1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking and Gear Score issues with new event also

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Flint, 22 Aug 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The T4 rare Sniper and T4 epic Swift are the weapons I always use, so I automatically took these. And I played just 2 battles with it. The Seal Clubbers I see are different, I see them every week in the events ruining the battles for the others. Always the same low end boats and same weapons.

2. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with trying new ships, but when you have a mk7, then why use a mk1, mk2 or mk3 and leave slots open so to manipulate the Gear Score.

That is something different then trying another ship and setup. But if you get matched up with people with much higher Gear Score and weapons, then it is understandable you use stronger weapons. Or you don't and lose 15 battles in a row, which I experienced and then get judged because I use my T4 Sniper and T4 Swift for 2 whole battles.

3. ismailabi

ismailabi New Member

Try custom battles for "testing" ? Then perhaps instead of infamy, there can be a limit among the people that get matches out. Based on the screenshots, matching a 3k-4k infamy players with <1k infamy mk2 players seems a little unfair, imo.

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Not everyone has people to play with in custom battles all the time. And when people try to manually make teams, it's literally worse than the system matchamking lol.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

if were others killing people, would you kill people too because "others do too"?

not all had op weapons, there were also players with normal items
    all of them have mk7 ships?
    I got seal clubbed until I upgraded to mk5, I even had streaks of like 5 battles where I met same fleets of seal clubbers in enemy team, I got one shoted many times and two shoted even more times (and I had my 3k hp mk4 shooter), I had events when there were seal clubbers in all battles, without any exceptions
    epic swift on mk3 ship would be ok, if it was not t4:rolleyes:
    once in your life? you said, in next comment, this:
    so once, twice or even more times?

I know how bad seal clubbing is and I feel your pain, but why you did it too?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

What a complete and utter nonsense! Do you really want me to react to this? We are talking about a game here and you start talking about killing people?!

I leave it with this, because this is a waste of time.

7. ShipCrusherCz

you said, that you do it because other do i too
    I just asked if you would do something illegal, if others did it too

and rest of my post?

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Now I am Seal Clubbing?! You want a normal discussing about once or twice? I used my Defender with the Swift once, there you have it. Btw last week it was T3, so that would have been okay? My Sniper does 410, wow a real Seal Clubbing weapon?! And btw the the matchmaking put me in the same battle as the others, I did not try to get into lower leagues, exactly what the others did!

I also said I took these weapons, because those are my main weapons. I am used to it. So, you read only the stuff which fits your view of me.

And that is my whole point, the matchmaking gives us unbalanced battles and now you are going to accuse me of Seal Clubbing. Is that what they call trolling?

Second battle:
    TTHSPPPZ.jpg

9. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

GS levels weapons and is more based on skill and setups. Yes you get seal clubbers but as I have stated previously to have a low GS they must have a weakness either Offence (never) or defence (always). Therefore hit them hard and hit them first! I always do when I see them on the load up screen and invite others to as well. If everyone did this they would stop doing it! You can tell the seal clubber on the load up screen as it will usually be an mk lower than the others

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The Seal Clubbers usually roam in the mk1 and mk2 realm, most players are not that skilled yet and lack experience. Although you see them at higher levels too. And not all are Seal Clubbers I meet in battle with my mk4 or mk5, but the matchmaking just put people with all legendaries or T5 epics in the same battle.

But in the mk1 and mk2 regions, I see people with 1000 to 40000 battles on their record and 4000 Infamy slaughtering players with just 5 battles and weapons which do 80 damage, while they use epics.

So, they hardly stand a chance if no chance at all.

11. ShipCrusherCz

nope, t3E is not item that normal mk3 player would have
    it's weaker than what seal clubbers use but it's still too strong for a mk3 ship
    check your teammates, there were two (or three, depends on angle of view) players with normal items in your team but no in enemy team
    no comment
    but it's wrong when they use their main weapons on lower mk ships:rolleyes:
    I am getting unbalamced battles too and I have no chance against these mk4 seal clubbers (and I have mk5, they're just simply stronger)
    I would never thing about you as about seal clubber, if you posted only battles where you had normal items, not t4 or t3 rare and epic items on mk3 defender
    I know how hard is it to fight against them but I don't think that it's good idea to join them, yes you had weaker items than they had but still stronger than items of normal mk3

btw your infamy, captain level and ship mk?

12. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I get that it is annoying it happens to us all who play fairly. For those just starting maybe they should ignore the events or they could go shooter and bulrush to get the most coins as quick as possible. yes it would suck for quests but would be a way of getting coins. There are always work arounds if you want to spend the time and effort to find them so you can't blame rovio. Only yesterday I worked out that if I put my T4 epic turbo on my shooter with my T5 rare big shield it gave me that stupid message but if I used my T4 epic bandage it didn't. Why I have no idea but there are lots of quirks to manipulate!

