1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event 7 Reward Requirements and Tips - Dazed and Confused - Matchmaking Help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 7 Jul 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Reward Requirements:
    You purchase one of three boxes for 35 coins that contains either parts, pieces, or perks. Once you have spent 900 coins, you get the Legendary Perk for free.
    Here are the possible purchases:
    View attachment 17680 View attachment 17681 View attachment 17682

For the piece and perk box, you are guaranteed one legendary piece or epic perk every 10 boxes, respectively.

DO NOT SPEND YOUR COINS UNTIL YOU HAVE 910! COINS WILL ROLL OVER TO THE NEXT EVENT, BUT LEGENDARY METER WILL RESET.

It might be beneficial to save 1050 coins if you are getting pieces/perks so you don’t miss out on the 10th box reward.

This event is extremely favorable to highly-skilled fleets. Many nightmare fleets will be getting Godlike this weekend.

If you average 5 coins per game, that is 180 games required to earn a Legendary perk.
    That is roughly 9 hours of gameplay (estimated average of 3-minute games). This is a very reasonable average. You are guaranteed 2 coins every game so any decent damage will get you 5+ coins. Play aggressively for best coin grinding.

Skilled players (also those who can capture consistently) should be able to get a Legendary perk in around 4 or less hours of gameplay.

Get out there and grind! Again, stay aggressive. 6 fast coins is better than 7 slow coins.

Matchmaking Tips
    These tips are what I’ve gathered from personal experience and discussions with other well-known members and devs. If something I’ve stated is incorrect and the devs would like to chime in, they are welcome.
    • Matchmaking (MM) is based on “Power”. Power is a combination of your shown gear score and crew training. Review the gear score of your teammates and enemies often. If you are consistently getting matched against players with a much higher gear-score than you.....
    • There is an “anti-exploiting” rule that is affecting a lot of players. Basically, if you equip an item that is roughly 2-3 tiers below your highest item (for example, equipping an epic t3 and an epic t5) then you will be seen as an exploiter and the lower item will be given a higher gear score. Therefore, the best strategy is to equip items of all the same tier. I know this sounds like a punishment, but without this rule players would exploit the system even more.
    • Infamy is no longer used at all in event matchmaking. This is a good thing as it prevents players from tanking in ranked games.

Overall Tips
    • You win by getting 4 kills or capturing the zone.
    • Small maps will only be in the rotation.
    • You do NOT earn stars for guild quest during this event!
    • Capture gives more coins on average compared to winning by kills.
    • Coins are primarily based on damage. Win or lose, you can get a lot of coins by getting good damage.

Gameplay Tips
    • STAY AGGRESSIVE. Winning slowly nets you less coins over time than losing with high damage quickly. Win ratio means nothing.
    • Fleeting is now allowed. Try to fleet as close in gear score as possible.
    • Every ship can do well in this event if played smart. Defenders have a big HP advantage.
    • Speeders and Enforcers will likely do the best in this event due to stun and 2v2 advantages.
    • Fixers equip your bolts with the stun removal training.
    • Try to run your most reliable, meta setups. You'll be matched against evenly geared opponents, so if their weapon is more reliable, they will probably win.
    • Capture occurs faster in this event. Much faster. Flares work best to prevent capture
    • Capture will reset on damage (like normal).
    • If you are capturing, STAY IN THE ZONE! If you go in and out, you reset your contribution.
    • If the enemy is close to capturing, you can enter the capture zone to pause any progression.

If you have any setups that you think would work well that you'd like to share, please do so!​

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    If only RNG distributed our items that way. My t5 epic blast overpowers all of my other gear, despite the rest of my equipment being t4~t5 rare on average, I'm seeing players with 4k~5k more gear score than my teammate and myself and any other weapon I have is just terrible for my playstyle. I just don't have weapons matching the rest of my gear, so this really ruins the experience for me. Not 100% of battles are this way but it's more than half. I've run into a lot of top players such as Blacktail himself.

3. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I think that there are few very good setups
    • double bubble
    • shooter with flare/fire bomb and full cannons with fire perks
    • speeders with tesla bolts (enforcers are imho better with double bubble-if you have it)
    • fixers with bolts and box/tape/pulse for self healing
    • speeders with frost+torp/mortar combo are good
    • defenders with normal setups (carronades, cannons etc.)
    I use shooter with flare+double blast+ex cannon/big torpedo
    Screenshot_20180707-141401.png
    it's slow af but also tanky enough to survive till the end of the battle

