1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Auto-Ban system

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JediKnight1968, 23 Aug 2018.

1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Hi.
    We are plagued by floaters and suiciders. They mess the game, either we have them on our side and nag that we were one or two ships sort on the fight, or when they are on the other side and you win, you're left with this sour taste in your mouth that you didn't win in a fair fight.

Sure the game has a report system, but I have come across the same people again and again and although I report them every time, they reappear soon with a similar handle mocking us with their cheating.

So I think we need an auto-ban system. It should work automatically e.g when someone reports a floater and the ship has 0 damage done or has not moved at all then auto-ban the handle for a specific amount of time, We need a penalty system that if you are auto-banned a specific number of times or reported respectively you go on mandatory hiatus pending investigation.

So waiting for ideas and likes dislikes.

The Grim Repair likes this.
  2. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    good idea.floaters should be banned in rankes matches and event for a certain time.devs can take help from mobile legends bang bang

3. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

What if internet goes down as soon as the match starts

4. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

LOL I have them a lot lately so I can feel this issue. If disconnected (I think the system must know you are disconnected) then temporary time ban should be the fix, I do it manually already, so you don't aggravate the nerves of your teammates that play with a sitting duck in their team and yours (I caught my self quite a few times thinking of throwing the tablet on the nearest wall

5. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I hate floaters I really do there is many a post on here with me complaining about them but at lunch I was 1 due to a phone call at work. my point being sometimes there are legit reasons for floating so any ban amount would need to have a highish ceiling before a ban kicks in.

Ash KOT likes this.
  6. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Definitely there have been thoughts around what logic would work best so ideas are very welcome - we are ofc also having our own. As of now, i can't say what might be implemented

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Well, the #1 thing that could help eliminate the hostility towards floaters is: After 45 seconds of the battle, if a boat has not moved, then an AI BOT takes over control and at least gives the idea that the ship is active. Obviously BattleBay already has some type of AI programming for the bots at the low infamy battles. If their talents could be scaled by infamy, great. If not, at least it's a moving target that the unfriends still have to deal with. No rewards given to the player's account even if the team wins.

Floating punishments (based upon 24 hour timers)
    1 to 3 per day: No punishment
    4th Float: 30 minute ban
    5th Float: 1 Hr Ban
    6th Float: 2 Hr Ban
    7th Float: 4 Hr Ban
    8th Float: 8 Hr Ban
    Players should still be able to log in, but they should get a pop-up screen when they try to enter a battle showing the timer for their ban and explaining why they are temporarily banned. The Ban Notification page should also state the penalties for floating again.

I think this scaling is enough punishment, sometimes a person might legitimately float due to a bad internet signal or work related interruption. But if they don't do something about it, then they don't get to play.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I agree with the above and think it's a great idea but think the punishment needs to end up longer to deter people. maybe keep all punishments up until 5th float as the same and then increase after this? i.e. 6th float 6 Hr ban, 7th float 12 Hr ban, 8th float 1 day etc. If you float more than 5 times in a day you are obviously in a poor internet area (being generous here) so maybe the ban gives you time to get back to where there is internet.

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.