1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL]Napalm vs. Firebomb

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lookas, 9 May 2017.

?

Which one do you think is better?

1. Napalm

28 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. Firebomb

53 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. Lookas

Lookas Member

i POSTED THIS HERE BECAUSE IT'S THE MOST ACTIVE SECTION
    !!!PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THE TOPIC!!!

Let's talk about these 2:
    ~Firebomb deals impressive damage overtime...but that's quiet all.On top,a big portion of this damage can be denied with a repair pulse.
    ~Napalm,for sure,deals way less damage because you can just run out of the covered area.But,in my opinion it has a great utility.One well-landed Napalm can win a game.Usually,when you are in the red circle you try to do anything to get out of it.You just don't care if someone is shooting at you,you just try to run of the flame.This makes you vulnerable to cannons,torpedoes and all mortar-like weapons because your path is quiet predictable.At the same time,you focus more on exiting napalm radius than dealing damage to enemies/your allies (aka weakening firepower/aiming),plus the fact that a well-aimed napalm can deal considerable damage (of course,less that the firebomb overall, and it can also be denied with repair pulse for a shot time).
    So,even it has less damage,it is able to put enemies in a dangerous position,weak their firepower/aiming,block retreating paths and split up groups of enemies(aka making them panic),making individual targets,which are easier for your team to kill and achieve an advantage.

This time,it seems like damage<utility.
    Post your opinions below,maybe I am wrong.

2. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

I like Napalm. Basically because of what you said. You can use it for so many purposes. It can however also deal a massive amount of damage, especially if the enemy stays together and don't have too many yellow ships :) Pretty sure Hodges used Napalm (as the only weapon) to make all that damage you see in the screenshot that he posted in another thread. Well done Hodges!! Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 15.47.48.png

3. 书半卷

书半卷 Member

It depends on what your purpose is. The petrol bomb has a shorter cooldown, and he can create a few fires in the face of the enemy 's drive away from the bunker - more like a prop than an injury.
    这要看你的目的是什么。汽油弹冷却时间更短,他可以制造出连续几片的火场来讲敌人驱离掩体——更像一个辅助道具而非伤害道具。
    If you're going to have a steady output to the enemy, then a fire bomb would be a better choice
    如果你打算对敌人造成稳定的持续输出,那么火焰炸弹将是更好的选择。

4. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

I don't think they are directly comparable just because they both set people on fire, they are both as easily comparable to each other as they are to the rest of the mortars.

The napalm makes for great area denial, it can negate enemies to go through choke points, cut their escape route or as you said in your post, just make them freak out and try to get out at all costs, all this while also being capable of great damage. I think all of this gives the napalm a big advantage over most mortars.

The firebomb is just a mortar which deals damage differently, being capable of more damage at the cost of this being overtime and so more easily countered by a fixer.

5. Lookas

Lookas Member

true dat

6. BEN

BEN Active Member

The napalm effect can also make it hard for the enemies to see any mines or incoming torpedoes. That to me is a huge plus.
    For firebomb, the good thing about it is if you successfully land a hit on the enemy, the fire status remains on the enemy wherever they go until the effect wears off. Bonus damage for anyone who is using a cannon. The bad thing is the projectile of firebomb is slower, kinda like a big bertha, and just like mortars, the farther you are from the center the less burn damage youll receive.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

There's one thing you guys are all forgetting. Firebomb, Like the flare gun, sets the ships on fire. With both perks and crew training, cannons can deal up to 40% more damage dealt on top of the damage being on fire while burning. This can be great for fleets that run 2 ships and random teammates that have additional fire damage and can be a huge difference.

Explosive Cannons with AOe along with added fire damage can deal a lot of additional damage to a group of clustered ships.

Ian likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I know this may sound noobish, but im into using napalm+firebomb. I cut off escape routes via napalm, and make the unfrnds think I have another napalm via the firebomb. When they reach the other side, BOOM! I hit them with a long range mortar to the FACE! Mk3 shooter, btw, at 800ish infamy right now. Working on learning every weapon and ship in the game.

Ian likes this.
  9. _iLoveU_

_iLoveU_ New Member

Engineer
    Napalm is best suited for me because it creates a chaos and enemy is so focussed to get out of fire zone, that they most of time don't notice the incoming torpedoes and kaboom.

Napalm is offset for other deadly weapons like Torpido or Mortars (imo).

10. Epicular

Epicular Well-Known Member

Creator of BayStats
    I personally prefer the fire bomb just because it's a more reliable source of DPS.

If your enemies are smart, then you have to be really really good at playing Napalm in order to get good usage out of it.

11. ImmaCerealKillerBay

ImmaCerealKillerBay Member

Killing,Shooting
    Napalm.I use it to separate the unfriends.

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I literally got the idea for the napalm smokescreen at 191 infamy. It rocks!

13. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I don't know which is better
    I have used napalm, launched it and then launched my big berta next to the place where the unfriend would probably go.

I have never used firebomb but, i really want to use it because it can set the unfriends in fire for several times, and i see that firebomb can be lethal at higher league.

Here is my thought both firebomb and napalm can distract the unfrinds to spread out (napalm the most) but firebomb is so-so (either makes the unfriends freak out and spread out or makes the unfrinds move a little). CMIIW

14. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

I actually prefer using napalm as it can seperate teams plus it's hard to see mines and incoming torpedos once the water is on fire.

15. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

I have fire bomb as my main Arsenal. Fire bomb hits multiple targets (if they group up together) and with the added burn per sec perk with maxed tier in 25- 30sec all die. Even if they have healer burn is much greater. Napalm might be good but it just stays in one area. Only think the victims will only get a bad case of "Hot Flashes".

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

What rules in late game 2300+?

17. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Firedamage works with napalm as well :) Throw some napalm and let the cannons sing!

18. Dr.pie

Dr.pie Member

Depends on how you use them obviously. A strong napalm can confuse the hell out of the enemy team when they realize that crossing the fire pot will take 2000hp away from them making them scatter around conveniently and/or denying passages. But then again fire bomb can set the entire team on fire at once which will increase the chance to make everyone go near a fixer for healing pulses making them all one big target for some glorious fire bonuses. Both weapons will grant fire bonus hits but they are just differend. I love my fire bomb tho so I voted for da bomb :p

19. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

I'd say it's quite 50/50. I think napalm has been getting more popular lately.

20. mwidjaja

mwidjaja Member

Napalm has shorter range, faster cd, faster projectile, longer burning but rarely (or perhaps never) catches unfriends on fire. Firebomb longer range, slower cd, slower projectile, shorter burning but always catches them on fire. Make them on fire is good for canons. Most importantly, I use firebomb a lot more, just because i have trained T3 on Brock for shield. Though I also have 3x Rare Napalm but it needs Burnice training which is also for Flare Gun, Gear Lube or Rudder. I dont train Burnice that much cause I never use those items.