1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

nerf repair pulse

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by baysider, 15 Jul 2018.

1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

So many ways to counter double pulse fixers :

1)Let's say you're scared to hunt down the fixer in melee range, just spam your firebombs (most shooters carry 2 firebombs, its hell for pulse fixers)

2)Let's say you don't have firebombs, just spam your big torps into all those lovely free kills clumped together with the fixer. If the fixer doesn't die, some of his mates will.

3)Let's say you're a mean defender, just shoot your flare at the fixer, the -40% heals together with fire bonus dmg for cannons means bye bye to the fixer.

Bottom line is, just shoot whatever u got at the fixer, don't ignore it while its healing up its mates, and you're good to go.

wreck your day and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

No, Flare.

It’s harder to use than you may think

3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Nerf repair pulse

Hmmmm interesting idea.

No need to hunt fixer at the back of the team???

Hell no!!!

I like hunting fixer at the back of the team.

Btw, when u say nerf RP u want the healing, radius or cooldown reduce?

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Wrong. It requires very careful positioning.

The radius isn't big, so you have to be close to your allies to be able to heal them. However, sitting on top of your allies all the time is just about the worst thing you can do, as you're guaranteed to get blown up by area damage. So to play best, you have to be close enough to your allies to position youself in such a way that you can pulse multiple people at once, yet far enough to not take the splash of everything tha gets shot at them. Maintaining that in a fast moving battle is not easy, at all.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Pulse is not OP, and marks the fixer as a target even when the fixer isn't visible. You can healblock a pulse by 60% with flare and frost, or stun a fixer using pulse for 13 seconds, or out-burst them, or spam firebombs at them. So many options other than nerfing the last item preventing fixers from going "full-selfish"

ShipCrusherCz and Ackoroth like this.
  6. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Wow, I think I would have assumed your healing would have gone down when you made that change. Did you need to make changes in the yellow items you used to help get you in position? Did it require a big change in your play style?

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Let's nerf RP and turn all Fixer to the Duct Side.

2duss7.jpg

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  8. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    The only thing I changed was the pulse. I had to get close to teammates more often, but I did learn to use my pulses better as I used to activate it away from my teammates a lot for self healing. The change also allows for more time dealing damage instead of having to aim at your teammates a lot.

9. baysider

baysider Active Member

cooldown is probably best since the issue isn’t single pulse but double pulse

10. baysider

baysider Active Member

double pulse is lazy and effortless thats why its op

11. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It's not effortless. You have to try to get into a position where you won't be targeted by the enemies yet close enough to slk your teammates to heal them. Perhaps you've never tried playing fixer, but it's not easy to do so when fixer is always the enemies' main target.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.