1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still think that Double Bubble is Not OP? (Nerf the Bubbles)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maxpuma, 13 Aug 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

That's most likey the case. Any balancing to yellow items have made it trash subsequently. The more people cry about it the more horrible the nerf will be.
    Eg.
    Frost,
    Stun.

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I use stun on my speeder and it's duration is only slightly under 7 seconds, so stun resistance is not a problem for me
    and I play more like an assassin so my teammates can't break my stun;)
    I met one frost+big torp speeder, I use OB as second item for enfo so it was easy for me to dodge the torp, his frost was low level so it had no real effect

Last edited: 14 Aug 2018
    Nam_Nam and Djradnad like this.
  3. Aquaholic

Aquaholic Active Member

Captain
    Remove stun when the shield is broken but any damage over the shield's hp is taken?

Example:
    > I put up a 500hp shield
    > I get shot by 750 damage Ex. Cannon
    > No stun, take 250 damage

Also, crits should apply to the shield. Sound good? (I apologise if all this has already been mentioned)

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  4. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Well i am in ace 1 my tesla shield has 1206 hp.
    It breaks from almost 90% shot opponent fire.
    It already useless and still people r crying

5. Shadow Moon!

Probably you play at mid level infamy where breaking stun means receiving 500ish damage. I play near NML 3800+ if my stun get broken its good night even before I can press nitro:p.
    When stuck against 1v1 with enforcer and if he has 2 shields :D again good night for me. Previously stun actually was counter to tesla shields now it isn't.

6. Shadow Moon!

There's no problem with your tesla shield. If yours is T4E and still have 1200 hp then surely something is wrong with your shield. With hp perks it reaches to 1500+.

Greatgambler440 likes this.
  7. ShipCrusherCz

breaking stun is nothing for me because I fire my blasts, stun the enemy and then nitro away, they usually don't even notice that I am behind them until I use my stun
    and btw OB was nerfed before (June 29, 2017, 2.4 update) but it's not trash

my shield is lvl 10R with legendary event perk, it has 456 hp (lol) and 6 seconds duration, cooldown is 20 seconds
    even some std cannons and snipers of those mk6 ships can break it, but why would they waste their sniper on breaking my shield when they can try to land 1k+ damage crit few seconds later, they often fail to hit me (I am bad at "enfo dance" but speeder taught me, how to use waves and other obstacles in my favor;))

Last edited: 14 Aug 2018
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

How is nobody talking about the drawbacks of having a TS with that much HP?

9. TheAntiSnipe

That message was accidental lmao

10. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    What's the drawback?

11. ShipCrusherCz

it's duration, duration of these huge hp shields is mediocre when compared with 4 epic duration perks shield

12. TheAntiSnipe

Mediocre is an overstatement when you consider it's 4.7 seconds in mid-end game. Endgame I heard it goes up to 5-6 or something.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

The next question is, can you afford not to pop their bubble for a potential 7 secs? That would mean they are able to shoot you twice during that duration.

If I am not mistaken, the erfect of training on the perks of TS works exactly like how HP Perks on BS and SS.

Nam_Nam likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

That is correct, because HP perks, in my opinion, wouldn't even be viable otherwise.

As an (ex-) upper Ace 1 enforcer main, I'll say this: I almost never opt for HP over duration even though I get upwards of 1.7k HP on my t4 epic TS. And I can say this as well: HP is not what you're looking to nerf. Nerfing HP will NOT solve anything for anyone. TS is used for its sustain more than its durability(not unless the durability is so bad it can't even take a sniper hit).

I think my crit penetration idea makes sense on a both logical and a balance perspective. Shooters at endgame who like sniper get a 45% chance to break a TS with duration. Enforcers can shoot back but they WILL lose HP. And more of it if they choose to shoot instead of shield up.

No offence, but are you an enfo main? If you are, or if you've been a good enfo/speeder player in the past, I can tell you why the nerf you are suggesting is capable of killing all yellow boats and not just enforcer without making it a vast textwall.

15. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

How is nobody talking about The OP Sniper anymore?
    Its not op now ? Since people suggesting crit penetration ideas now.

benguin8 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Nope, I have not played an enforcer. Shooter main. TS clashes with RG talents.

I have zero complaints in regards to TS pre HP perk. It was annoying, but not unstoppable.

At this current point, TS with HP perks are near invincible. All they have to do is stack enough HP points to counter T5 EPIC FG, EC, BC to basically make a TS a 2 hit breaker, and pump the rest into duration.

There used to be around 4-5 weapons that could break a TS and now you are left at 1.
    75-80% reduction of possibilities is a no brainer.

A shooter can potentially hit the enforcers 1 time after utilizing 4 weapons to break the sheild. And rinse and repeat.

What about other boats? Defender? Speeders?

Ask the top enfo players how many cycles of Leg perk rounds did they manage to go for? Were they near unstoppable? Trading off turbo for bandage or SS? Any other boat can do that and live?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  17. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

It'll still have around 7.5 sec of duration with the leg perk, I believe. But, I'm not sure. But, it's definitely above 7 sec for sure.

