1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic cells are now a huge problem for me. Help!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mr Meaner, 27 Jul 2018.

1. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

I've always wanted to have a full arsenal of weapons to choose from. So, I collected. Never scrapping epics ever. Even the ones I didn't even like. After a year I had saved quite the stockpile of epic items.

Along the way, I've been scrapping lvl 11 rares by the boatload. I knew eventually I would need them. Only the most dedicated players surely have scrapped more lvl 11s than me. Despite my enduring diligence, I am now at an epic standstill in my progression .

Screenshot_20180727-121717_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20180727-121808_Battle Bay.jpg
    I have all this gear, but only 7 cells to my name. Occasionally, I get an offer for 80 epic cells for like 8500 Pearl's or some goofy figure like that. Like seriously, after all my hard work and patience, I'm rewarded with the ultimate slap in the face...

With so many players similar in experience and playtime as me (I started global launch), I would imagine this is a problem nearly every NML player is facing.

Please... sell epic cells in the shop...

Btw, lvl 11 rare scraps often result in leggy cell rewards which is the equivalent of a kick in the balls...

Screenshot_20180727-123630_Battle Bay.jpg

2. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

Also, I recently scrapped a ton of epic mortars. Enough for a max big berta, and a 4.5 lrm.

3. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

I had to... I needed the cells..

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

i never had a problem with epic power cell , because i dont focus on epic items Screenshot_٢٠١٨-٠٧-٢٧-٢٠-٤٧-٤٨.png Screenshot_٢٠١٨-٠٧-٢٧-٢٠-٤٨-٣٤.png that is all of my epic items , don't think you will be able to evolve your epic items as fast as i evolve my rare items

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
    Ultrah and Mr Meaner like this.
  5. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

It's tough to get to NML with rares these days, much less trying to stay there.

My boat has full epics across the board. You really think I should build rares?

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  6. Kurd1stan.

no but scrap unwanted epic items , and i was on NML with only 2 epic items all others were rare items , but i dropped from NML because i didn't wanted to play with my speeder with all those mines there , and also it was tough but not that much that i couldn't stay at NML ,

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
    StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

To the OP, I started Same time and all, I find that focusing on one item to t5 at a time is the best, as well as buying parts boxes. Also I scrap rare weapons at 11 like you, and I scrap my yellow and green epics because it will take me a very long time to level up all of my weapons first.

My epic cells and my epic parts seem to come and go at the same time, so this is working for me

8. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I have come to terms that I can not horde for the future. You need to focus on a handful of items, and scrap the rest.

First, have no more than 1 extra of each weapon. What is the point of having 6 epic dupes if you do not have enough to get to lv11. I sat on 6 berthas and had to realize that I could not hold them and level my blast cannon (which I use every match) at the same time. I see you already have a T5 epic sniper, are you trying to get 2? Why keep those 3 extra? If you want a 2nd sniper, focus on that and ditch others.

Combine all to lv11 first which uses the least resources. Then save 1 extra. get rid of the rest to use to level. This clears inventory for the least cost too.

Dont worry about RNG now, focus on leveling some things and when they are done, you scrap those and level the next set. It should work out in the end.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Fair advice. RNG is important to deal with though.... as if you plan on using that item with 6 copies some day, there's zero guarantee you will get all those back...ever.

benguin8 likes this.
  10. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Can’t stress the importance of inventory.. if you are planning to play long enough to have all the items t5epic at least.

I have 100 spaces, but wish I had 300 lmao

11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

You can scrap the 6th dup of any weapon you won't use immediately. You can get the 6th back from the achievement at 1M damage.

I was in the same position, but, realistically, it would take 24 hours of crew switching or 600-some pearls to switch over to an enforcer properly (then 24 hours to switch back) ... So it may not be worth saving items for two different types of ships.

12. Kurd1stan.

I have no problem with adding it to the shop , but they will be sooooo expensive because scrapping a lvl 20 epic item will give 441 epic parts and only 5 power cells ,and epic parts are so expensive so imagine power cells 441/5=88.2, it won't be 88x of epic parts but it will be expensive.

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Scrapping a L11 epic would give you 5 power cells too fyi .. it gives you half of what you spent when scrapping other epics