1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgraded and mk7 and waiting for the punishment to end....

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Sswingle, 13 Aug 2018.

1. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

I upgraded to shooter mk7. My infamy was at about 2,000 and I knew I was going to get placed into higher infamy battles but when will this get back to normal. I'm playing against players with an infamy of about 2500+ and the teams I end up on are terrible (e.g. I'm the highest scorer and I'm now down to 1600 infamy!). When will the punishment for upgrading end?

When I previously upgraded to mk6 I went through the same thing (playing against higher infamy), but it only lasted about 1 week. It's been 2.5 weeks and the punishment is still coming.

2. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

I assumed somebody from Battle Bay would answer me..... Nobody out there????

3. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I would help, but I really don't understand your issue.
    Upgrading your ship doesn't punish you. But if you drop more than +/- 800 infamy, game triggers its anti-tanking system, to prevent poor Mk4s from being raped by Mk7s at the same infamy.
    You said you dropped more than 800 infamy, so that is most likely the case (reduced rewards are a good indicator also).

ShipCrusherCz and Nicolas like this.
  4. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

My issue is that I got thrown into higher infamy games (me at about 2000, play against infamies of at least 2500). As I said, this same sort of scenario happened when I upgraded to MK6 so I expected it, for a while. My question is when will my infamy normalize so I'm playing at the same infamy range as my high score (approx. 2200)?

The fact that my infamy has lowered is just a case of getting stuck on teams that don't play well, especially for teams with an average infamy of 2500. It's just odd that I'm usually the top scorer when my infamy never exceeded 2200.

5. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

No responses? Still playing on teams that maybe win 1 out of 5 games and my infamy is now in the 1500's. Still playing battles with those between 2300 and 2500.

Do I just need to quit the game? I guess battle bay has got my money so why do they care.

When will it end.

6. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Punishment? Give me a reaplay of your "punishment"

7. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Not sure how to post a video from a game, but the attached screen saves show my team line up (I'm the one with the real low infamy) and the post game scores. This one one of the few games my team wins, but it shows my scoring compared to others with really high infamy compared to me. I'm being set up so I can't get ahead.
    Screenshot_20180819-144937_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-145308_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-144937_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-145308_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-144937_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-145308_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-144937_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180819-145308_Battle Bay.jpg

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Sadly this will go on forever and you'll eventually fall under 1k infamy and lose all your rewards. Matchmaking is based in ship mk levels so using a higher ship puts you in matches where you are expected to do all the work (kill 3-5 enemies a match or lose). I suggest you use a mk5 ship if you have one until you reach 3k infamy, then start using your mk7 again. That's your only chance.

9. Sswingle

Sswingle New Member

Well that sucks... I knew I'd drop infamy for a while since it happened to me when I upgraded to mk6. But that eventually ended after my infamy dropped far enough and my matches became more equal.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Hold your finger on the yellow link up in the corner

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Glad to know that it got better for you :)

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate to hear you're struggling like this... MK levels have a big impact in matchmaking. My next level makes me eligible for MK7 upgrade, but I'm going to hold off a while since I don't have a single T5 Epic weapon to compete in the upgraded matches.

13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m not sure you’re 100% correct. I don’t believe that matchmaking uses ship levels at all. The game picks the 10 players for the game based upon infamy.
    The team balancing routine then looks at ship level (amongst other things) to work out who goes on which team.

The issue that you’re facing is that many ships that you’re now facing are fast enough to escape the worst of your mortar damage. Generally Mk7 shooters tend to run only one mortar (if any at all - and even then they favour firebomb). I’d recommend that you review some of the YouTube clips of famous shooters for tips on what may be more effective for you. Or look at what the nightmare shooters are using.

14. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Looks as though you selectively chose screenshots to post where you are on top. All 3 of them have your team in victory...Nevermind, just realized all 3 are the same game.

Like @YerJokinArnYer said, mortars aren't really your friend, choose some more direct damage weapons if you have them available. Don't be the guy hunkered down in the back lobbing mortars.

Play games patiently and you will surely climb.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2018
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

1. change your setup-two mortars and two railguns, that can't end well for you, once enemy gets close to you, replace at least one railgun and one mortar with grenade/blast/ex cannon/sniper/flare/carronade (not that good)
    2. stick with only few (or only one if possible) setups-practice makes perfect, so playing one setup most of the time should help you in gaining infamy
    please post replay of few battles, it's hard to help when you don't see playstyle etc.;)

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

There was an update to make matches equal in mk level ships a long time ago

17. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

really? that's why mk4 ships have to face mk6 ships in normal mode? and mk4 vs mk5 in events?

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

MK level is part of an overall rating used in matchmaking... so the upgrade will increase your rating, and thus your match difficulty. MK6's are all over the map, from <100 to >4000 Infamy, so take that with a grain of salt.

19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Respectfully to those who have replied to disagree, I still believe my earlier comments to be true.
    Ship mark plays no part in selecting which battles you get dropped into. It is only a factor on which team you end up on in that battle.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  20. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

I'd change berta to firebomb/napalm, easier to land, buff my team canon dmg and push enemies out to fire those railguns. Since u mk7, u may last longer then ur team, u should try bandage for small shield. I did reach over 3k infamy using mk5 shooter n my setup pretty similar to yours.