1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tesla Bolt has pretty much died off

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 23 Jun 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Tesla stun is only viable at end game. 16 sec CD 16 sec. You can further reduce its cooldown by applying item cooldown perks you get less CD and less stun duration. Honestly who keeps stun for 16 sec on except it is on fixer.

2. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    20 sec cooldown,damage remove stuns,repair bolt removes stun....not much useful except 1 vs 1 or 2vs 2 tdm

3. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

Meh. My infamy has been all over the place these past few days, and I've seen my fair share of tesla bolts from my lowest to my highest.

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

tesla bolt was OP , and now it is balanced
    there aren't t9o much tesla bolt users because
    events: full of shooters ,less yellow boat
    enforecer's OPness : some players are using double bubble enforcer
    mine : there are mine spammer speeders (need 2 N2O to ruin the game more and more with spamming )
    mine : more players are using mine (like 90% of enforcers ) and many shooters (that kills speeders )
    bad team : which shoots players who got stunned )
    in 2 vs 2 you can make it 2 vs 1 even if you can be killed in 1 shoot and the game was gonna be 1 vs 2
    . and for the repair bolt it is OP , it removes the stun and the frost and it heals a lot and it has a fast CD(based on what i see in battles ) ( they should make it 2 slot item again , but then (maybe just maybe)
    fixers will switch from (pulse double bolt ), to (tape double bolt ) that make it the same but harder.

5. Shadow Moon!

Stun was balanced now its broken like frost. It used to be go to item for any speeder before the CD nerf.
    There are far too many counters for stun viz. Stun Resistance, Damage break, Tesla Shield, Repair Bolt, Long Cooldowns.
    Stun and frost used to be good in team fights now they are good only in 1v1 or 2v1/2v2 situations( which I call broken).
    Because every other item is viable in all situations.

6. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Stun wasn't balanced imo. Before the nerf speeders just shoot flare, blast and then stun the target and repeat until target dies. That was op and wasn't has any difficulty.
    So current tesla bolt is pretty balanced than old one but still it needs an improvement. Here is my idea: Tesla bolt should deal a damage when stun is broken. That damage based on every remaining stun duration on target. 50 damage for 1 secs(can be upgraded to 70 with talents). For example say your bolt has 12 secs stun duration. You stunned an unfriend and when 5 secs remaining you or teammates broke it, target will take 350 damage. With that you can choose bolt for improve your damage instead of stun.

7. Kurd1stan.

no it wasn't balanced (for me ), just understand what it means to make a player useless for , only your team make tesla bolt useless , in a speeder vs 2 was actually a speeder vs 1 .

8. Kurd1stan.

no it doesn't need any improvement , if an item got nerfed hard and that nerf was needed to make it balanced ,this doesn't mean we should buff it a bit , it is balanced now so leave it balanced;),
    and for your idea :lets say a speeder stuns you with T5E bolt and then he shoot you as fast as he can (lets say 11 sec left × 70 =770 damage ) a yellow item that deals 770 damage , and yellow items don't deal damage , green items dont deal damage , red item dont heal ...

*JAWS* likes this.
  9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The main problem that stun has, is that other players cannot resist breaking the stun.
    This is the No1 cause of stuns ending. It could still be viable if players didn't break it IMO .
    And having stun broken often leaves the 'stunner' vulnerable to receiving significant damage.
    If stun could not be broken, but players could not receive damage whilst stunned (ie the behaviour you would hope for when you stun someone) then stun would make a comeback, as denying someone the ability to cause damage is very powerful.

10. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Firstly T5E items are very hard to get and if you broke stun as fast as you can that means you didn't used tesla bolt like a yellow item, you used it like a red item. 750 damage for 16 secs cooldown is a very very weak for a T5E item. I just boost damage of bolt users, im not giving them an additional red slot.

11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Your thinking is absolutely wrong.
    If item was nerfed hard and it was deserved and nowadays nobody uses it, it's not balanced. The term you're looking for is UNDERPOWERED. And that is as far from being balanced as being overpowered was.
    Just look at the last item popularity snapshot and you'll see yourself.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2018
    *JAWS*, ShipCrusherCz and Hokuse like this.
  12. Kurd1stan.

Like i said yellow items don't deal whatever happen

13. Kurd1stan.

Iam against the idea of buffing an item because it is usedless if it is balanced , gear lube is underused but iam planing to build one to used it instead of my bandage because it is so useful on a shooter .

14. Shadow Moon!

No other team can block, remove stun as easy as my team. Those counters are repair bolt and tesla shield.

15. Shadow Moon!

And the game isn't vs 2 or vs 1 either. Consider scenarios in 5v5 not 1v1 1v2 2v1 or 2v2 because item needs to be balanced in 5v5 considering all possibilities.

Hokuse likes this.
  16. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Tessa bolt has become worthless. To the thought that I get surprised if I get stunned in a game now. Same with being frosted.

T.Bolt and all frost cannon, and frost launchers need buffed.

Or they will remain in the dusty heap of my inventory bin.where I consider do I want to scrap it for parts.

Jaws

17. Kurd1stan.

like i said repair bolt is OP , and tesla shield cant remove tesla bolt , tesla bolt removes the shield
    i know but there are events , and in 5 vs 5 it will be 5 vs 4 (especially when you stun a fixer ) , before you could stun a player (it become 5 vs 4) after the his 15s (if it is a T5E) you can stun another one (to avoid the resistance) and repeat , and if your team remove it that is because of your team not the item.

18. Kurd1stan.

with all that said a little buff will be acceptable ( but a little buf )
    like : if tesla bolt hits a tesla shield then that will remove the shield + it will stun him for (tesla bolt duration- remaining duration of tesla shield)
    that is also a nerf for tesla shield (because it really need a nerf )

19. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

maybe at high level only slight buff but at low/mid level it's died off because the cooldown is too long (lvl 1 common has 2.5 second stun but 20 second cooldown, lvl 1 rare has 3.8 second stun and 20 second cooldown)
    when you consider too long cooldown when compared with stun duration (at low levels and lower rarities), stun resistance and the fact that at low/mid level majority of players will break your stun regardless of whether they can target someone else or not and this renders it at low/mid (infamy, captain and also item levels) completely useless as you would do much better with nitro or OB
    maybe slight buff for high level tesla bolts but big buff for low/mid level ones because the nerf was too harsh (and devs should about everyone when balancing something, not only those NM, especially top 50 players because nerf made to item which makes it balanced for those can/will make that item useless for low/mid players and those don't have many similary leveled up alternatives to replace nerfed to death item/items)

20. Shadow Moon!

Dude, just shield up and tesla bolts effect is nullified. Get it? You can block a T5L tesla bolt with T1C Tesla Shield and vice versa.