1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I pay $10/mo.. I don't feel like VIP

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Aquatic Thunder, 15 Jul 2018.

1. Aquatic Thunder

Aquatic Thunder Member

I mean what are we really buying with this that makes it worth 10 dollars..
    - My gold/sugar are usually capped so that extra 20% resources goes to waste.
    - VIP chat is cool but i spend more time in guild chat
    - The "free crate" is false advertisement... it should be called "Advertisement (free) free crate".. because once per day we already have free crate just gotta watch a short video..
    - In my opinion the three quest selections for rivalry is really the only good feature thats worth it..
    ---------------
    What I think VIP membership should be?:
    - I think VIPs should be able to train/ retrain crew simultaneously.
    - 50 free pearls/day (very debatable but i feel some pearl compensation should be part of the package)
    - Have the ability to reset quest one additional time per day.. many times id reset my quest just to have another undesirable quest... often worse than the original.
    - This would be a awesome Idea.... a VIP SHOP!!!. Smaller shop with additional resources at higher quantity.. maybe put event perks in there?
    These are just some of my ideas because currently I feel like I'm paying to be VIP for very little in return.. voice your opinions if you agree or disagree or have any ideas you'd like to contribute.

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Maybe like two crew members can traintra a time, 25 free pearls a day, more care package rewards, four extra items in the shop, and one exclusive sugar -> gold or gold -> sugar trade option each day.
    I don't think event perks should be in a shop. It's named "event" perk for a reason.

3. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    While there needs to be more stuff for VIP players, I think you’re asking for a little too much. There are already a lot of complaints that the game is becoming too p2w.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

The original posters idea is a start. So far VIP is a waste of money. I multiple times let mine expire because it offers so little in return for the $10 a month.

My challenge to devs is for them to earn the $10 a month. Original poster is right. It needs to be more.

I personally have spent over $5000 on the game. Multiple players like me in the past to multiple in the future will spend more money if offer seems worth it. Vip. Currently. Not worth it.

Jaws

TheAntiSnipe and Aquatic Thunder like this.
  5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The main attraction of VIP is the 50% battle rewards bonus without waiting for the game to end after death, and no ads to watch. This alone would almost double the speed of you getting rss compared to f2p.

But yea I do agree that VIP needs a little something extra to justify the cost, I'd say instant crew retrainings (yes u read that right) and maybe 20 pearls a day will sweeten the deal very much, without really affecting f2p players.

Edit : an extra quest reset per day would go a long way too

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

IMO VIP should get something tangible in the form of extra Premium Boxes, extra Pearls, extra Market refreshes, extra Quests/Quest Rerolls... something that actually adds to progression. Extra Quest and not watching ads isn't much of a progression helper, and for the cost of 2 month VIP you can get an Epic Container... We could argue which is actually more valuable. As it sits now it's worth about 1/2 of the price... which I'd do every month... but at the current rate I've done it once every 4 months.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
    Aquatic Thunder and *JAWS* like this.
  7. Aquatic Thunder

Aquatic Thunder Member

Very true in any other video game becoming a VIP typically helps the speed of progression and overall power level for those who are willing to pay.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

As a subscriber, I have to agree, my satisfaction level with the service is pretty low.

I mostly keep it going so that I can skip adverts. Though I see that more as ‘removing a nuisance’ than ‘adding value’. And I feel I’m paying way over the odds for it, when most games let you skip adds forever for like $2.50.

Skipping adds can be a valuable time saver, but only if your grinding out a lot of games in a row. If I’m busy and don’t have time to play much (as was the case last week), then it makes no difference time-wise.

VIP chat isn’t as good as Chill Zone. Just as many regulars there (f2p and p2p), and much more likely to find custom games running.

Extra guild quest sounds good, but half the time I don’t have a good quest to use it on. And the rivalry matchmaking is so unfair, it makes little difference.

20% faster training is decent, but you still have the same problem of not being able to retrain anything for days, and if training ends when you’re not online, then you start losing value.

Free shop refresh is a worthless.