For a speeder 7 sec is more than enough to go into enemy territory and attack on someone and retreat. But, for an Enforcer I would prefer 2 hp (1 legendry) and 2 duration perks.

18. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me now? After the introduction of crit perk , I see more often crit with blast and it's freaking deadly with fire and deals around 4k damage. And , with the bubbles a bit stronger the enfo's will just slaughter you in sec's. ( Obviously talking about sniper shooters. )

As a sniper user I know it's drawback. And I always think to myself why didn't I go with the blast instead of sniper. But, now it's too late already.

In conclusion, sniper is balanced and it is definitely not OP, But over represented.

If , Tesla shields takes crit damage, I definitely think it won't be op as u still need 2 shots of crit to break the shield. ( Mine does around 1.9k)

Right now, Tesla shield is really op and something has to be done to balance the freaking item.

19. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Not asking for a deadass nerf for TS, it just need to be balanced. Being 90% OP is too hard for me to swallow.

TB nerf was a long while ago, and from there on it was the rise of the enforcers.

Not much complains on double bubble until the HP perk came up. It instantly threw everything off balanced. Havoc, anarchy, you name it.

Pro enforcers are evaluated based on how well they dance and not how absorbent are their sheilds.

20. TheAntiSnipe

My opinion on this matter is that the enforcer definitely needs a nerf. Not on the scale of the nerf that speeder needed so many updates ago, but a light one.

Okay, if you don't wanna read everything below, feel free lol it's me reasoning about the whole details of why the enfo mk6, and by extention, the double TS, is op and where it probably needs a nerf.

See, people tend to forget that the 1v1 and 2v2 events are basically an enforcer's playground. Take off the shields, put on a TB, OB and N2O, and enfo will still dominate the 2v2 scene. It's a duellist boat, and the 1v1 is its playing ground.

However, events overrepresent that aspect, taking the enfo to monstrous heights. Since it's basically designed for the 1v1, with the 1v2 being the realm of either skilled players or double TS users(most of the time both, it takes a lot of skill to even use the mk6 enfo let alone be a master), every other ship except perhaps the glass-cannon assassin speeder lies at a severe disadvantage already.

An enfo has the following abilities, without a double bubble:

1. The juke:
    It's good at dancing. To those who cannot comprehend why the enfo dance is so "hyped up, it isn't even that good!" Consider this. The enforcer can back out of a fight rapidly. What it does is this: If the battle lines are clear, the enforcer can turn a 1v5 into a 1v1. Why? The COVER it gets minimizes the set of possible angles from which the enfo might get attacked. Which means that, even if five people are attempting to engage the enforcer, it'll only have to fight one or two at a time.

2. The balance:
    The enforcer is a boat which feels smooth. It's highly maneuverable and has great turret rotation. An overwhelmed enforcer can still break the teeth of the enemy's vanguard due to these factors.

Now, WITH double bubble, what we get is:

1. The tankiness:
    Yes, I'm gonna say it. An enforcer rushing in with high tier epic TSes is about 4-5× deadlier than a defender. Its tesla shields provide it health that can COME BACK in a matter of SECONDS. Bear in mind that this is POTENTIAL, not ACTUAL ABILITY. I'm saying that I personally have used the enforcer, MY enforcer, as a straight up battering ram in TDM. It's not really viable in the upper leagues as a strategy, but damn it's powerful. Not that this ability is ever used foe this reason. Which brings me to:

2. The COMBINATION:
    It is the combination of all the things and how it comes together which makes the double TS mk6 a force of nature. A ship that can tank, run behind cover quickly, intercept fast targets with no issues, and can convert crowd fights into duels with the same ease.

The way I see it, these are the four pillars of the enforcer.

1. The tankiness
    2. The juke
    3. The balance
    4. The combination

You nerf one of these pillars too heavily, the enforcer as a ship will just collapse. But one thing is for sure, one of these pillars is too overwhelmingly strong.
    It's clearly not the juke, for obvious reasons. A soft enfo is like a leaf in a storm under fire.
    It's not the balance, turret cycling doesn't prevent a quick death.
    It's two things then. The tankiness, and the combination. The combination is not really a threat tho. So it's almost primarily the tankiness.
    However, if you nerf tankiness too far, the enfo will collapse. So what do you do?

You introduce a chink in the armor. The TB, the carro, the sneaky ability, the break-stun, all good attempts. But these chinks are not really leveragable by any class other than the speeder and the occasional defender.
    This would have been okay IF BB had an equal team balance. But it doesn't.

So... How do you introduce a chink in the enforcer's armor armor that everyone can exploit, but it will not be exploitable at all times?

I find myself heading to a single conclusion. Out of all the weapons that interact with the TS, with the exception of three(RG, carro, missiles) EVERY weapon has one thing in common.

They CRIT.

Until now, the TS has had no issues with this. But crits can be made into a deadly breach of armor.

Which is why I posted this comment:
    I think it will be great if this happened. Actually, add stuff to that: Flares will burn the target after damage computation has been done. That'll be great. It'll not reduce burn strength, but will reduce duration based on how much HP drain the TS blocked.

Is that good enough for you guys?