1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Event, what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 26 Jul 2018.

1. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

What I noticed from personal experience is when I fleet with person close ~ 1000 gearscore difference I get unusual combination warning and we get tough opponents and prob 2-3 enemy mk7's

2. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

If I use the Tier 1 Epic Turbo rather than my Tier 4 epic turbo, do you guys think i will get more even matches?

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Only one way to find out... Play 10-20 matches and write down all 9 other gear scores in the matches. See if they average out to be about your gear score.

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    1000 gear score is actually a lot, the MM matches both of you with the higher gear score so it’s harder

5. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

So for better cause it's best not to fleet with large gear score difference for fair matchmaking

6. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Yes, only fleet with super close gear score :)

7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

If you experience problems with the Matchmaking, please send some screenshots of the battles. The Devs tried to improve it, so they are working on it. Maybe it needs some more work, but they can only do see a problem if we provide the screenshots. So, please post them here.

Thanks in advance!

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Maybe it is a good Event to fit 2 turbos, now we cannot use our Overboost and Nitro when tugging the flag.

Anyone tried it? A mk5 Defender with 2 Shields and 2 turbos or 3 maybe?

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'd think Nitro/OB would be useful to cross the map more so than a low Tesla Shield?

10. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    :p:p
    You can’t use them while holding the flag.
    Stun and shield protect me while I bring the flag back.
    If I had mk 6 I would put a nitro on

11. N1mzor

N1mzor Active Member

Here you go, this is what I am up against.

Screenshot_2018-07-28-04-49-52.png

wreck your day likes this.
  12. Earel

Earel Active Member

One more time event for yellow boats: stun - nitro just before circle, ts - win. Nice game event. Any shooter/ defender cannot reach yellow boat after... combo. Thx Rovio. Make next event who run 100 meters first.
    Almost on all of maps yellow boat reach my flag zone faster than me! Madness!

13. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

I see no one helps me :( https://replay.battlebay.net/XBYVVYHX#KTXSQDJK how sad I always carry:( I done over 10k nearly every match like cmon I know coins matter but make me get per up with these morons please just no oh God please no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

14. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Overall great event! Other than coins being overly biased towards flag carriers, and base defenders recieving too little, this is one of the best events ever :) No one ship is weaker than another (even the infamous selfish fixer!), and these CTF games reward teamwork/strategy much more than TDM. Seal clubbing also doesn't give too much of an advantage, since you still need your team's support to win. Hope to see more of such events next time!

15. The Friendly Fixer

Ofc you are winning dude.

16. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Not always... sometimes your team just likes to do their own thing and let the enemy score flag after flag, while at other times it's just an endless tug of war, and everyone gets a congratulatory 3-6 coins for their 6 minutes of hard work.

17. The Friendly Fixer

I see :(

18. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Props on the event.. It's been a blast!

I'd longer respawn timers for each consecutive death and automatic end the match if either team goes +3 .. but that's just because coin farming and blowouts are alotta bit slow

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  19. DizzyBrah

DizzyBrah Member

Screenshot_2018-07-28-23-08-05.png

I am playing against a lot of nightmare players when I'm only around 3.2k infamy.

I read that they are not using infamy in matchmaking but these unfriends have tier 5 epics with 1k more gear score than I do.

The event is good fun when matches seem more balanced. Managed to capture the flag a few times!!

20. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Shout out to the devs. This event was awesome! My favorite by far. I hope it comes back soon :). As a personal thanks I brought my pearl diver back online after a long hiatus due to my hatred of the explosive cannon nerf.

Rocking defender I ground out 1200+ coins this weekend. I was sick from work for a couple of days so that helped add to the time I could play. I averaged 6 or 7 coins per round and I even had a couple of team losses where I pulled 8 coins. One battle I got 9 coins on a loss, more than any individual on the winning team!

Thanks again!

FearsomeChicken likes this.