1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Great Event !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dobson, 26 Jul 2018.

1. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    9288A8C6-DF02-4916-A366-3EAF57FC59AC.png 7B1D49CF-CBB1-4074-B5F2-BF69CDA4ED66.png
    Finally I feel like Han Solo, the fastest smuggler in the galaxy.
    The added fun is trying to not even shoot once but shooting for passing the time as waiting own teammates to return our flag so the capture chimes in ;)

It’s so much fun and especially good for cunning and sneaky play.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Haha 374 damage with 10 coins. You know your teammates with 40k+ damage and 7 coins were pissed. Bravo

3. HumpD 414

HumpD 414 New Member

This event is horrible

4. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    Thats the greatest thing about it, an event where dealing dmg is secondary :)

5. Dobson

Dobson Member

Marketing Lead
    77426337-B397-4670-982A-DCDB673A08F8.png
    Special kudos to one of my heroes Bittersteel who intercepted every enemy thief squadron and made it possible to deliver Daily Mail on time

Nam_Nam, Shadow Moon! and BITTERSTEEL like this.
  6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

You know he was bitter about that one...

You should put together a highlight reel of your Ninja Flag-Carrying Skillz.

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Dobson...you are part of the developer team correct?

Jaws

8. Grissle

Grissle New Member

Flag carries are weighted too high. Speeders will naturally get to the flag faster and get more carries. You shouldn't be rewarded for carries that dont get capped.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Considering half my teammates don't understand that you have to capture a flag to win, I don't mind the extra incentive to have them actually try to ... wait for it ... capture the flag.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's dangerous to go alone, here, take @MilleniumPelican
    -Discord probably​

Nam_Nam, PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Had a great runs earlier today with @Keane_Shatter. Dual speeder fleet seems to work perfectly. Also tactics and teamwork have the biggest role in this event. :)

Screenshot_2018-07-28-12-40-44-969_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-28-12-53-10-013_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-28-13-00-17-880_com.rovio.battlebay.png

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I love playing speeder + shooter, then you can focus on capture while your shooter defends. Coin distribution heavily favors the speeder tho. I might start handing off the flag to my shooters if they're close to the capture.

Nam_Nam, Kurd1stan. and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  13. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

I’ll be honest when this event first started, I was not a fan of it, I actually thought it was horrible. Vented to my guild about it, and got some good feedback/advice from them. Now, I think this is by far the best event yet. Some games I try to capture, some games I defend, every game I’m having a blast! ....and it helps when you’re fleeting with @BITTERSTEEL ;)

6C924485-5539-45F8-8001-D7ADCC30CEFD.png AB41B718-B4B7-4AC9-9A5C-33B1C6442871.png 00A67A2F-B62B-492C-A714-4E0321304E9A.png

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I no longer feel bad about my teammates. I give them 60 seconds to prove themselves. If I find that everyone is slacking off, I simply start farming damage, because this is a team mode, and without my team, I'm just a squishy speeder.

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It is really important that the team splits 2/3 for capture and defend, but I've found teams don't really know how to split responsibilities... we need some commands for that.

It has been much more interesting than any other event, and it took a day or two for players to "get it" but when they did the matches became interesting. There is some really interesting strategies to be had with boat type, items, fleeting, by map, etc. A little better coin balancing would help for next time.

16. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I think this is a very good event as the players get more creative. If we can get 50% more coins due to the length of battle would be great. I also created a thread about coins distribution after battle because this event is a team battle.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/event-rewards.21187/

17. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

o_O:mad::(

:p

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. FreeStylii

FreeStylii New Member

Good job dobson!
    Screenshot_2018-07-29-10-30-28-233_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    I was useless for my team at this level :D

Dobson likes this.
  19. Dilligaf

Dilligaf Member

Only speeders and enforcers would've liked ctf. Seriously the worst event ever for every other boat type. The bias against non yellows was astounding. Matches vs 4 or 5 yellows was common, usually with only one or none on my team. Was almost impossible to get any decent coins.

If you could get 10 coins without capturing yourself, then it'd be fine. The concept was fun, but constantly smashing the enemy flag carrier so your team can capture and only getting 5 coins really sucked.

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I play speeder so I usually get more caps than my shooters and defenders. If they seem to be doing a good job defending, I just give them the flag lol.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.