1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmare reset is awesome

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by envylife, 30 Jul 2018.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

How so?
    Bigger problems than treating people who were 6000 infamy a day before as 4000 infamy?

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Im a nightmare player, my average infamy per season is around 5200+. I totally disagree with the infamy reset system. It makes the game so repetitive for me.
    First, every high infamy player will be at 4k at the beginning of the season, then he will gain infamy to reach 5k+ again. Okay he is an op player. The problem is: When someone is gaining infamy there is another one who is dropping infamy. Why there are many ppl stuck in ace I league? Simply because of the nightmare infamy reset system. On the other hand, Battle Bay is a 50:50 win/loss based game, so these ace I players have to win some games. Yes, they will win against lower infamy ppl "ace II". The chain will keep going, so ppl will keep dropping then gaining infamy. There is that big question: why it's harder to gain infamy now then what it used to be in the past? Why there are too many op players in low leagues?
    The answer is so obvious: add more leagues to battle bay, and u will see more ppl gaining infamy which will free a space to more new players.
    This system was made when the game was launched, so there weren't much players yet. Today there are around 23k active players. There are 2k+ nightmare players. Example:" If u have an Hotel containing 200 Rooms u can't serve 1000 customers. We need bigger hotel to be able to serve more people." Similarly, if u want more people to play this game u need to give them a larger field, higher goals to achieve. Higher infamy ceiling will give people more reasons to keep playing. Hence, Nightmare players will go up more which will give more rooms for ace players to improve their infamy. Similarly, all players will be happy with the new system because infamy is increasing. In business, players will spend and invest more in this game, and the game will become more popular.

3. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Or just reset their infamy so they can't gain infinite infamy while still matching them up with the former higher players they were battling against before reset

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You're referring to Nightmare players. It is a slightly different issue in my case... I'm at 3000 infamy without a single T5E weapon. Every Nightmare reset throws beaten down NM players with T5E's into my matches. In other words the duct tape reset has a domino effect all the way down to Ace II.

Nam_Nam and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  5. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Unless and until we get a big update nothing is gonna change.

6. envylife

We don't need an update to fix this issue... it's all server side. In fact all it takes is for a Dev to manually run a SQL statement to do a more proper reset once every two weeks.

7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Technically it ripples all the way down. Infamy is only created at the base bot matches. This is the source of infamy gain to offset infamy loss at reset. All players are beaten down by the nightmare reset.

I typically finish nightmare season around 4300-4400. On reset and the few days following I'll typically fall down to 3700-3800 and flounder there for a week before starting to climb back into the 4k range. That entire week I'm taking infamy from lower 3k players and delivering it to higher 4k to 5k infamy players.

Nam_Nam and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  8. envylife

And that makes you wonder the value of the reset. Bi-Weekly Seal Clubbing for 5000+ players to keep them interested? Bi-Weekly beat-downs followed by Bi-Weekly Seal Clubbing for everyone else.

9. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Got ya...

10. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

U tell me. Lol , Not lol:mad:
    Screenshot_20180801-204034.jpg

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  11. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Well, this is boring. We don't know when will be a fix to normal matchmaking battles. It's clear that this is the issue, stated by all players, but so far it hasn't been acknowledged by rovio.

12. envylife

And literally the easiest fix they have on the board.

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'll never get to NML :(

Djradnad likes this.
  14. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Not with that attitude

Play the game for fun and enjoy the challenges

Everytime you face someone better than you, think of it as a way to prove yourself.

That’s how I always play, and it’s help me pull of some 1v3’s

15. Stalie

Stalie Member

I just made it into Nightmare League. Do I have to wait till Sunday infamy reset to get the gold bar and be classed as Nightmare League player? Or can I continue to play and my league status will remain?

16. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

u will take Ace 1 rewards on Monday. u should wait two weeks to get the nightmare league rewards.
    you are new to nightmare league, so u should know that:
    • ur infamy will reset to 4k at the beginning of the season. (if u was at 4k+)
    • u should avoid playing in the first day of the season (if ur familiar with 5k+ playing styles, then u can play on ur own risk. u will drop to 3700 because u will face op players who were at 5k+).
    • Fleet up as much as possible: find a partner to keep gaining infamy. ur a shooter, so u should fleet up with 1-Enforcer 2-Speeder 3-Fixer. Try to avoid fleeting up with another shooter or defender.
    Welcome to Nightmare.

Mr. Joseph, Nam_Nam and Stalie like this.
  17. Stalie

Stalie Member

Thank you WarHawk :)
    I'll wait till Monday to start my Nightmare League challenge.
    I'll take on all points you've mentioned