1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Battle Bay YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by MrTheory, 25 Dec 2017.

1. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Hey friends! I'm not sure if we are allowed to plug our channels here. If not, I apologize in advance. I started a channel dedicated to Battle Bay gameplay. I'm always looking for suggestions. Also, if you have your own Battle Bay channel, please share it here! :)

A few things about my videos:
    Device Sound Capture
    Real-time/In-game commentary
    New Episodes posted every Thursday (will increase this)
    Wins and Losses are posted
    No shared replays or battle logs - You see what I see

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBB2qxMOlNhYER1z9BZFpUA (Not enough views to customize my URL yet).

Thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Last edited: 26 Dec 2017
  2. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I took a look at the second video. Overall it seemed too much just like watching someone play with not enough "theory". There was some good stuff about map strategy but the battles themselves seemed not well thought out. For my tastes, I'd like to see less "watch me play battlebay" and more "Here's what you should know."

3. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Ok - thanks for the feedback. I'm not used to concentrating on the game and commentating at the same time. I figure the more I do it, the better I'll get at that. I'll work on that for sure! Thanks again.

4. Snapshot

You're welcome and it sort of seemed like that. It seemed like you had lots of useful information to impart but you were getting caught up in the battle itself. If it helps any, here are the things I'd most love to hear about.

Map strategies: What sort of strategies work best on a given map?
    Boat Strategies: If you're a shooter you should think about filling <x> role on the team.
    Team Strategies: WITH A FOCUS ON USING THE COMMUNICATION TOOLS EFFECTIVELY! Honestly this is arcane to me but I can envision a time when multiple big streamers are all saying the same "standards" and it takes hold. For instance, I think bittersteel mentioned picking your most obvious high damage dealer and telling the team to follow them. It seems to help people get focused. That's a handy standard to have in my back pocket... when in doubt, follow the slugger.

I'm basically a recently fledged noob. I'm just getting out of the infamy levels where raw chaos reigns supreme. So learning how to fight WITH my team is hugely helpful.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  5. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Sounds good! I'll do my best. I appreciate the feedback. The next episode that goes up tomorrow was already put together before I posted this thread. So, I'll have to start working on the more specific improvements during the episodes that follow.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  6. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Hey hey :)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzw4ly8O2yBd8HFzrUej8nQ

Tips to attract alot of views,make flashy/beautiful/atleast edited thumbnail, not those randomly generated by YT in looks ugly lol
    Maybe my serires/playlists I make could inspire you to think of a great idea
    -Ridiculous custom battles serie:a playlist/series of me doing crazy things in custom battle mode such as all fixers/all same weapon blah blah blah
    -Bay SmackDown,a somewhat unofficial best replay of the (whenever I find another great clip :p) showing close battles, escaping deaths, well placed shots,etc.

MrTheory likes this.
  7. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

Mr.Theory... I’m always glad to see you on my squad, it reassures me a little. You’re a solid player and you dont lose your head.

I watched all of the videos, they were entertaining and pretty funny. Don’t get rid of the commentary.

TheAntiSnipe and MrTheory like this.
  8. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Thanks for the feedback! I literally debated making a thread for the channel because I was pretty positive that I would just get roasted... haha. It's nice to get genuine pointers and feedback. Thanks all!

9. Snapshot

Well, it attracked MY view anyway and it was funny as hell. I particularly liked that defender mopping up the mines for his team mates LOL. But in my opinion, a good channel is heavy on "gitting gud" and light on "look at this awesome battle which will teach you little" or "hey, isn't this funny".

TheFixer27 likes this.
  10. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Thanks again for the thumbnail idea.. mine are a little basic but at least they’re not a generic screen cap. :)

11. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Your funny stuff especially the outtakes were my favourite! Especially with sound effects! Don’t stop doing those - serving no other purpose than making me PMSL!!! :D:D:D:D (Nostrils!!!) I’ve promoted your channel to my guild and other friends - funny stuff!

12. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

Sweet! Thanks so much!

craz¥burd likes this.
  13. MrTheory

MrTheory Member

NosTRILSSS

14. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Subscribed for the heck of it.wot is ur tag

15. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Seriously, this guy is funny! (Well it appeals to my warped sense of humour anyway) :D