1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Perks question

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fish, 4 Aug 2018.

1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Just wondering, is there an equal probability of getting each perk as a reward or is there a hidden "rareness" that makes some perks more or less likely to be won? I seem to keep getting the same few epic and legendary perks. Frustrating after playing all weekend to get to the legendary perk only to receive one that I have already in duplicate (enough to fill up all of the items that can use the perk). Since I can only use one of each on an item, there is nothing left to do but to scrap it for a bit of gold. Not really the prize I was working for.

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I feel as if last event, the mortar perks and rudder perks were common, and this event, shield perks, turbo perks, and mine perks are common.

*JAWS* likes this.
  3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Wow, that might be true. I got the legendary rudder perk last event, and the mine one this week. Both sucks for me.

4. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I also seem to get lot of duplicate perks...its rigged i guess

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The RGN in this game is rigged in some ways. If you think otherwise, you're probably too naive. Of course, the devs will come on to ask you to prove it and of course non of us do.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

Predictions:

1. Lock thread
    2. Mikka will do a fly by and wreck you all with a few words. To which our ancient forum troll, Joey, will reply: "Oooh FIYAH"
    3. Miathan is gonna put up a little (constructive) argument
    4. YerJokin is gonna type a long post
    5. Uerguy might come by give us cookies and show us his Roaches, as usual
    6. I guess Anti will have his say too
    On a separate note:

Maybe its rigged, maybe it isnt. Whatever it maybe just get on with it because if it was rigged, believe me you'd f*cking know. Ive played many games whose systems are rigged to give you shit, compared to them BB is far off.

If BB was rigged; more than 50% of what you receive from RNG would be unused, Non-Meta crap.
    No need to spread fake news and hoaxes

Last edited: 4 Aug 2018
  7. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I got epic, rare and uncommon cannon speedy perks, rare and uncommon cannon chill perks, uncommon wildfire perl, two uncommon healing perks and...leggy repair box perk
    I don't think that it's rigged but RNG is just cruel and/or doesn't like me:D

Fish likes this.
  8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I don’t think it’s “rigged”, just wondering if some items have a higher probability of being chosen - not unlike you have a higer chance of getting the uncommon perk over rare/epic even though its still RNG.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

My only two Legendary Perks are the Range Mortar variety, one last event and one this event. Maybe because I never even bothered to equip the first one, RNGeezus wanted to rub it in? At least RNGeezus is consistent ... all the Epic items I receive are also the same ones that sit unused in inventory.

Fish, ShipCrusherCz and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  10. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Just pray for RNGsus

Fish likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Eh? I guess Mr. Thorinsson is right lol.

I'm having my say. It's random, BUT if there's two different perks available for one piece of equipment, it's not. For example, cannons have the Reach thingy and the Crit thingy. So that gives a random(again, random) cannon perk a high chance of occurring.

Idk if the newer perk RNG is modded, but I guess if Thorinsson's right, I don't have to make a guess and Miika is ready to

Fish likes this.
  12. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Just to clarify for this thread, you can check my 6300 coin draw video.. I got 5 of the 8 event perks available out of 7 draws. I got 2 or the strike cannon and rudder perks. So RNG seems to not be rigged. But god do I wish they wouldn’t allow 2 turbo, rudder or gear lube perks since there is absolutely no reason I would need 2 of these since no one would ever put 2 rudders on a ship.