1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

is the game dead?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by - Oskar -, 4 Jul 2018.

?

is the game dead?

1. yes still alive and getting better

72.3%
  2. yes still alive and getting worst

21.5%
  3. No more fun, see you at fortnite...

6.2%
  1. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This is based on your personal one person observations. I can say that the data shows without a doubt this not being the case. Player retention is the single most important metric all game developers follow constantly.

2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

He actually received less votes. US democracy that is not really democratic :p
    But your post was very informative, thanks :)

3. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

here's some good data about the health of Battle Bay.

Screenshot_20180707-085546.png
    You can see that the '4' relating to BB revenue no longer fits in the Q1 '18 box properly. Whereas it did in Q4 '17. Safe to say that the game lost at least 10% in revenue during that period.

The game should have been a hit, but never was or will be because the dev team absolutely failed at balancing and progression and made it stupidly tilted towards P2W. "Ahneella on paskanen loppu." Now, way ahead of schedule, the game is already in its 'managed decline' phase.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2018
    Riddlerpaji, EyesTv and Djradnad like this.
  4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

1) I'm amazed people still play angry birds - 10 years later.

2) If the "US dollar weighing down revenues" was the reason for the overall 11% decrease across the board, then it's a little premature to say the game is in decline if it in fact followed the trend of every other game.

3) As far as the game being p2w ... the only thing you can buy is time.

You have access to all the same stuff people buying pearls have access to - but it will take longer to get there. Yes, some people spend tens of thousands and it may take you years to catch the point they're at now, but otherwise there would be no incentive to buy pearls. No incentive = no purchases = no game. This shit isn't free to make or maintain.

There are people in nightmare with full rare sets; I was one of them. Buying a full set of epics doesn't guarantee you're going to smash everyone and win (like it does in clash royale); there are quite a few with max epics stuck under 3k.

But, I understand ... You could see it as a "p2w" game if you're terrible at the game .. or if you expect to be maxed out in less than a month.

5. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Other games are much more successful without P2W

EyesTv likes this.
  6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

There are also tens of thousands of F2P games that are actually dead. Obviously Battle Bay is not because we can still login. It's true that Battle Bay isn't the most popular game in the market but what's the problem? Nobody tells you what games you play so if you're not enjoying Battle Bay you can just search another game. That would be great if it made you stop spreading all these doomsayer posts all over the forum.

End-is-near.png

7. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Its not dead. These events make it more fun. But the overall trend is that it will become dead. As the excitement of events becomes boring then it will become dead. Once you get to NM there isnt anything you can really work for.

EyesTv and *JAWS* like this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    What you don't realise is that there are more players in total than just in NML. Actually, you probaly do I know you're not stupid. As Vincent Speeder guy said the flalse concencus effect takes place in the forums too because most people here are in nightmare league and there are constantly threads about players leaving, unhappy with the update, nerf items, ect ect.

EyesTv likes this.
  9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

If the game doesn't change, change the way u play.
    Play differently and master it.
    I did it and enjoyed it although so many hate it (for their own selfishness).

EyesTv and wreck your day like this.
  10. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I'll say Event got better Matchmaking compared to Normal battle!
    Why is it so that i can do around 15k+ dmg without dieing even once in event whereas i jsut do 8k or low dmg in Normal! It's because Opponents are getting way too tough even in Master's Not to say about those floaters who have Mk5 and are at 100infamy

EyesTv likes this.
  11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

ROFL are you seriously coming on here and trying to say BB is not P2W? lol dude gtf outta here you don't even deserve to be posting on the same thread as me... like seriously that is the weakest shit I have seen in a loooong time. So I come with actual data and you come with some drawn out blablabla about commonly understood words and phrases don't mean what they mean? Come on man... you can do better... this is like the argument level of a 10 year old kid you're attempting lol...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

N1mzor and EyesTv like this.
  12. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    I think this game is much better than it was previously.in battlecoin events we can play to get legendary item pieces,perks and also item parts.But matchmaking can be headache sometimes.

EyesTv likes this.
  13. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

wow god essay man