1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for balancing Flare Gun

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Waveblower, 3 Aug 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Do you really think that I care what others get from my weapon. The flare victim should learn to hide instead on crying that he got hit with one. Flare is only class weapon which is not point damage or AOE weapon so not boosts from other talents so it should work as it is.
    On heal reducing part its only counter to tape/ pulse/bolt/bandage come up with another solution that counters self heal and ask for flare nerf.

2. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

It's their problem. It just shows that they relied on that item alone to win battles.

3. Shadow Moon!

Already mentioned it. Its isn't point damage weapon so defence points are useless (they generally are useless anyways). Make flare point damage weapon give it all boosts from talents and make defense points work against it.

4. Waveblower

Waveblower Active Member

Yup, some kind of reduction points for fire items are indeed needed.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Fine, but in that case, damage done by the flare per tick also proportionally increases. It's a red slot, damage should not be reducible like that.

SeaNavy likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, right.

Flares max out at very little above 100(20-30 points at best). So against a defender with capped defence, a t5L flare will only do... 30?

7. Jayden Kim

Jayden Kim New Member

Well nerfing/berfing a certain item is not an easy decision at all even if all agree it's not balanced.
    Cuz good number of people have already come a long way to develop the item and it's non-sense to have them just accept their valuable items being nerfed or other items you don't have berfed.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Shadow Moon!

Give flare point damage boosts from crew training then apply the defence mechanism I'm fine with it:D do the math you'll understand.

Firzen13 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. AndyAshton

AndyAshton Member

My opinion on this subject, instead of nerfing flare gun, i have a suggestion of improving "Fost Launcher".

Improvements for Frost Launcher:
    - Make the freeze stays on the water for period of time (similar to napalm)
    - Whoever sail across the freeze area will get slowed down.
    - Any burning ships which sail pass that area will extinguish the fire.

Hopefully this idea will make players interested on using frost launcher. Since it will help team mates put off fire from flare, napalm or fire bombs. Thank you :)

Reorge likes this.
  10. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    Sniper should have a crit multiplayer by 1.5x, so should every other cannon.
    xcannon should have a bigger blast radius and less damage.
    Missiles, hmm. It’s not good,
    It’s already hard to aim against speeders and defenders just ignore it.
    Enforcer will bubble it.
    Fixers will tape and box it up,
    Shooters will kill you before you can fire the second round of fire.

So missiles don’t need a nerf.
    They need a buff..
    Idea:
    Missiles land in a ‘mortar’ radius,
    Then, 3+ extra strong missiles will come landing in the ‘zone’ and ou can drag the zone to aim your shots.
    And any dummy that’s inside wil take tons of damage,

But, the missiles are tiny and land in a different place each time
    It’s like lightning

11. TheAntiSnipe

Nope. No extinguishing effects. Fire is a redslot status.

12. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Flare gun is balanced.

PROS:
    Damage buff.
    -30% healing.
    Capable of Massive damage
    Defenders don't know what hit em

CONS:
    damage is dealt over time, so fixers and bandages can heal before death happens unlike single hit weapons
    The buff is only to cannons ( unlike frost which goes for 2 classes)
    Not exactly the best counter for enemies with low def nose, what's even the point...
    is only very good when highly upgraded or highly classed ( epic and leggy)

See? Flare has very good balance. No nerf needed, just git gud ( at countering flare, I understand that you are good with missiles)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

@Waveblower the flare gun advantages that you state for wanting FG nerfed are not exclusive to FG. They are also advantages of the Firebomb too .
    You are really saying you want fire nerfed . If this 'time taken off for cannon shots' nerf was applied to FG, it would also need applying to FB too. So let's call this what it is - a fire nerf, not a flare gun nerf .
    You may say that FB was recently nerfed so that duration was reduced for non bullseye shots, but DPS was increased so that the full damage of the shot was still dealt .Your fire nerf doesn't allow full damage to be dealt.
    The only way your fire nerf could work would be that for every cannon shot the duration was reduced, but the remaining DPS increased so that the user still gets full damage from the weapon (just in a shorter time).

14. Shadow Moon!

Plus flare is only counter for tape/pulse/bolt. Nerfing flare in any manner will make these items OP ( I guess its the actual intension of original poster).

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I like your idea. So it would more or less be like this:

Duration 15 sec - 3 sec, normal damage is 30

Because 20% of duration was taken, damage gets +20% damage, so 36 damage is new total.

More or less like that? I would still be a minor nerf to fire since duration would be reduced, but same damage would still be dealt.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  16. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Interesting, sounds feasible

17. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Plus Tesla shields would be more counter-able that way

18. Firzen13

Firzen13 New Member

I am getting the point why Wave is trying to nerf Flare by reducing its duration on every cannon hits. According to me The Reason why players use Flare gun is to counter the fixer with 3 duct tapes in the events as it can reduce healing by 30%. A Normal fixer in Ace 1 league has a HP of 6500 and some even have 8k-10k HP like Art of Deception. Its like a Defender with regeneration. If you reduce Flaregun duration on every cannon hits then he will just take a few hits to reduce flare timing and runs away and gets fixed using 3 duct tapes Back to full HP. If Flare is active for 20secs fixers cant heal themselves faster and I think its the only way to counter 3 Duct Tape Fixers. And some even said reduce the damage of Explosive cannon to Blast Cannon. But why already Explosive cannon is nerfed a lot like its a 2 slot weapon.Cooldown time is 14 secs. Its projectile is slow when compared to BC. But why guys use it is for 2 reason its talent never collide with Snipers So you can make Sniper and EX to its full power. And its Area Damage which is good against fixer camping or Defenders trying to protect the opponent flag holder.

Already everything is nerfed. So stop talking about nerfing and come with ideas how to make the game better instead of making it worse like the new Capture event one capture and you win 40 secs game over. Its like luck and I am here to play and have fun. Winning is just a part in it. So make some new ideas like 4 teams with 3 members of the same guild compete in a Battle Royal in a new Bigger Map.

I also wanted to know why rewards are reduced a lot in Ranked Matches even when I get 3 stars I request devs to explain about this

19. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

20. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

If you want to take away my flare gun, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands ;)