1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Damage vs Duration perks?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 30 Jul 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me which one is better for my brand new flare gun. Damage perks give lesser dmg but a little quicker. Is it worth it.
    Also consider the fact than fire not always burn to its full duration.

2. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

I use duration on my flares, Fire Bomb and Fire damage on other cannons

3. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

I go for duration, the extra sec could help you or teammate get an extra cannon shot in, boosting the damage

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    If your fire is strong enough as is, go for duration. If the time damage is dealt is boosted, you will ultimately deal more damage.

Fire damage seems to be 1 tick= ( about) 1.25 seconds, so there are 4 ticks in 5 seconds. A duration boost would likely get an extra tick or ( if epic or legendary buff) two.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

If you are an enforcer go with duration perks. If you are not an enforcer you could get away with using all damage perks

6. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

This guys knows whats up.

I would say Damage on Defender only really. They only have 3 weapons and no other yellow or greens to cycle through, so burst is more important than duration. Plus they got the high health and low mobility meaning they can't really shoot, take cover, shoot well. So you might as well just go all in and aim to destroy as quickly as possible.

Everyother ship has more weapons/gear to cycle though and less health, so you are more like to get into situations where you might need to get out of their line sight and vice versa, and chasing them like a defender does, would probably get you killed, so duration is more important since you might have to wait a little longer before your next shot, or apply the fire debuff again.

Last edited: 30 Jul 2018
    FearsomeChicken and Joey who like this.
  7. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies guys and sorry for the late response.
    I understand more people are in favor of duration perks.
    lets summarize what we have till now.
    Duration Perk-
    Pros- 1.deal more damage.
    2.extra duration could help teammate by boosting their canons.
    Cons- 1. enemy could hit back in the extra duration and kill me instead first.

Damage Perk-
    Pros- 1. Faster damage.
    Cons- 1. lesser damage.

8. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Duration for healing reducing n canon dmg buff

9. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

The bonus fire damage perk does provide for overall higher damage (I played around with my flare gun perks), however, as previously stated, the healing reduction debuff is op, so extending that might be the better option still.

10. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Duration for sure.
    Greater total damage means a better chance of popping tesla shields, not to mention extra time on those heal debuffs and cannon buffs.
    It's a no brainer if you ask me.

DragonLegend likes this.