1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Our BB Journey

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Gipsy Danger Jaeger, 14 Sep 2017.

1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Lol chill. You're not the only person who's experienced this. I was once there too. I may or may not have quit for a few months because I kept losing (don't do that). But then I came back, and then saw that surprise surprise I was facing people with better gear than me, since I was inactive for a while. But I still kept playing, and finally broke the terrible matchmaking zone. After that, the game got a lot more enjoyable and now I'm an mk5 in Ace.

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    You might be a little more helpful for @ShipCrusherCz because you just got out of the crap zone :p

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I think that you'r right but I also one person that might help me and can communicate with me in language similar to mine and has higher infamy than you, think that he might help me even more

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. ShipCrusherCz

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Here's my suggestion:

First, try to settle on a ship or two that you ENJOY playing, not just because it gets you to the highest infamy. This might take a while for most people, but considering the fact that you've experienced will all ships, it should take too long. And then build upon that ship or two.

For one, since you enjoy playing it, it'll keep you motivated to keep playing.
    Also, this way, you would progress faster, since you would not have to upgrade a large variety of different items.

Then once you get to level 30, make sure you have another item to fill in the slot of the new slot that will be available at mk5, then upgrade that ship to mk5.

I don't know about other people, but once I got to mk5, my infamy started to become more stable, sometimes going up or down, but not by that much. But there will be times when you're having a particularly bad day, but those infamy drops aren't too hard to recover from. Then there are particularly good days when you increase infamy by a lot. Usually afterwards, you'll drop a couple of infamy, but overall, your infamy should increase from when you started. That's how eventually crossed 2k then made it to Ace.

6. ShipCrusherCz

@StrictSalmon307 @SeaNavy
    I doubt that it's good idea to push higher with my current level of items, fleeted with guy from my friend list (was fleeting with him during last event)
    and we had battles like this
    Screenshot_20180710-182211.png Screenshot_20180710-183309.png Screenshot_20180710-183749.png Screenshot_20180710-184201.png
    don't even see logic in team balance...
    :(:mad:
    I feel like punching bag every time they shoot at me their frigging t3+ rares, blasts doing 1k+ damage, 1k damage sniper crits etc.

7. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    A little more off topic, and much longer than most of the other posts, so I'll store it in a spoiler! More of a interesting moments/pictures in my BB career post. I don't really have much of a 'journey' in any particular ship or build since I kept changing it.
    wreck your day
    Est. October 2017

Screenshot_20171015-133340.png
    Together!
    One of my earliest screenshots. Good fun trashing the AI and newbs (I had another account back then so I had some experience)
    I made that old account about 3-4 years ago during the beta days, when there was a fusing system (no powercells!), stars were actually useful, guilds were practically pointless to be in, everything was in caps... ah the good old days :rolleyes: The 'peak' of that account was a long long time ago when railgun was first added and did full damage at point blank range so it was devilishly OP. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately since I had... a bit of a bad reputation in the global chat :p) the battery of the device that I was playing on got so bad that it literally didn't have enough power to turn on even when plugged in so that was the end of that account. 2-3 years later I still remembered BB so I came back :)

Screenshot_20171023-105654.png
    "Nailed it; aced it; can't be stopped!" - sl1pg8r
    I used to get 1st place when the season ended quite a lot during my mk1-3 days... Not anymore! Currently lounging around 95/96 place :p

Picture_20171025_131041885.jpg
    Minefield!
    I got to about 500 infamy with an mk1 shooter, and about 800 with an mk2 one! Forgot about mk3 and 4.

Screenshot_20171103-221152.png
    Fix fix fix! Still love the ol' fixer days
    Speaking of fixer, here's my BB journey in terms of ships!
    Started Shooter at mk1
    Well well! This thing shoots
    Started Fixer at mk3
    Only ship to heal people!
    Started Speeder at mk4
    Need for speed
    Started Enforcer at mk4
    Enfo dance! Peekaboo
    Stopped Fixer at mk4
    Gear too weak (and I later made the rash decision of scrapping all my rare dupes -_-)
    Stopped Shooter at mk4
    Too slow for meeee
    Stopped Speeder at mk5
    Too fast for meeee (and this doesn't dance :()
    The future
    Start Fixer again at mk5/6
    "Fixing... Myself" - Sewah

Screenshot_20171210-221411.png
    Desperation: the old fleeting guild quest
    The sole reason why I upgraded my defender to mk2.

Picture_20180401_180926365.jpg
    2.9.3/4
    Shark! Infamy? MaTChmAkiNG!?!

Screenshot_20180512-155618.png
    ALL HELL DUCT!
    My only good battle with selfish fixer. But those ducts are still at their infancy...

Screenshot_20180524-190612.png
    Update hype!
    A torrent of messages in chill zone.

Screenshot_20180623-213206.png
    Yay lucky number 888
    Wish I had kept a screenshot of my 69% crit chance grenade...

Now, I'm a full-time:
    Picture_20180511_190339492.jpg

Plan to switch out one of my blast cannons for a swift torp, and continue upgrading my ducts. I wonder what I would be in a few months to come!

8. Chris Krahn

Chris Krahn Member

I'm working my way to mk6, but this is my set up so far. I know it's the typical build for an enfo but by golly does it work Screenshot_20180712-094246.png

9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

When you hit Mk6 and get to strap your turbo on you're going to feel like you're flying.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Chris Krahn

Chris Krahn Member

Dude, I am so excited to hook my mk 6 up, I'm hoping to be able to upgrade my ts to mk 5 too

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, now I know who to stay the hell away from;)jks I'm gonna go full on tryhard when I run into you:p

12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The current loadouts for me:

20180712_fixer.jpg 20180712_shooter.jpg
    That extra Legendary perk is for Mines. :(

13. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

14. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Only +11k HP from last year. Nothing special.
    [​IMG]
    Aaaaand my rare railgun is level 40. Lol.

Last edited: 12 Jul 2018
  15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Can't wait for a Legendary Standard Mortar, Frost Launcher, Duct Tape, and Rudder.

Already have a golden Ballpark and TriTorp in addition to the Pulse that's shown, hopefully will get my shiny Sniper this weekend.

16. EyeOfDoom

Plz :(
    [​IMG]

17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

oof

18. EyeOfDoom

I was hoping for a standard shield to put some more hp on my tank but oh well, still not as bad as turbo or big shield.

19. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'd actually take a Turbo. Mine's still Rare 50, so the Legendary would be an immediate upgrade.

20. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Tell me about it...
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-09-20-32-288_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    :D