1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

State of Battle Bay

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xxxBISMARCKxxx, 18 Aug 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Its just sad to love a game thats gonna die soon.:(

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Not sure it's going to die .. look at clash of clans. They're still going and even making new content .. of course it was 2 years too late for most of their players, but it's still alive.

3. DragonLegend

Yeah.. but coc was never shy about new lvls.
    I get it its coc went too far as lvl 11 then 12 then 13 like even a semi pro player couldn't max that shit n figure there is no point.
    Rovio is doing exact opp. It not giving new lvls at all.
    They need to find a balance between hoarding and giving too much.
    I saw the devs interview and i see their point that they dont want a higher league than nightmare but what about shifting nightmare up n new league between ace n nightmare starting from 3500.
    New weapons could do hell lot. Player base happy, whales will spend to get it to high lvl.

4. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Make the newbies happy, then the game will survive. New player acquisition is key, this will be automatic if people spread the word around about the game.

YerJokinArnYer and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  5. DragonLegend

Only way people can spread the game by sharing their achievements... What does battle bay have worth sharing that a non battle bay player will understand and want to play?

6. RaistAMG

RaistAMG Member

I am very happy. As a level ten, I could not finish telling you how happy I am too be matched either with or against level fifty players.

It means everything I do in battle is pointless, if the high level is with me, it will be a win, otherwise, it will be a loss. The only thing due is that is not worth my time to roam around dealing 50-100 damage to 5000 hp ships while the whales play.

7. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Perhaps one area where the devs can look into is the cost of the game economy. The term micro-transaction can hardly be used in Battle Bay when the average offer is in the tens of US dollars, and purchasing some weapons or parts or pearls cost more than purchasing a AAA PC game (the US$99 offers are ludicrous as you can get 4 AAA PC games for that amount when on sale). There are only a limited number of people who would be able to spend that kind of money on a mobile game, and we are seeing that now with the decline in revenue.

Even the monthly subscription is whacked $9.99 for the privilege of skipping ads? I bought a sub for one month to support the game, but it's unsustainable. It would be a different matter if the monthly sub was $1.99 or $2.99 then I believe Rovio would reap the benefit of potentially higher number of subscribers.

Long story short: Lower the cost of micro-transactions so that more people can afford to buy stuff (or at least be severely tempted, instead of just being put off by the high costs).

8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

^^^ This.

As I've said many times, I believe in-game purchases are all too high to be reasonable. If they were cut substantially, I would have spent at least 4x more than I have to date.

$50 for a single copy of an item that needs another 5 copies, 93,434 Parts and 7M Sugar to make a T5E is just ludicrous. $99 for an Epic Container (80 premium boxes) which, by my experience, would net me, at most, 2 usable Epic items is just as laughable. Pearls are vastly over-valued, etc and so forth. As a result, progression is overly slow... it takes either years of thousands of $ to climb the ranks.

Fortnite is a game-changing counter-example to Battle Bay's economy. Fights are all fair (read: good for eSports), and purchases are, again, for cosmetic items. No one is making a living playing Battle Bay, but you can do so in Fortnite.

Pokemon Go had ultra-slow progression as well, but that continues to improve without requiring non-cosmetic purchases. Battle Bay's Events and Guilds have improved progression, it's actually not turned out to be by much. I need Epic item copies, i.e., pieces, period. Not legendary perks. Not uncommon power cells. Getting a few extra each week is hardly a progression improvement when you're still faced with minute RNG odds of getting what you need when you finally combine. Infamy reversion during NML reset and boat upgrades is a massive design flaw... and perpetual matchmaking issues makes me question whether the Devs can fix all the issues they built in.

9. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I've thought this since the beginning of starting to play this game. The game should offer more MICRO transactions.
    The daily deals are a joke, unless you are a whale. 12,000 pearls and 800 epic parts for $99.99. For everyday people to spend $99.99 on a deal, we need something that offers more than 800 epic parts. The game doesn't give low spending players enough to spend money on.
    Why hasn't battlebay offered a 10x EPIC CRATE deal since last January? They should do one of those sales every quarter.

