1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

something i just noticed about defender

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alpakaa, 30 Jul 2018.

1. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    Some people say that items don't really matter, it's all in how you play, which is absolutely true, it's just.. well.. with defender..

I think it's safe to say that defender is the worst ship to play unless you've got a lot of HP or bandages. Without good shields/bandages, defender is literally a sitting target, easy to hit and everything. The only special reason why you would play defender is because it is a tank. So, with defender, it's actually item-oriented, at least significantly more than the other ships. how odd :/

ShipCrusherCz and SirName like this.
  2. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

With shooters over 12k hp, it's hard to say if defenders are even tanks...should a defender sacrifice any health at all, for manuverability, he becomes no more than a 3 weapon shooter with a big target on his back.
    I myself run big shield, 2 small shields and a rudder (gives me a little more chance to dodge torps) bandages were great, before NM. But with the damage shooters put up, even max t5e bandage is useless, so if one has to sacrifice health, it may as well be for a rudder, just so a "tank" can find somewhere to hide from all those shots.

3. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Welcome to the Defender Paradox. The only ship which has a surplus of Blue slots, but can't actually take anything other than shields and a Turbo.

4. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

Defender in nightmare is painful

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  5. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

They should just remove it I mean it haves No love :(

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Defenders been bad since forever and Devs won't fix it because they don't play it because apparently they have highest win percentage in the game. #2OP5ME

*JAWS* and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  7. Stalie

Stalie Member

I also have an issue with them defenders! They don't take the full damage per shot! How can a defender have 400+ shield HP points?
    I'm talking about when I drop my 4k damage mine in front of the defender and he only takes 3600 damage WTF is that all about? Why even bother to upgrade weapons if they have smaller impact on a ship like the defender which can already have +20 000 HP. Same with big Torpedo my BT can do 3050 damage per shot but no not against the "Tank" I only get around 2700 damage. So why is there such big difference between the ships? Defenders have it way too easy !

8. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

That is not possible bro, defense points are capped at 100, meaning a max defense defender should be taking 3.9k dmg from your mines. There is no % dmg reduction defense

9. Stalie

Stalie Member

Hi, I will give your proof in due course :)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

That's called +-10% damage rng system. Every weapon in the game has chance of doing up to 10% less or 10% more damage per hit.

11. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Technically, the 100 defense points are applied BEFORE any weapon perks and captain bonuses. So say mine has 1k base damage + 300% in perks and captain talents. If you run over it, it does 900 base damage + 300% perks and all that for 3,600 HP in damage.

At least that's what I've been led to believe...

Last edited: 3 Aug 2018
  12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180802-163125.png

50+10+59 = 100 (with the cap) ;)

Stalie likes this.
  13. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Yeah that's why where are so many in the top-- oh, wait.

14. Gilligans Island

Gilligans Island New Member

Anytime i get in big blue for questing , ny infamy goes south quickly