1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

I’m triggered of these OP weapons. I will say why

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by NoTtIaN, 3 Jul 2018.

1. sjoerdmans48

sjoerdmans48 New Member

True, the extra fire dmg for cannons is too good. Especially with crit. It sometimes does around 2500 dmg and with the fire dmg itself maybe even a total of 3500

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  2. USS Ironsides

USS Ironsides Member

Sniper: is basically as effective as Flare+EC without any of the difficulty or slot point cost. Far too versatile, too difficult to avoid, too powerful during the early-mid game, too powerful at close range, not fun to fight against... it needs nerfing hard, and has done for ages. Quoted from ViscountSniffit.

Don't nerf my sniper, it's the only weapon I'm good at. However I would leave the crit alone but I would say the sniper does regular damage unless it hits a critical part of a ship ( the butt of the ship, or the turrent itself)
    Snipers need to be fast and without the crit it sucks
    I would disagree at too powerful at the close range cause I feel like I'm getting cheated on the crits.Someone told me sniper crits less the closer you are to enemy.I would say keep sniper crit but make the crit less effective the closer they are to you cause at least in action movies snipers in close combat suck. They are a long range, silent doom stick.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

No Scope FTW!
    In all seriousness, when you are on the receiving end, it seems OP.
    You get hit with a crit from nowhere and it hurts, get hit with multiple crits and you can go from full health to game over in 3 bullets.

However if you choose to use a sniper, you would be surprised how streaky the crits can be.
    I have an epic 40 sniper with all epic crit perks, and the other day I went 2 full games without a single crit, hitting for 400-500 per hit.
    Blast cannon would have done almost 3 times as much.

I also have been involved in 1 vs 1 situtaions, where a crit would have won the match and instead it did the noodle shot and I got melted.

After using the weapon regularly, I dont think it needs a nerf.
    It is great for solid damage with a high chance of hitting, BUT it is not reliable and can really cost you when it doesnt crit.

NeptuneGaming and USS Ironsides like this.
  4. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Because the base damage of SC is pretty low and SC is known for it's only advantage and which is it's critical chance. That's why I don't think that SC should be Nerf.

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Almost certainly. This is my highest, and that’s only with Epic Level 44, and incomplete training. With Captain Level 50, and Legendies it must be astronomical. E4936328-30AB-4CC1-9E0D-43B547E68485.png

6. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

Man that's one heck of a crit!!!

7. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

i just said that for no reason i was wrong ,what i said was so stupid , sniper cannon need a buff ...etc
    , iam not gonna say anything about sniper cannon again in my life ,that is just waste of time .

8. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

i have lvl 50 epic ExC and it deals ~3.2k damage when it crits on a non-burning player , so imagine on a burning player :confused:

USS Ironsides and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  9. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Firebomb doesn't need a nerf because you need to sacrifice youe health to make it powerful. But there is a bug that when you took damage on the edge you still take 10-15 secs damage from firebomb. That is very annoying and must be fixed. Also sniper needs a nerf but you just can't kill an item while nerfing. You need to think about users of that item guys. Sniper is too powerful and versatile for a 1 slot points item in early, mid and even late game. Nearly every shooters runs it, some runs multiple. Other ships using it too. It called sniper cannon so of course it will hit you from the other side of the map. I know it is annoying but there is nothing weird about it. The problem is sniper doesn't lose any strength in closer ranges. Still can deal 2k damage in point blank. Sniper should lose crit chance in closer ranges, just like rail gun. Losing chance can be maximum half of weapon's own chance. Additionally to soften of that nerf sniper cannon should gain %5 more base chance. Along with that sniper's maximum crit chance can be to reach will be %50 instead of %45. It will have a buff when using in longer ranges.

10. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

If this gets implemented, then killing Enforcers as well as speeders are gonna be hell. And ofcourse not to mention Defenders who get into ur face while duelling. It will be really tough to fight against these ships in specific it gets that Nerf.

I suggest to keep sniper as it is now, with out changing anything.

00starlord00 likes this.
  11. 00starlord00

00starlord00 Member

@Mad_Bulls_007 so true.
    And BTW my ign is # Beast_Hunter

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Tbh, sniper is at most balanced state it can be in. Any tinkering will have negative impact on players no matter what you do.

Nerf crit chance buff damage? Sure... Epic sniper already crits for 2k+. Then, it will crit for 3k+. You can reduce crit chance to all the way down to 5%, but guess what, someone somewhere will take that 3k+ crit to the face from across the map and write another nerf paragraph somewhere here.

Reduce crit by distance: Sure.. people already complain about camping and we give them another reason to camp even more. Make sure to stay near you spawn zone and start sniping the first target you see.

Reduce crit chance: Honestly other than angering sniper users, this will do nothing. 45% does not mean that every second shot will be a crit. It only means that amount of crits will converge towards 45% over the course of many games. Sniper can crit back to back even with 30% and you will still take occassion back to back crits from different or same opponent and will still be as mad as now.

Mad_Bulls_007 and 00starlord00 like this.
  13. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    if youre going to write whar i wrote, than ok.
    people say nitro is better than oB. just to balance out the usage.
    So, if gear lube and rudder are buffed. than each blue item would be way too contrvercial (i wrote to buff the base stats)
    tesla shield (buff base stats)
    i wrote 90% of what you just said, while you getting more likes

14. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    youre fault. choose the inbetween.
    turbo: its just overused. upgrade it!
    firebomb: choose this or BS. its easy for someone to be using an OP weapons and say 'i like it, its fair'

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry! Apparently, your suggestion was just so original and insightful, I had to steal it (couldn’t help myself).

Then, to really confuse everyone, I went back in time, and posted it HERE two months before you joined the forum :rolleyes:

16. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    good. apology accepted

17. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

No, it won't. There is a weapon called carronade in game, have you been try it for once? You can still keeping enforcer and speeder hunt in long distances with sniper. If they gets so close to you then you can hit them with carronade. Epic carronades can deal 1,5k damage around. You can scare yellow ships easily.

18. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Carro is one of my favorite weapons. But it is basically useless against players with high defense (I want more close range weapons :mad::mad::mad:)

ShipCrusherCz and Hokuse like this.
  19. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

That is not true, my friend ;) defence weaken carro's strength but still a decent carro can give you good numbers on enemies head, even defenders with defence cap. But, lucky us there is a few players using defence perks :cool:
    Also yeah, i want a close range flame thrower too :p

20. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    you know what? i think flamethrower should be in the game. lemme make an unoriginal post :);):mad::rolleyes::oops::eek::D

Hokuse likes this.