Help I Cant Swim and PastelPiku like this.
  4. ShipCrusherCz

you sure it's really working in wanted way?
    Screenshot_20180708-202121.png
    this guy got matched with mk4 ships, what do you think that happened? he kicked our asses without some real effort because of his t4 epic ex cannon
    Screenshot_20180708-231054.png
    this guy got matched against two mk4 shooters, he lost be it was only because I managed to press the button miliseconds before he could kill me with his t5 epic blast, it ended 4-3 and we both (me and my fleetmate had hp low enough to be one shoted by rare t5 blast)
    is it real punishment when he can still kill mk4 shooter with just three shots? with mk2 speeder!? that's just not normal and should not happen
    Screenshot_20180708-193109.png
    met this guy even in previous event (he broke my win streak in 1v1 at least two times and I had 14 wins in both cases)
    Screenshot_20180708-222238.png he got matched with mk4 ships but his top item was t5 epic while his other items were t1, does the rule really work?
    Screenshot_20180708-214401.png
    difference of three tiers but no punishment, isn't it weird?
    Screenshot_20180708-205356.png
    no difference in tiers of items but still op when compared with mk4 shooters even in terms of firepower

now the other side of the problem-no fair match with people with similar gear
    never lost against people who have similar gear score as they'r not skilled enough so it's kinda balanced by these manipulators but still, you know;)

5. Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister New Member

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

You all only talk about the opponent in matches. Why not mention how many coins you won? It's not like you got 0.
    Any match you win more than 4 coins. Say thank you devs.
    They are giving you free parts, pieces, weapons, and perks thru these events from earning coins. Which you can hit unlimited battle. No tickets required.

Don't focus on win loss. Focus on how many coins you want to earn. And play the amount of battles needed. If you average 5 a game whether win or lose as a median score. Then calculate from there. 900 ÷ 5. And play the amount of battles quickly to do it over 3 days. Easy. It matters little how good the winner of the game is. It matters how many coins you earn while you win or lose.

As many people have pointed out. Earn damage quickly. Get coins. Hit the next button.

Jaws

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    They're probably so high level that it's hard for the matchmaking system to find opponents for them or something :p

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  8. PastelPiku

Security
    It's still very possible to get coins but the rewards aren't what excite a lot of us when it comes to events, it's the change of pace. Events are really fun, but the matchmaking still needs a bit of work as there's a lot of unfair battles going on. A big part of it is the players trying to game the system, which forces the devs to implement countermeasures which sometimes ruin it for another group of players who's best gear naturally falls into gear score dropping territory. Why are we seeing Mk5/Mk6 ships with average equipment being pitted against Mk7 players with full racks of t4/t5 epics with some leggies? I've seen gear score differences of like 4k+ between both teams (like 8k+ gear score if you consider the total for each team) and I've experienced this myself, however I've only ever been on the bottom end of this.

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Good explanation. This should be fixed. I support the concept of tightening this.

10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Are you telling me that my whole set up is seen as exploiting. I have a legendary carronade. But I also use items a lot below: A tier 1 epic blast, a tier 3 rare standard shield, a tier 2 epic turbo and a tier 1 epic tesla shield. Apart from my tier 4 rare blast and my tier 3 OB, nothing is close to the legendaries gear score. Is this why I am seeing so many opponets with gear scores 3 k above me and with all tier 4 epics or legendaries?

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  11. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Its hard to earn coins when your oppoenents are much stronger than you. I bet all this is a ploy to make me spend some money to get another legendary.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  12. PastelPiku

Security
    Welcome to the club lol. I have a t5 epic blast, the rest of my gear is t4/t5 rare or like t2/t3 epic, but more than half of my opponents have full t4/t5 epic racks.

13. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    You know your life is dead when they hit you for 2000 while you are burning but you hit them for 450 when they are burning:p

14. PastelPiku

Security
    Ok to be fair I hit for like 1800 when they're burning but my flare does nothing and their shields are wayyyyyy better.

15. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

i hit 500 when they burning :( :(

16. ShipCrusherCz

what's the strongest weapon you use?

17. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

xD define strongest? like most dmg is probs T3R bigtorp, heres my inv
    i love my stc tho :p
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-12-12-10.jpeg
    the 500 i was talkin bout was my T2E blast at lvl 14 with two epic burn perks doing 430 without burn dmg...:(

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  18. ShipCrusherCz

I always thought that your infamy and level was much higher:eek:
    btw nice cannon

R4Z0R likes this.
  19. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

nooo im a nooob :(
    thx tho it took forever to max

PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I was having the same issue using a lvl11 Epic Nitro when I have other maxed Epics. I don't think Legendary follows the same tier pattern and the change in rarities might +/- a tier. But this is the pattern that I observed. Many players that I matched with while I was 10k+ were 8k but had 1-2 items that were wayyy underleveled. This might just be me reading too much into it, but once you see something so many times, a pattern is pretty obvious.

I'm not saying it's perfect or I even totally agree with the rule. But from what I've seen, this is how it is working. And I can guarantee that without this rule stopping some people, the exploiting would be even worse. They definitely can improve the rule, and I expect they will.