1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Shield Perk or Hitpoints Perk Better!?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by tuan anh bien, 1 Jan 2018.

1. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Hhmm .. anybody can explain the relation among weapon dmg, defend point and hp?
    If i have 1000 dmg weapon, how much will it reduce the opponent hp if the ship has 50 defense point and 1000 hp?

Please assume it is a direct hit weapon.

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

ship has 1000 hp
    defense is 50
    damage is 1000
    this will happen:
    • damage:
      • base damage+crew and perks buffs¹=X
      • X*(X*% buff from crew)*(X*% buff from perks)=1000
    • defense: defense affects base damage, so the real decrese is higher than 50
    result:
    the target won't be probably killed, because the damage dealt would be lower than 1000, unless the damage is increased by 10% (every shot is affected by RNG, ranging from -10% to +10%)

¹only numbers, not %

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  3. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

So, no clear answer on this.
    What I can understand that def point of 50 would be almost equal than reducing 50 hp on a single shot. Why bother we have defender point anyway?
    Im sure it's said before, def.point should be in percentage of hp reduction. They just need to have max level like the rest, so hitting defender wont be like hitting a wall.

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Max defense is 100

If you can survive 30 hits on a yellow boat, or 40 hits on a defender (others are in between), then defense is worth it.

Now if you get hit by 5 EC you are pretty much dead, but if you get hit but a carronade 5 times, having 7 projectiles per shot, then you have already survived 35 shots.

Keep in mind that defense is taken away before crit and fire multiplier, so instead of a sniper crit doing 1000x2.5=2500, it would be 900x2.5=2250.

This is my understanding of it.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

and it's correct
    as I said (Djradnad said it too), the defence points reduce the base damage, so real damage reducement is higher, but you need to taky many shots to make equipping defence perks worth

6. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    SHIELD: STRENGTHS:

Best known counter for carronade aside from range, though carronade is dead... so this is probably a neutral
    If you get hit multiple times it may be better than shield ( defender or selfish fixer only)
    Slight counter to missiles.

CONS:

Not viable for low health builds.
    Worthless against items like railguns and mines ( though for mines you're better off with intelligence rather than sweeping.)
    Doesn't technically add health
    Carronade is a dead weapon, so the purpose of defense is kinda dead too.

HEALTH: PROS

increases lifespan much better than defense
    Viable on any build.
    You're helping your fixer get their achievements with that health that needs to be healed up, what a nice guy.
    Especially great on low health ships like speeder or enforcer, they need the extra health.

CONS:

Not the best counter for carronade, but once again, it's a dead weapon... so...
    I've heard railguns are prominent up there, so these 150s won't add much.

7. Djradnad

Lastly, don’t forget that fire dmg from flare, napalm, firebomb, Grenade and wildfire cuts through defense.

8. ShipCrusherCz

yeah, fire is dangerous, I once killed enemy with wildfire perk, although he recieved 0 splash damage from the torp:p

9. Djradnad

Yep same thing happens with grenade, but if my initial hit does 0 dmg they burn for less than 10dps which hasn’t killed anyone yet lol

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I did it lol, opponent had 1.4k HP, the nade tagged him for my leggy blast :p

PastelPiku likes this.
  11. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

The new perk is combining hp and def points. I wish that they combine HP and percentage of chance to be indestructable for xx minutes when get hits.