1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Event: CTF version 2.0 Feedback

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 2 Aug 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180802-192051.png
    How fast these gonna be??
    CTF with One Capture.
    What strategy you gonna use?
    Given these match could end as fast as 1 min or less.

2. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Coin distribution had better be more fair this time around

3. DragonLegend

I see hell lot of speeders ..like everywhere

4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Great job devs listening to the community!

Looking forward to play this one. :rolleyes:

5. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

The return of banana boat and fat blue defender

6. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

A fleet of MIghty MK6 Defender with all shields and a Healing Mk6 Fixer(not a selfish one with repair pulse,repair bolt and duct tape,alongside with the 2 weapons) will be damn great.

Defender goes for capture,captured the flag and returning it to home base,Fixer healing the defender whenever he loses health and if this all done great(our flag must be in our zone,that's very important),then they will surely win.Isn't it?
    :):):);););)

7. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Unfortunately,Fixers could be easily exposed by yellow boats and eventually stands no chance

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

One capture? I can see this going terribly wrong.

9. DragonLegend

I have that feeling too.. lets hope we are wrong

Vile Kyle likes this.
  10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That's the beauty of an event that only lasts 3 days. If it is awful, we just play through it and we never have to see it again. I have a feeling that this event is going to be epic though.

11. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

if it lasts 3 days or a week still the next event will start after a week(it is one event per week , right?) , so no difference just less coins
    you are an enforcer ,right ? but iam a shooter so i feel this is gonna be one of the worst event :(

Help I Cant Swim and Djradnad like this.
  12. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I like the the idea of 1st team to capture wins. Battles should be short and sweet. So long as the coin distribution is fair, we should be happy. Shorter battles=More coins that can be farmed.
    In all honesty, in last weeks CTF event....... I would say the vast majority of the time, the first team to capture WON, or at the very least held a tie.

Fish and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  13. envylife

I disagree. I won a lot of battles where the unfriends had the first capture, which can be a lucky one as it takes a while for Shooters and Defenders to get into place, and Speeders can transport a flag across map before it's possible to react. My original suggestion was to have 3 captures to win... or maybe 2. 1 capture is going to make it quick, but it's less of a legitimate win than I like to see in an event.

14. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I agree last week on several map spawn points, it gave the enemy team speeders the ability to reach the capture flag before my own team could even get to our capture zone and defend it.
    We will see how this week's event goes. Day 1 last week, I HATED THE EVENT. By DAY 3 I was loving it. At least it's something different every week. But I would really like them to bring back some 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 style events.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  15. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I loved last CTF event, I don't like this one. Matches are too short.

I had one match on Forge where I got a single flare off on a shielded speeder (stunned him) as he was leaving my team's capture zone. I started at the closest spawn point to my capture zone but was still unable to get within range before the speeder picked up flag and took off with it. The rest of my team was useless at other point, couldn't even gather up the flag to prevent capture. Round was over in under 30 seconds.

Should be at least first to 2 captures so some semblance of strategy has time to develop. Pretty sure I'll be kitting out my gimp enforcer boat for this event.

16. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Use your defender and follow my technique in our guild chat:p

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  17. envylife

I've only had 2 matches so far. The first one had no speeders. I wasn't sure whether to protect or attack, so I did both. Someone captured and we won.

The second one both sides had a speeder... I called for our speeder to get the flag, but no clue where he went. I took my Shooter got the flag and did an end-around on the entire map.. by the time I got to the zone there were two there but they weren't able to kill me before I landed the flag.

In other words in my very limited experience the event looks fine. I can guarantee by the time I play some more matches players will have adapted and I'll start seeing those 30 second matches of frustration (or glory). In fact I'll jump in my Speeder and try the same to figure out which of my boats are the most impactful in the event.

18. Iskios

Iskios New Member

BB Captain
    In principle I like the new quick matches, but for me is not as fun as the first version. I have the feeling that the time punishment for dying is longer now. Or is it just me? I liked the freedom of not caring to die of the first version. Now if your team is bad, by the time you respawn you probably lost the game, which is fair, but it took away the excitement of the first version. It was what made it so unique for me compared to all other events so far.

benguin8 and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  19. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I agree; as a flag carrier I sometimes die a few times before the game ends. The respawn timer takes as long as 20-30 seconds sometimes, which is way too long.

20. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Even if i lose I get 9 coins for just carrying the flag around. I am loving it as I can farm on coins. But it is totally not appropriate for other players that are defending the flag.