One of things I suggested on forum months ago, was to allow training of every talent in the training tree. So if there are 3 things on a tree level. The first one only costs sugar, the 2nd one costs sugar and 250 pearls, the 3rd one costs sugar and 500 pearls.
    Why not have a "pearl fee" for:
    -Changing your guild name?
    -Converting UNCOMMON power cells to Rare and Epic cells?
    -Converting Sugar to Gold?
    -Creating a playground mode, where you can pay pearls to test out weapons and maps for 24hours in the playground (after 14K battles I don't need this anymore) But as a beginner, I would have been all over this
    -Sell us power cells with pearls!!!! The game treats powercells as if they are sacred family heirlooms. For every 10 whales that buy weapons and unlimited resources just to get 1 epic or rare power cell is a joke. If they sold 10 power cells for pearls at a reasonable cost, they would have 10,000 people buying the power cells, instead of 10 guys doing the whole upgrade and scrap method.

Rovio needs to make money, so I would suggest things that would only help the game make money from currently untapped revenue streams.

10. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The suggestions are good but B.B. team needs ideas on how to shake the whales for every penny, not for long term gains.

I wonder how much of the recent Google Play debacle has to do with the revenue decrease? Anyone familiar with that situation?

11. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

That is one of the internal issues battle bay must face and determine where to go from here:
    1. Make everything in the game so expensive that only 0.5% of the BattleBay membership is willing to buy.
    Pros: They get their whales that spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars
    Cons: Eventually the whales Max-out, and since the game ends progress att level 50 and Mk7 ships and nightmare league resets to 4K every season, I would think a lot of the whales move on to other games. Now they are at the position that BattleBay revenue has been cut in half relying on this model of revenue for the past year.

2. Price items to take better advantage of low to medium level spenders.
    Pros: They could tap probably 25 to 45% of the battle bay community by offering lower priced deals increasing revenue overall.
    Cons: Progression would happen faster in the game since more people would be spending money on progress. So development would be have to be made to the game by increasing captain levels, increasing training trees, creating Mk8, and Mk9 ships.

There are a number of changes in the current pricing structure that could give more incentive to increase sales to the casual player.
    1. VIP should stay at 9.99 per month, however they should increase the benefits for the $9.99 VIP.. NEW BENEFITS: Coins in events should be 25% higher, allow a 4th Guild Quest to be selected, allow re-training of the talents while you are doing a regular training.
    2. Create a MINI-VIP for $3.99/month, which gives a 3rd Guild Quest and ability to SKIP ADS, but no access to chat and no training benefits.
    3. The $99 pearl deals should last for a full week. And instead of giving the normal 2x Rare boxes, or uncommon parts. Make the EXTRA item given so tempting that they sell more of those $99 pearl deals to moderate spenders.
    Example of extras to give:
    -Any EPIC ITEM(you select whatever you need, no RNG involved), 20 Epic Power Cells, 1500 Epic Parts.
    -An EPIC CONTAINER
    -Two legendary pieces and 75 legendary parts
    4. The pearl diver, compared to other pearl purchases, this is the best deal, but it is POOR compared to other mobile games that offer daily claimed items. Maybe offer it as a one a month deal to everyone, for $1.99. Again, this makes it so tempting that even non-spenders might go for it.

I want nothing more than the game to succeed and bring in new players, so forgive me if any of my ideas are too far fetched. But I truly believe that in business it is better to have 2000 people that spend $5.00 per month, than to have 10 people that spend $1000 per month. Especially when your expenses would remain constant with either model.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Really good suggestions @BattleRascal. I agree with all of it. To add emphasis, the only way a game remains successful is to have a strong player base. As you said, catering only to whales will result in Battle Bay's demise... something needs to give soon.

FearsomeChicken likes this.