1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a Speeder jump over a wall or other object?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 10 Jul 2018.

1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Everbody,

Just wondering if a Speeder can jump over a wall via a big wave and using its nitro? I have jumped over waves before, so I thought if it would be possible to jump over objects also with the right wave.

If so, please post a replay here. Maybe we can make a compition of it?

Good luck!

Best wishes,
    Flint

2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Highly doubt so. If they could then speeders going too fast for their own good may jump into and get stuck at cordoned/blocked off areas (e.g. the safety barrier thingy at the perimeter of crash and burn; small little areas of water blocked off from ships entering by barrels/crates).

3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Ship collisions are done on a 2D plane so jumping over anything is not possible. This guarantees you don't get stranded on a rock for example on a low wave.

4. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

I assume this means that boosting off the top of a wave to jump over a torpedo is also a "bad idea"

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hello Miika,

Thanks for the explanation. It would be funny though if some poor Speeder got stuck at the top of a wall or iceberg ;). Maybe we could even get extra points for trying to shoot him or her down again.

Regards,
    Flint

ElMataC and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

Why do we need guarantees that we don't get stranded on a rock? Allow this possibility might make the game more interesting? To get out of stuck, some boat (or the opposites) needs to shoot them.

7. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Why are we assuming the boats would sit nicely on top of a rock as opposed to clipping into it and being entombed inside? Or falling out the bottom of the map?

Why would shooting a ship dislodge it? No weapons actually “knock-back” or have an effect the position of a ship as far as I’m aware.

I think it would be nice to have some “nitro only” ramps routes, but I think the implementation of this is probably a lot harder than just saying turn off the 2D collision model and let this happen.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You're asking the right questions.

Map where it's like a racetrack with "tides" and "nitro ramps", make it happen devs!!!:D:D:D