1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfriend you Rovio

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by boagente75, 5 Aug 2018.

1. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Seriously guys check your logs. I got like 10-11 frost launchers and blasters in a row from yellow legendary piece combinations. How is this even possible when you claim all items have equal chance to come out of combinations? It is really annoying. I am going for one last round then I’m done with this game. There is a limit for all even greed.

Nikkie!, nosesabe, Nam_Nam and 10 others like this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I'm really scared to combine my legendary yellow item after my last two experiences (standard mortar and gear lube). I expect something useless to fit those, so some kind of frost also.

3. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Rng is a gamble, it’s not that hard to believe your luck, but it’s frustrating to say the least when you get unlucky. (Especially when we are talking about legendaries)

I’m getting scared knowing that you are making your boat stronger!

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I got like 8 rare and 5 epic frost blasters in a row, then got few tesshields, 6 rare nitros and few rare OBs and only 1 epic frost blaster since my crazy blaster streak and no frost launcher in month or almost two (I don't want it but it's weird that I don't get them)
    I was stuck for months with my t1 rare turbo almost since I started, then I got 5 rare turbos in two months
    RNG is really random, but it will give you also items you want but you need to wait for them:)

Nam_Nam, Fish and What's Up Player like this.
  5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Haha, doesn't surprise me in the least. Here's my Epic Container experience:

The proportions of items one would expect are Red: 54%, Yellow: 17%, Blue 17%, Green 11%. I opened 6 containers (60 Premium Boxes), and got 2 Red, 2 Yellow, 2 Blue, and 3 Green which is the inverse porportion that I expected. Being a Shooter, which renders 5 of the 9 items immediately useless, and one yellow was Frost Launcher of course. Out of my 2 red items was a Triple Torp... also useless. Oh and my two blue items? They just happened to be Big Shield... but I already had a T5... and it remains my only T5 to date all these months later, and the only shield that can't be equipped twice on any boat. So 1 of 9 items usable for 23,400 Pearls. I haven't bought a container since.

6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Yea it took me over a year to get my first overboost and then I got another, t2epic is just not enough! I’ve had over a dozen t shields.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

BTW right after I posted this I got a 10th Epic Yellow after 2 weeks of boxes, raffles, events, and...

... drum roll...

Frost Blaster!!

... scrap

8. Nooobser

Nooobser Member

Nothing.
    For yellow items, I usually get rare OB,and epic Tesla Shield, I often get frost items, so I have for now 1 epic frost launcher, and 2 epic frost blasters...
    It's just luck, after all.

9. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

They don't claim that, because it's not true

Anyways dude... Fortnite Android release inc, why you even caring about this lol...

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

All items have always the equal chance from combining.

Nikkie!, Nam_Nam, Fluid Bait and 3 others like this.
  11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Yup that's pretty representative of the M.O. lol...

Joey who likes this.
  12. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Idk man I believe it really is random but during some period you're always going to get more of certain items..like me, I got 4 rare bug shield in a row after a period of lube/rudder..

Now I'm getting napalm and big torp, while my epic still at the ballpark/range mortar cycle..the more to combine, the better I guess haha

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  13. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Equal no doubt, but it takes waaaay too long to get equal, if u know what I mean. My case, when I started the game I really wanted rare bandages, but I swear the next many combinations gave me rare turbos, after rare turbos, and the occasional gearlube/rudder. Finally I did get those rare bandages , but after many many months of combining. Fast forward to the last month, I kept getting rare bandages from combining, it felt like rng was "stuck". This makes me think that rng needs to get less "stuck" or rather stop giving the same duplicate over and over, because some players will lose their patience and quit before rng becomes "unstuck".

Stalie, Djradnad and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  14. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Sorry my English hope you kindly accept as guarantee and not to harsh on my whoops which were not srategic

15. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

You do have to remember that out of a sample size as big as this player base you will get freak results! You won't hear about the normal results only those which aren't great for people. granted RNG sucked for me for ages but you just suck it up and move on, then you get that epic turbo and epic TS in the same day and are thanking the RNGeusus (hope I spelt that right?) ;)

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Negativity bias - people only remember the bad times. I guarantee you that Boa has had just as many good-luck streaks as he has had bad.

17. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I remember the good time, when I got 3 epic turbos within a month (I think). I remember the really good time when I combined red leggy pieces to get an explosive cannon. Then again, I also remember the bad times when I got legendary rudder and repair bolt perks (my only legendary perks), and the fact that RNGesus has never given me a single epic ex cannon to this day, except I got one from achievements.

18. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Yeah playing fortnite mostly these days. Fun.

19. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Good times came when I was only paying to this game. I paid quite a bit in the beginning and got items which seemed to boost the items I had in the inventory already. Since I stopped paying that much, I’m getting items which have no use to me. Not to mention that the developers have been playing with item stats for balancing purposes like crazy, and some people invested money into this game just to make certain items more powerful, only to see that their stats were reduced 3-4 months later. Anyhow, I just don’t like the extreme “let the money flow baby” mentality with this game. That’s why I have already put it into my “train journey” category already. Soon it will be degraded to my “toilette” category.

20. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Trust me I sucked it up quiet enough :)
    Have respect for other thoughts though, I just don’t feel like return on investment into this game is satisfactory. Was just sharing my thoughts.

Ovidmikel likes this.