1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Repair Pulse

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sewah, 5 Jul 2018.

1. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Please consider:
    - repair pulse bubble will protect the ship n any ship from any or some incoming projectile
    - repair pulse will remove stun

Thanks

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    How about the pulse gives a short buff (like 1.5 seconds) that reduces incoming damage to both the fixer and their teammates. It's a slightly beneficial effect for all affected players within range, one that might even pursuade selfish fixers to carry at least 1 pulse.

Also idk about removing stun, maybe making debuff counters a little faster?

3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I'd absolutely love that but as they've got a talent and perk for the Repair Bolt to do it, I'm not very optimistic...

@PastelPiku - Completely on your wave length, have my like +1.

PastelPiku and Sewah like this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Why does pulse need a buff? It's still the most powerful healing item...

Shadow Moon!, Sewah and Hokuse like this.
  5. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Repair bolt breaks stun and because of that tesla bolt users getting hard times already. A stun breaker repair pulse will be OP and literally kill tesla bolt. Repair pulse is the only item that have AoE heals now. It is strong enough and there is no need to buff it.

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Also, we need to buff repair box not repair pulse. Too many people are turning to repair bolt especially when it can remove stun.

7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Don’t have it remove stun, that just makes stun more useless

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

I agree, no removing of stun. (I think stun can be balanced in other ways mainly against tesla shield interaction, like I've suggested on another thread)

An x% chance of a 0.5 second (above water) invincibility bubble would be an interesting perk.
    I'd love to be able to parry that killing mortar/cannon shot with a well timed pulse.

Sewah and PastelPiku like this.
  9. Scourge Argaen

There are also 13 weapons that deal AoE / Splash damage that most are in excess of what Healing Pulse can recover.

When it comes to the effectiveness of what we have, i think we have a tough time so I'd be happy with a buff to it in one manner or another.

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I think you mean "DoT" as in "Damage Over Time"?

My Lv50 Epic Pulse heals 132HP/s - for 8 (?) seconds. 132 * 8 = 1056HP.
    My Lv40 Epic Firebomb does 70HP/s - for 20 seconds. 70 * 20 = 1400HP.

I don't use Flaregun, it not only burns for similar amounts but also reduces healing by 30%.

I personally think that there should be a "Insulation" perk available for the Pulse that reduces burn damage during its effect.

11. Scourge Argaen

No, but the FB would be inclusive of what I'm referencing, I'm talking weaponry which can impact multiple players such as the fire bomb, mines, torpedos and mortars.

From your example, the fire bomb is perhaps one of the weaker items but you've highlighted that it can still deal more damage than the pulse can heal.

+1 to the insulation perk.

Sewah, EyesTv and ShipCrusherCz like this.