1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Stunned After Shooting Cancels Shot

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ænima, 7 Aug 2018.

1. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Is it a known bug that being stunned while your projectile is mid-flight will cancel your shot?

It resets the CD for the shot too, but yea, that shot should still land...

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

It’s probably just a lag/latency issue where the shot is fired on your side but server side it didn’t fire. But it still reset your CD. I have this happen every now and then with a Tesla Shield.

3. XQT

XQT Member

I don't think it is a latency issue. It happens all the time. When my shot targeted to shooter is in mid flight and an enemy speeder stuns me, the damage of my shot don't register to the shooter

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

For me, when I shoot mine and the projectile is mid air and I get stunned, the projectile still does it's normal thing and doesn't disappear.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you fire a fast-shooting weapon, the lag can be as small as 80ms and your shot will STILL not register because of it. Now if you shot a mortar and then got stunned(or a blast, or an excannon for that matter) after enough time, your shot would register.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yep, that definitely sounds like a latency issue.

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t think it is latency. In this video you can see it happening at about 1:33 the Shooter fires a grenade at me, you can see the area, and you can even see the projectile in the air, but just before it lands I stun the Shooter and the Grenade appears to disappear.

I don’t see how this could be visible on the replay if it were latency.

8. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Nope, the grenade still landed, but it didn't hit you. You could see the splash effect circle.
    20180807_160427.png

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I think you’re right.

I dug out the original video on my phone, so I could watch it properly, frame by frame.

I always wondered why the shot didn’t clip me, as I’m clearly inside the red area when it disappears, and I figured it was because stun cancelled the shot.

But after watching it frame by frame, you can see the projectile (bottom right) has already overshot the bullseye, and lands much further behind me.
    F49378EC-9B95-411A-B2E0-C56893303EDD.png

Sorry guys, my mistake. I knew it looked wrong, but I guess it was a different type of wrong. The one where shots don’t land where they’re predicted to.

At least my mystery is solved then! Thanks @Fluid Bait, good catch! :)