1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

They should rename the Events in 'Seal Clubbers Paradise'

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 20 Jul 2018.

1. Sk1llsaw

Sk1llsaw New Member

Like flint said it is a farming frenzy for high level players to gain more of an advantage by farming tokens to buy leg perks. Devs dont have the stones to ban players from the number 2 guild tho.. so it will just continue

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

you know what would help? announce that it is prohibited to exploit the system in the way they do it, then give few "exemplary bans" to those who would continu and then give warning that anyone who will ever do it again will be perma-banned, no mercy, no possibility of ban removal etc.
    it may sound too cruel but it's imo only way of stopping this

3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Certainly there is an exploit going on, but the devs have clarified much earlier that players aren't prohibited to artificially manipulate their gearscore. So outright banning people is a no go, especially when the devs don't consider it an exploit.

How did the devs reach this conclusion? Because it was assumed that gearscore would be a 100% fair weightage to a player's power. In an ideal scenario, nobody can be considered as clubbing because everyone would have around the same "power". But this didn't work out as expected, because every item class is given the same gearscore as other classes.

For example, a tier 4 epic small shield has the same gearscore as tier 4 epic blast cannon. Sounds fair? Not really, because that blast cannon can far outperform the value of a standard shield in a match (dmg vs hp), in other words, weapons always give a higher "power value" than static blue items, and even yellow items.

Again, this is not a problem if everyone in a match uses tier 4 items across the board, the problem starts when a senior player, with access to all tier 4 items, begins to swap out their blue/yellow items for unleveled rare or commons. This artificially drops their gearscore, so that they get matched with unsuspecting newbie players with full tier 2 items (possible exaggeration, but u get the idea). And since weapons perform better than all other items, the senior player would have a great advantage over the newbie guys.

And this gearscore "imbalance" also affect ship mks, and quite noticably perks as well. Perks are given way too much gearscore for the value they provide, so again seniors can just drop off perks/dumb it down to reduce their gearscore, to meet newbies with powerful perks on lower tier weapons.

The only way to address this is a rework on gearscores for each items class, perks, and ship mks. Only after everything obtains a gearscore reflecting its true power, can this issue be solved.

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I have explained to you exactly what the Devs need to properly look at the issue (eg a battle result screen which still shows the battle ID, and a paragraph about why you considered it unfair). If you wish to help yourself and others, then follow those instructions. If you want the problem to continue, then disregard what I’ve written.

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

This was an unfair match, people who have mk5, mk6 or even mk7 ships and have Infamy upwards to 3000 or 4000. They lower their Gearscore to het a mk1, 2 or,3, just like happened here.

People with T1 and T2 uncommon and rare Gear are being matched up with T4 and T5 Epic and legendary. That is how it has been from day 1! You can tell the genuine mk2 or mk3 players fro, their weapons, all the others are Seal clubbers. And although we won, it should not be like that.

I have seen mk1 players with 20 battle and level 1 or 2 common weapons get killed by rare or epic T4 and T5 weapons or even legendary. Some sunk more than 10 boats on his own, truthfully it could have been 1 vs 5 and still he would win. Hope I can get screenshots from those battles also.

5vs5z.jpg

Last edited: 22 Jul 2018
  6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Please can you add your description about why the matchmaking was unfair. I know it’s a bit obvious in this example, but it is what they’ve asked for.

7. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Seal clubbers need to be banned. Not get their rewards reduced.

Due to seal clubbers, new players are leaving and thus reducing potential MONEY! they deserve a permanent ban. Anything that reduces the amount of money you earn merits a permanent ban. Must start cracking down on SCs, suiciders, etc. could boost money earned by a high amount.

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

sorry, what I said was probably confusing (I was chatting with someone so I was not fully concentrated)
    I wanted to say that it would be effective to just add some mantinels and announce this change and also announce that there will be punishements (few days bans at start) for breaking the new rules
    then after some time (or after someone breaks the rules many times) start with bigger punishements-week bans, perma-bans, banning them from playing events etc. if they refused to follow the new rules
    I admit that this won't happen because devs don't seem to be really trying to fix this issue, they're rather trying to "improve" (screwed it up this time imho) the matchmaking algorythm to reduce the probability of having exploiters in battles with newbies and mid level players
    this would also hit hardly many NM and ace players and definitely also payers so I doubt that they'll make any significant changes to the rules
    what I suggested could work if devs wanted to end this crazy BS, you would still be allowed to use lower mk ships, but only with proper level of items (maybe also make some crew trainings reductions in events when using lower mk ships to even further reduce advantages of those exploiters) and these levels would be visible to everyone so it would be safe to use lower mk ship with good intention(s):)

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

You guys are still missing the point. If matches are by Gear Score yet they are obviously not fair, it means that Gear Score needs to be adjusted.... nothing more.

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I have edited the text from the previous post, hope it is clear now.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Very true!

12. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. SirName

SirName Member

If the cheaters are paying there's no way they will get banned

14. envylife

No one is cheating Gear Score. That number comes from the Devs. If you have a problem with those numbers, fill out a support ticket. I'm baffled why they haven't fixed Gear Score yet.

15. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

wreck your day likes this.
  16. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Well,I just tried my mk3 fixer just for the event.I thought "Let's give it a try".But that's not seal clubbing.Other than this fixer,Im playing fairly with my shooter and speeder.
    I'm sure.:confused::mad:;)

wreck your day likes this.
  17. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Bruh you was in your defender

18. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I agree that someone with mk6/7 mains shouldn't be able to seal club mk2-3s .. nor should there be an incentive for leaving boats underleveled.

The easiest way to fix this is to prevent people from entering events with a boat more than 1 tier lower than the highest tier they can upgrade to.

Gear score (with some minor adjustments) should keep the matches relatively balanced afterwards.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Or just match by gear.

Commons: matched with commons and uncommons for items, maybe low rares.
    Uncommons: matched with uncommons, a few commons, rares, and maybe low level epics
    Rares: matched with a few uncommons, rares, and maybe moderate ( 20-30) level epics.
    Epics: matched with rares and epics, maybe low level leggys
    Leggys: matched with epics and leggys.

NOTE: the maybe refers to the strength of your ( rarity) items so if you have, say, a level 30 uncommon, you will get matched with people that have low level epics

20. envylife

yes.... then assign a Score to the Gear, then use that for matchmaking? :D

Seriously though, it's more than just tier of gear... it's level, it's training, its perks. All that's already rolled up into a DPS calculation for most weapons.

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.