1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Burning damage perk for canons

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by PeterNorth, 14 Jul 2018.

1. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

hi Guys,

I’m just starting to add these burning perks to my sniper, reg canon and exp cannon. I actually run 1 level 50 epic sniper, another rare level 50 sniper (about to get a leg sniper from achievement so will be running that w tdms) and exp cannon epic level 40. Question I have is: which type of canon is best for burning perks if I run a firebomb and flare gun ie my opponents are always on fire. I realize all of them is prob the best answer but if you only have one or two, what’s the best one to put on first and second? Thanks

2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

fire perks for cannons are most useful on cannons with high base damage (x% from high base is of course better than the same % from low base, you know this but still good to mention) so they'r awesome on blast cannon (blast) and explosive cannon (ex cannon)
    ex cannon or blast+flare gun is current meta because of the insane burst damage adainst everything (except for enforcers with two tesshields)
    if you don't ex cannon or blast then use them on highest damage (without perks) cannon in your setup-in this case the epic lvl 40 ex cannon
    use of fire perks on sniper cannons is pointless because their normal damage is low (so boosting it with fire perks is not as good as boosting ex cannon's damage) but they are awesome with maxed crit chance (45% at max) because they can do 2k+ on crit hit and that's awesome when you consider its projectile speed and range

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  3. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Great points! Thank you. Your comment made me think about sniper set up. Currently use 2 crit chance and 2 crit damage on my epic cannon, all epic perks. Bc of this setup my crit chance is written as 30%. Damage is 2000-2200 when it crits. Do you favor more crit chance and less crit damage or do I have a good balance?

Now that I have a leg sniper, only have 3 spots for perks so have to figure out which crit damage/chance perks are the best to use. Thoughts?

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I think 3 crit chance and 1 crit damage is best (or the frost cannon perk). I would use 3 crit chance perks for 3 perk slots for more consistency.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I used sniper only as fixer weapon and I had only rare crit chance perks and only t2 epic sniper so I'm not real sniper user but I think I may help you somehow
    I think that there are much better advisors than me when it comes to sniper cannons but I will still share my thoughts
    few questions you need to answer to yourself when you want to decjde which perks you want to use:
    • do you have enough perks? enough epic crit chance and crit damage perks
    • do you prefer higher damage per crit shot (one or more crit damage perks) or lower damage but more often (one or no crit damage perks)?
    • do you have all sniper cannon crew skills that are available for you?
    maths can be done (and it's easy) to figure optimal perks setup for maximalized damage (huge damage with really low chance is theoretically worse than not that high damage but with big chance), I will add it soon (btw if you want really accurate calculations then you need to contact TheAntiSnipe because he is our Battle Bay math god:))

I need to know your sniper cannon base damage and your crew skills to do the calculations

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

What level is your Epic sniper? A Legendary at Lv10 matches the damage of an Epic Lv40, but as you know it lacks the fourth perk slot. It is a straight upgrade over your Rare though.

The general consensus for Snipers is to use all crit percentage perks as you want the 2.5x crit damage to hit as often as possible.
    Put your burning damage perks on the Explosive Cannon, especially if you roll with both Flare and Firebomb, to maximize your burst damage.

Spinners71 and ShipCrusherCz like this.