What I’d most like to see from VIP is free perk swaps and crew retraining. I’d also like to see some more leeway with inventory. I’ve already posted a suggestion for a ‘VIP inventory’ tab (and it was a good suggestion). If you’re paying for subscription, you should be able to forego these kind of inconveniences.

Another good feature would be better access to stats, and to your full replay history.

9. baysider

baysider Active Member

its well worth it if you plan to spend pearls to speed up crew training since it gives -20% training time but other than that its not really worth it and thats why i cancelled mine

if speeding up the training isn’t a big deal for you then i think that using the $10 on a couple pearl divers is better for the money

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
  10. envylife

Ha, maybe?? My fear is that I reach level 50 before I have more than one T5E item, and that's only 4 levels away. If I pay for sped up training only to feel like an overtrained noob, what value did I really get? This is why I think item progression should be part of the VIP package.

11. Aquatic Thunder

Aquatic Thunder Member

Yeah im canceling my subscription until it actually becomes worth it. I believe i lost over $60 for these small benefits.. would've been better spending on pearls.. or not spending at all

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. envylife

What would the Pearls get you? Sure for the cost of 2 months' subscription you can buy enough pearls for an Epic Container, but I've only received a single keeper item out of 5 Containers thus far... and I'm starved for Epic items. :)

13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

but in BB , you aren't skipping ads , you are getting more reward without watching an ad , when in other games ads are like pop-ups you have to see if you are not buying VIP .
    let's be realistic that is way too much
    four extra items in the shop ?

14. baysider

baysider Active Member

well perhaps you aren’t very concerned about speeding up training times but for someone who is it’s worth it to pay the $10 to get six full days worth of training over the course of the month. (that is if you are constantly training) what that is worth in pearls is well worth the $10.

15. envylife

That is true...The pearl cost of speeding up training is exorbitant... no one actually recommends that is a good use of pearls.

16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Problem with all the.... it speeds up training concept as the reason to do this....

What happens when you are captain level 50 and maxed training? There is zero reason to keep VIP.

Also the concept of skipping vids and more rewards....again not needed. U will hit skip vid button.

End game this hasn't been thought thru. And shows VIP isn't delivering enough. It needs more.

Jaws

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  17. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

it is costly but it skips a lot of time , it is worth it for me , and i recommend that over a premium chest .

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  18. Big steel

Big steel New Member

I agree with aquatic thunder on all those you said ... being VIP does not give enough advantage in my opinion just to save time ... but I'm in no hurry .. so apart from advertisements I do not see ... I just unsubscribed because I get to level 50 I'm full of gold and full of sugar nothing to wait ... in this regard I have a suggestion to submit: when we arrive at level 48 we do not need any more gray parts or modules of gray energies, it's been a long time since we have these weapons anymore so it'll be nice to be able to convert them into pieces / energy modules of higher level ditto for parts / green modules ... here I do not know if it is possible but would really remove these two colors when you pass the level 48 ... another reason why I unsubscribe, in my guild several no one is not VIP and we start after me they have more legendary weapon than me ... and they are not P2W kind .. I'm not jealous, so much the better for them, but I thought I had this advantage by being VIP, this is not the case .I would wait for a MAJ for re-subscribed

19. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I like the VIP but it just needs to offer 1 or 2 things extra to make it worth it, such as 2 extra shop items plus possibly blue boxes for rewards instead of green for a greater number of stars.

20. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I concur with the complaints. The mention of end game is a big one. I'm not there yet but eventually. Training boosts do nothing for me unless Rovio also gives a boost in sugar somehow. Some other suggestions:

-Maybe give a chance to reopen crates? Like "keep or discard and open a new one"? Still keeps RNG.
    -Allow me to set quests to all gold, or all sugar
    -Increase the % of good stuff by 5 or 10%
    -Free daily 1x boosts should be tripled or give me at least a 5x a day
    -Free daily crates can be doubled too. Still would be meh but it is more. In fact just make free crates and boosts timers shorter, like 6 or 8 hours.
    -VIP should provide a 10 or 20% discount on all shop gold purchases.
    -VIP sugar and gold converter! Access to Dr. Buzzkills secret lab where he has the ability to convert gold into sugar and sugar into gold!

ScrapKing likes this.