1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't take IT Any MORE :(

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 27 Jul 2018.

?

Do you Agree that Seal Club should be Banned for ever?

1. I Agree.

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. I Disagree

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Nope.

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Over of my ten friends started Seal Club and when I heard of that I lost so many Brain cells :confused::eek:

2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

If you're using a boat that's underleveled, why is it unfair for them to do so? Obviously their crew training didn't help their damage out ...

So you're mad that they're more skilled? Bahahahaha that's a new one

wreck your day likes this.
  3. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Jokes on you, you're not a developer and the real dev took effort to try and fix it, proof being the gear score changes despite its failure..which mean they realise that their hardwork have a flaw and its normal in a game especially one that doesn't have beta tester or just a small group of tester..

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Aug 2018
  4. xArrogance

Hahaha ... I'm not the one crying about stuff being unfair sooooo funny joke - me win long time

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Aug 2018
  5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

What is unfair about that? Seems like they had the same gear score as you did, the same level of weapons also. Only difference is they are more skilled and used better tactics.

Wasn't that the point of gear score matchmaking? So you'll be matched against people with the same "power", and the deciding factor will be skill? o_O

wreck your day and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  6. yomumma

yomumma New Member

Im sad that such experienced players can be matched against noobs. its unfair.
    i dont even win the best games i play, i enjoy the battle when its an even balance and all the players are similar skill level. its fun when you play against equals, not when you get squashed by giants.

perhaps events should use set loadouts with captain level disabled. A true match of skill.

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I cannot believe the level of bad language and abuse being used on this forum (inc one slang term which I hope the writer does not understand the true meaning of, but if they do I hope they get a permanent forum ban).

Please remember that this forum is read by minors. Take your bad language and abuse elsewhere. :mad:

benguin8, wcc634, Riddlerpaji and 7 others like this.
  8. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

The irony is the OP has made numerous threads about this over the past 3 months or longer and is still using an MK2 to sealclub newbies...

Joey who likes this.
  9. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Dude we are mad and sick of the Seal Club honestly I know the salt is everywhere but cmon it's true the MVPs just don't care they back up the Seal clubbers aka they are Seal clubbers but not Help I can't Swim he's actually helping us out here.

10. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

No offense but you guy never contribute using fixers and started doing it against noobs? If you really want to help in fixer, level it up and build items for it.

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yet another thread about seal clubbers. The Devs created Gear Score... The Devs said matchmaing is done by Gear Score. If EventMatchmaker(tm) is getting it wrong then Gear Score is wrong. If EventMatchmaker(tm) is not actually using Gear Score, like the Devs told us it was, then they have already confirmed Gear Score is wrong.

In other words, it's the Devs you need to be complaing to... to fix Gear Score.
    The Devs.
    Not the Players
    The Devs.
    Get it yet?
    I can repeat this... I've done it in at least 8 other threads.

Complain... To... The... Devs... about Gear Score... NOT about Seal Clubbing.

12. xArrogance

There is a bit of captain training advantage, but more often than not, they're just being outclassed by more skilled opponents.

They've adjusted for captain level in the hidden power score as best they can, but certain training advantages are too situationally specific ...

What if you're not using cannons, are fire bonuses still counted against them in power score? Or if you're using cannons but no flare or fire bomb, they get an advantage if a teammate lights an opponent on fire, so do the fire bonuses count against their power score then? What if they don't have teammates using fire? If you're fully trained for rail guns, would you count tesla shields bonuses they didn't select against them?

If you think it's gear score, pick a specific example (with screenshots) and state why you think it should be higher or lower. But, it looks like these "seal clubbers" are using the same weapons as everyone else now - and people are still complaining.

Last thing, infamy has nothing to do with events .. and I'm not sure why anyone would think that number alone is an advantage regardless.

Last edited: 29 Jul 2018
  13. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Screenshot_20180729-100842.png
    Seal clubbing actually isn't that easy in CTF... you can do lots of damage, but if your team doesn't want to work together you will still lose. In fact there was only one pair of seal clubbers I've seen who successfully seal clubbed; that was a speeder-fixer fleet that worked together like clockwork. Other individual seal clubbers (if there were any at all) didn't do well enough for me to notice.

Last edited: 29 Jul 2018
  14. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Infamy matters quite a lot imo... higher infamy generally means higher skill level. An mk2 at 1000 infamy will always outclass another who is at 200 infamy.

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I think that the reason that a lot of people wanted gear score matchmaking in the first place is so they could out-skill people :p