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The recent posts on this thread highlight the dangers and difficulties of labelling someone a sealclubber.
    Whilst players want a fair matchup, it is easy to see one match’s lineup and assume that it is typical of the strength of opposition that someone faces.

If I look at myself in ranked. In some games I am the strongest. Potentially I can be about 800 infamy stronger than the weakest. At other times I am the weakest. I can be matched against any player in nightmare and they can potentially be over 1500 infamy stronger. If I looked at just one of these games, it would look as though I was a sealclubber or being sealclubbed. Everyone will encounter similar ranges.

What is important to understand is the longer term trend of matches that a player gets. Do I consider myself a seal clubber or that I’m being seal clubbed? No. Because the truth is that those matches are outliers in a range of matches that I consider overall to be fair.

So whilst we need players to highlight matches which they feel are unfair (so that Devs can consider the games and determine if further refinement is needed to the matchmaking algorithm), it is unfair to label someone a sealclubber on the basis of one match and so accused players anonymity should be respected.

Don’t get me wrong, there may be some players who’ve managed to stumble upon a setup that they know means that the matchmaking routine will give them consistently easily winnable games with huge rewards which aren’t fair to the other players. That is sealclubbing as it is being done to deliberately exploit the system.

What is important for Devs is to get reports of the unfair matches (with players names and any other identifying info hidden), with an explanation of why the match was unfair. These explanations should consider the strength of all players in the match (not just the potential sealclubber and the person thinking the match is unfair). This will allow Devs to make the necessary changes to matchmaking routine plus gear scores which would then result in an improved system and fairer matches.

Ultimately, we all want a system which is fair and does not allow players to consistenly dominate due to any unnatural ship/gear choices.

ShipCrusherCz and Miathan like this.
  14. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

The problem with GS based matchmaking is:
    • Some ppl try to manipulate the system by using an unusual combination of weapons tiers and rarities, so their GS in matching formula isn't the same as the GS shown in the profile. It might look unfair, but this is how the system penalizes these players. They are matched with higher GS players.
    • It's a team GS based matchmaking. Assuming that ur GS is 9000. You might get matched with 6000 GS players, but total GS of ur team is approximately the same as total GS of opposite team. (Keep in mind that GS in the profile isn't the same as the GS used in matching for some ppl).

Mr. Joseph and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  15. ismailabi

ismailabi New Member

[​IMG]
    #HLLPGDLC

I doubt that event matchmaking should be only about GS.
    "Oh look, GS of 2nd team is higher than 1st one!"
    And nope, game does not give equal strength to both teams.

16. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

As u can see both teams have approximately 7000 Total GS
    The match is unfair, because matchmaking should be based on cpt lvl, and it should be based on ship.

Mr. Joseph likes this.
  17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Event matchmaking is based upon power score not gear score.
    Power score incorporates gear score plus training. (however we know there are still some inconsistencies in gear score so not perfect by any means).

ShipCrusherCz and Miathan like this.
  18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Exactly. I feel like 99% of the people on this forum are still under the impression it's gear score based matchmaking. It's not, people. Gear score is only part of the equation, and as usual, the details of matchmaking are deliberately kept secret.

And to all the people who yell "seal clubber" as soon as they see a higher level player: I encourage you to try it. Grab your lowest ship and try to make a "seal clubber" setup. I guarantee you that it's not nearly as powerful as you think. These setups, like @Cricketmad already pointed out, have strengths and weaknesses. You can only lower your gear score by weakening your ship, after all. For example, if I equip a legendary weapon on my mk2 shooter, I'm defensively bad (no shield or bandage), and on top of that I get put in matches with mk3 ships. So I'm a glass cannon. Deal a lot of damage but die quickly when attacked. You cannot call that "seal clubber" because it actually is balanced.

19. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I did not join them, I played just 2 battles. So if I was wrong, how come I did not win? Because I was not wrong and others had even stronger weapons, T5 rare, legendary, etc.

I really don't see why you make such a fuss of my 2 battles with my T4 Sniper or Swift. And on one hand you say I don't think of you as a Seal Clubber, but you said I joined them. And you said also:

'I know how bad seal clubbing is and I feel your pain, but why you did it too?'

So, you see me as a Seal Clubber and you don't.

I really don't get you and I don't see where this is going or if this is helping the problem I mention.

Last edited: 24 Aug 2018
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

The same mk2 Defender with 5500+ HP / Health.

He always win, because try to kill him with 80 to 250 damage weapons. You will be dead long before that. He needs to get a ban!

ZTTVRMCN.jpg Han-Yolo.jpg