on it

15. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

Not mine, i'm a direct hitter with my torps. Don't need walls

16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Direct hits are obviously best, but some situations require you to use walls, shipwrecks etc, if you arent using these in battle, you are leaving behind a huge part of your torp game mate.

ShipCrusherCz and Nam_Nam like this.
  17. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Hehe, as you know yourself, I like setting off torps using my teammates if there's an enemy close enough mao! Good thing there's no friendly fire in this game eh?!

18. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

In my opinion torpedoes are the most overpowered weapon in the game and I'll explain.
    1. You cant see them most of the time (even mortars give you a warning something comes your way)
    2. Fast as hell (swift torps with training I think not sure are faster than blaster or exploding cannon)
    3. area damage - come on now is there any other weapon that you dont hit your intended target and you give 1200 dmg to everyone around it and dont say mortars because these are way less powered correctly I think to due to the area damage they do.
    4. one dimensional - just trajectory. in cannons you have to adjust both direction and height of shot and miss and if you hit you get less dmg than a torp.

So to summarize if you try to pass an open space you can get away from a barrage of shots but not from a barrage of torps.

Thats my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree so no hitting.

NeptuneGaming, Eldyl and PallabKumarS like this.
  19. Eldyl

Eldyl New Member

I think it too........

20. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

1. You can see them most of the times... At least I can.
    2. They literally have the slowest projectile speeds in the game.
    3. It doesn't deal full damage to everyone in area. The further away you are, the lesson damage you take. Also, for torpedoes, you have to hit something to activate explosion, but mortars, you can just throw it at an area and it explodes.
    4. This is because of it's difficulty to aim at a target and hit it. And it would be nearly impossible to hit a tagret if it was shot like a cannon because of it's slow speed, waves would get in way while in mid air and you can't predict that. Also, a projectile moving 2mph in the air would look really weird :p