1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting grenade problem?/!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by wusolja, 18 Aug 2018.

1. wusolja

wusolja Member

Anyone gets problems when firing a grenade via dragging the bullseye over an area? by default so long as your finger's on the screen and then removed the shot should be fired. It always happens with point-weapons (especially by accident when u don't want) But with grenades the shot doesn't fire at times, and it's getting irritating. And it's not a result of cancellation either since that requires another finger.

two, three times back to back this crap happens when you're desperately trying to off an enemy and nothing.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

If you drag to high, there is a “X” that cancels the shot

It can be moved in settings

Also yea happens to me all the time when I use firebomb

3. LimeOnMars

LimeOnMars Well-Known Member

If you drag the bullseye to the borders of the screen, the shot will be canceled.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. wusolja

wusolja Member

I assure you guys, these aren't the cases. I figure sometimes the screen could misread finger prints. sometimes the screen smudges, leaving a print, so..... a possibility.

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Smart-phone screens don't react to finger prints... they sense the location of your finger based on the change in electric current when you touch the screen.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The screen doesn't see fingerprints.
    Smartphones use projective capacitive touchscreens, also known as PCAP touch.

There is an invisible metal mesh sensor applied to the back of the cover glass, which will sense the capacitance of your finger / stylus through the cover glass.
    It is impossible for a PCAP touchscreen to generate a touch based on a fingerprint.

No touch technology can be triggered from a fingerprint, closest would be optical touch which uses cameras in the four corners, but even these are usually CMOS IR cameras and would tell the difference between a print and an actual finger / object.

So you can rule out the smudge / fingerprint as being the reason the shot is cancelled.

7. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Yr fingers must be very oily that it leaves a fingerprint haha

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  8. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

After reading all the points above you, reading yours made me laugh.
    No offence, but it sounds so ridiculous

9. wusolja

wusolja Member

I ain't the only one to talk about print or smudge problems.
    they're instances because of this that my finger isn't even on the screen but the ship is locked in a direction and i can't regain control or sometimes even shoot till either i wipe the screen or turn the phone off & on.
    It is what it is.

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Phone sounds broken, like I said smudges cannot generate touch inputs.
    So the fact your phone is generating its own touches means your hardware is faulty, either a broken touch sensor or a bugged CPU.
    Rebooting the phone may solve it as will reboot the controller inside the phone which interfaces to the touchscreen.
    Wiping a fingerprint off will have no effect, and if it appears to it is purely coincidental.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I think I know what you're talking about.

Why can't we flickshot with the grenade? I've had this too actually.